Cytel Inc Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Cytel Inc Reviews

Updated 13 October, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "good career growth, global opportunities"

I have been working at Cytel Inc full-time

Pros

The company provides multiple paths for career growth, and global opportunities
    Good culture and transparency

Cons

The company is relatively small considering it is 30 years old!

Advice to Management

A faster expansion might pave the way for people aspiring for bigger roles

1 Feb, 2017 – CEO - India

Thank you for your comments. You are so right about growth paving the way for bigger roles. In the past two years we have had splendid growth globally and we hope to continue.

2. "Nice place to work"

Pros

good work distribution and nice environment

Cons

no at this moment. May know more later on.

3. "Sr.Statistical programmer"

Current Employee - Senior Statistical Programmer in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Statistical Programmer in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Cytel Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well Organization, Good Work distribution and Individual recognisation

Cons

No Stocks available and no bonus provided

5. "Cytel"

Current Employee - Trainee SAS Programmer in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Trainee SAS Programmer in Pune (India)

I have been working at Cytel Inc full-time

Pros

For experience people cytel is great platform.

Cons

For Fresher very less opportunities.

1 Feb, 2017 – CEO - India

Thanks for your review. It is true that fresher opportunities in India are very limited. However we continue our strong effort via CliPLab to launch great careers, and we have been largely successful.

""pathetic""

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Bengaluru (India)

Pros

None as on date. If I talk when I joined this company, yes we used to have some pros but not now.

Cons

There is no Policy for any process.
    Junk of people filled with 1st team from years and years
    Probation period for 6 months even for 10+years experience persons. You have to pray your manager otherwise he won't confirm your probation.

Advice to Management

Fill your thoughts with new blood.

1 Feb, 2017 – CEO - India

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Fact is we have never had a QA Engineer position in Bengaluru, so the content of the review is puzzling.
    Nevertheless we take sincere note of... More

"Innovative, Caring Company with Positive Growth"

Former Employee - Biostatistics
    Former Employee - Biostatistics

Pros

Cytel is a friendly, supportive company with an almost family-like atmosphere despite its growing size. There are great opportunities to learn here. The clients and projects provide interesting challenges and the work is innovative, particularly in the strategic consulting and software divisions. The biostatistics and data management division employs a rigorous approach to ensure quality of work products for clients, as one would hope and expect from a CRO with FDA-regulated trials.

Cons

There are few downsides! I had thought that having team members across different time zones amongst Cytel's locations would be a challenge to productivity, but did not find this to be the case; in fact, it often meant that important work was completed and ready for review by the time you arrived for work the next morning!

Advice to Management

Continue the vision of growth while remaining focused on what the company is known for - statistical science, programming and data management. Foster additional connections between statisticians in the different divisions of Cytel for the benefit of all and the company.

"Overall Neutral"

Former Employee - Statistician in Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Statistician in Pune (India)

I worked at Cytel Inc full-time

Pros

Nice employee friendly environment.. Lot of fun activities like cricket badminton lots else.. Enjoy work culture... People get stat together as family ... Salary is also not too bad

Cons

As Statistician, not core stat work... they labelled as bio-statistician but work more or less statistical programmer. For initial days, it is fine but we can not grow as statistician in long term goal. Lots of politics at work place. instead should concentrate on the technical work..

Advice to Management

Salary structure should be standardized. Some people get 25% hike and some 8 %... This is an arbitrary example... It should be standardized somewhere. Insurance policy vendor very bad.

9. "Ethical management and dedicated people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Cytel Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cytel has a very special company culture. The senior management act with integrity and consideration for employees, customers, and other stakeholders. This means that employees are passionate about what they do and morale generally seems very good. The company is built on strong academic and scientific credentials and I think this makes a real difference. Commercially, Cytel is seeing consistent success so that brings lots of opportunities.

Cons

Nothing too much to mention so far! Back- office functions probably need to be expanded as the company continues to grow.

Advice to Management

Keep the vision and unique feel of the company as it grows.

10. "CEO"

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Cambridge, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Cambridge, MA (US)

I have been working at Cytel Inc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Absolutely nothing wrong to report unless you said they are too kind to their people.

Advice to Management

Have a vision. Make it widely known as a great company to work for. make it widely known among customers as a great company to partner with. Give every employee an opportunity to be innovative. Keep at the forefront of statistical science.

"Company policies different for each employee"

I worked at Cytel Inc full-time

Pros

No such pros to mention. You may get better ctc than other companies but with a loss of all your knowledge you gained in other companies will get rusted in Cytel.

Cons

Salary hike depends on face value of a person not the performance. No credit is given who works hard only those are praised and given promotion who back bites about team members to their managers and chat all day long. Insurance policy too sucks. On infrastructure side too it is below par seats are not ergonomical, no parking available need to park your vehicle on public road every morning need to fight for the place to park, no canteen, no transportation.

Advice to Management

Better make your policy same for each employee. The components of salary structure should also be same. Always it is different for each employee. As you take advantage of non disclosure of your salaries so employees can't speak up.