Crocs "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Crocs Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Sep 13, 2019

Found 395 reviews

Crocs CEO Andrew Rees (no image)
Andrew Rees
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management has no idea how to manage(in 27 reviews)

• "They would get irritated at MOD’s for not making sales goals even if no one comes into the store during their shift(in 11 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews

"Nothing is ever good enough.. EVER!!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Ocean City, MD

I have been working at Crocs part-time for less than a year

Pros

It’s a paycheck. That’s all I can say. I’d be happy once I leave this god forsaken place of rubber shoes!!

Cons

1. Pressured to sell their croc shine 2. Pressured to sell high priced socks (who would pay $10 for a 3 pack of socks) 3. Pressured to sell reusable bags (tbh it’s ugly and you can get ones at the grocery store that hold up better) 4. Overworked 5. Unappreciated 6. Underpaid 7. Understaffed (and it is for a reason folks) 8. No matter what you do it’s always wrong 9. Pointless monthly reviews... you’re to... blame on what customers don’t want to buy. 10. Kudos app... what stupidity!! I honestly don’t care about some stupid little pat on the back bs!! I rather have money not some imaginary reward!! Imaginary rewards don’t pay my bills! Oh they’ll tell you it’s for “potential promotion opportunities”... yeah right! The only way you get a promotion is if you’re a brown noser and that’s something I refuse to be! 11. If you have to hurry through 50 boxes of shipment and don’t fill.... OH MY GOD!! You hear how it’s all wrong and how you made more work for someone else.. what insanity! 12. High pressure but no nice reward... if that’s your thing then go ahead and apply!! I wish I learned that sooner!! 13. High turnover 14. Wants you to smother customers but then say you spend too much time with them?!?!?! (Contradicting much?!?) 15. Favoritism 16. You’re blamed for stuff you didn’t do!! “Accountability” they preach! HA! What nonsense!! I was blamed for shoes being in the wrong place from Friday when I was over at my other job.... 17. Been told to put coupons on orders to sell customers shoe care they didn’t even want or ask for! (I’m sorry but that’s unethical.. surprised LP hasn’t came in on that yet) 18. Had to hear how the store was over in hours but management didn’t want to be held accountable over the fact that I didn’t get a break!! 19. Managers will try to give you a psychoanalysis as to why you can’t make customers buy socks, croc shine and a cheap plastic bag... (I wish I were kidding with y’all.. happened to me) 20. Corporate doesn’t even know what they want.. and the company will pay the price!! But they won’t listen.. why you ask? Simple it’s the selective “accountability” they preach about. 21. Managers will have you nearly interrogate the customer and pressure them into buying stuff they don’t want, need, ask for, like, and uncomfortable!! Just so they can steal YOUR sale and act like they did the work. 22. Cliquey 23. Wants you to be competitive over sales... ummm no I’m not fighting with my coworker over a piece of plastic or a sponge for that matter!! That’s idiotic!!! If you want me to act like I’m on commission then... maybe here’s an idea.. ACTUALLY PAY ME COMMISSION!! 24. I’ve had coworkers complain over how I got more sales than them but I was actually with customers while they were powwowing in the back doing nothing.. 25. Hostile work environment... Sorry for the long list.. I could go on for all eternity but I’ll spare you.

Advice to Management

1. Pay more and add commission since you want to stress your employees as if they’re being paid that way. 2. Newsflash! Not many people want a cheap plastic reusable bag with bad handles. 3. If you don’t stop pressuring employees like the ways listed above you’re going to make them leave.. I’m not even three months in and I’m already looking for another job. 4. Clean house or it will just keep getting... worse!! 5. Be aware about who you pick to be managers... I’ve seen people that are managers and to be brutally honest they should NEVER be a manager at all!! 6. Stop being hypocrites!! **And to be even more blunt... this is one of the worst places I have EVER worked at in my entire retail career!!!** But let’s be honest here... I don’t think they’re going to read it because they think it’s all good.... and to go one step further if they ever had to do undercover boss for a day they wouldn’t survive in the nightmare they created!!

Crocs2019-06-22
  2. "Financial Analyst"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Hoofddorp

I have been working at Crocs full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good working environment and atmosphere

Cons

very low salary level compared to industry level

Crocs2019-03-16

"Crocs needs to improve their management. Toxic work environment."

Former Employee - Team Lead in Boulder, CO

I worked at Crocs part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Fun coworkers -Free shoes each month -Good employee discount

Cons

-Terrible management -Toxic work environment -Unorganized -No feedback

Crocs2019-02-08

"Relaxed Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niwot, CO

I have been working at Crocs full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flex time off; relaxed work environment; good camaraderie

Cons

You don't get ahead if you are a worker bee.

Advice to Management

Reward employees that give their all, not just managers, directors and VPs.

Crocs2018-11-28
  5. "CSC"

I worked at Crocs full-time for less than a year

Pros

Team work, frendly working environment

Cons

none during my service with crocs

Crocs2018-03-18

"Not what was expected"

I have been working at Crocs part-time

Pros

The only thing positive is the employee discount

Cons

-Horrible Management -No Growth -Pressured Work Environment -Management does what they please

Advice to Management

Focus on your team better and giving everyone chance. Don't just downgrade someone from one mistake. Managers also need to lead by example because they affect how the rest of the team behaves.

Crocs2018-02-05
  7. "Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Crocs full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exciting culture, comfortable product, great employee discount

Cons

Scheduling, staffing, replenishment control, work environment

Crocs2017-10-17
  8. "Business Analyst"

I worked at Crocs

Pros

Professional working environment. Managers are thoughtful and supportive.

Cons

Not so much to mention

Advice to Management

Please keep up the good work

Crocs2017-10-03

"Not a great company to work for. I worked at the Sawgrass Mall location"

I worked at Crocs full-time

Pros

Most of the time the work environment was great. Coworkers are very close to each other and support each other. The only reason I worked for this company for years is because I was waiting for things to get better according to the promises that were made.

Cons

Company does not recycle. There is a tremendous amount of waste. No space or environment for a comfortable lunch break. Promises are made but never completed. HR is barely there for the sales team. Head management cares more about the end of quarter bonus. There is a lot of pressure from district and regional managers, even when its slow season they expect to have high numbers. The stress level is high and... it makes the work days miserable. Everything is based on numbers but not on the effort people put into their jobs Salary is not the same for the same position and peoples work is not recognized properly. A few management members take/get credit for what other sales associated do. There is favoritism and things are kept from head management and there are many things that are unfair to others. They think that by giving you free pairs two or three times a year at most, that you'll be happy. When all we wanted was for management to make things fair for everyone. Oh and shoes are way over priced even for employees.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the people that work for you and get rid of the problems (people) that are affecting most of the staff.

Crocs2017-05-18
  10. "Good first job"

Former Employee - Retail Allocator in Amsterdam

I worked at Crocs full-time for more than a year

Pros

- casual office culture - international working environment - flexible working time/home office

Cons

- communication across departments sometimes is not optimal. - constantly changing company strategies. - entry level employees are often overlooked, even though they are the direct contacts with stores or the first line executor of a changed policy. This usually caused confusion and diminished motivation.

Advice to Management

Stop constantly changing strategies. Pay more attention to product and service quality.

Crocs2016-11-09