Crocs "free shoes" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Crocs Employee Reviews about "free shoes"

Updated Sep 13, 2019

Found 395 reviews

Crocs CEO Andrew Rees (no image)
Andrew Rees
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management has no idea how to manage(in 27 reviews)

• "They would get irritated at MOD’s for not making sales goals even if no one comes into the store during their shift(in 11 reviews)

Reviews about "free shoes"

Return to all Reviews

"Great at first..."

Former Employee - Key Holder

I worked at Crocs part-time for more than a year

Pros

Free shoes! You get so many different pairs of free shoes throughout the year and great discounts. The people who work and shop there are fun and there is always great energy.

Cons

They literally ask you to track so much stuff. Everyday there is a different goal for everything... charms, shine, socks, clogs (specifically), regular shoes. Don't expect any type of raise or promotion. No room for growth! Really there is more bad than good. Great first job or for high schoolers really. Oh and they use a lot of plastic. Every shoe that comes in to the store... every single pair... is sent... individually wrapped in a plastic ziploc bag. Crocs loves plastic waste.

Crocs2019-04-27

"Irresponsible company"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Crocs full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great discount. Free shoes several times a year. Health insurance for part time associates.

Cons

In 5 years of management with Crocs, I received one raise- despite our store revenue more than doubling- I was told part of the consideration in the raise amount was "time employed with company". The raise was less than fifty cents. They claim to be competitive, but every store in my mall paid a minimum of $2/hr more for the same position. Some as much as $5 more. The amount of paperwork and tracking required is... equivalent to about 3 solid work days. I spent more time in the office tracking % of charm and crocs butter sales for every associate than I did on the sales floor. Upper management has no idea how to manage. I saw 4 DMs in my district over 5 years. Most of them were inconsistent, unavailable, and generally didn't care anything about their stores except that numbers were hit. The majority of store managers who left, left because of impossible DMs. My store was incredibly high volume and they insisted on keeping us in one of the smallest suits in our mall. In the summer we averaged 80-100 boxes a day with no where to put them except the sales floor. The back room was so full we consistently had avalanches that injured employees. Even AFTER we got an offsite storage unit. A storage unit they initially refused to give us, despite a customer injury from boxes stacked on the sales floor. In 2015 they discontinued the employee bonus program and in 2018 joined with Kudos. Kudos isn't a bad program, but instead of accruing points towards earning an appliance or handbag, cash I could have used on bills sure would have been nice. Especially with their low wages. There was very very little redeeming about this employer. I stayed for the insurance and mostly decent hours. As soon as I stared indicating I was looking for other employment, my manager was told to "push her out". They have no interest in retaining top talent. And as I was being pursued but three other companies, I happily left that incredibly toxic environment.

Advice to Management

Spend less money on individually packaging every shoe, less money on marketing that never gets used, less money on celebrity spokespeople, and invest in your stores and your employees. Pay them livable wages. Recognize talent. And set them up for success.

Crocs2019-05-07

"Crocs needs to improve their management. Toxic work environment."

Former Employee - Team Lead in Boulder, CO

I worked at Crocs part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Fun coworkers -Free shoes each month -Good employee discount

Cons

-Terrible management -Toxic work environment -Unorganized -No feedback

Crocs2019-02-08

"Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waipahu, HI

I have been working at Crocs full-time for more than a year

Pros

Occasionally you can pick a free shoe from a list

Cons

Upper management is a giant click made up of people who used to work together at Reebok & Adidas. They were pushed out of there and got into Crocs where they started pushing that staff out and replacing them with their friends who were unqualified for the positions they were placed into. If you disagree with anything or anyone in the click you are instantly labeled a problem and they will harass you and... discriminate against you until you leave regardless of the impact on the business. The business is second priority to keeping the click together. Do not waist your time going to HR either, they only exist to ensure the company doesn't get sued. They will not be a neutral mediator, they are also part of the click.

Crocs2018-11-11

"Team Lead"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Johnson Creek, WI

I worked at Crocs part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice discount, frequently get free shoes, fun contests put on by corporate to boost morale and encourage more sales.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations from corporate. They would get irritated at MOD’s for not making sales goals even if no one comes into the store during their shift. Location I worked at didn’t recycle and I’m under the impression the most locations don’t recycle. We’d go through a lot of unnecessary plastic in shipment that’ll fill garbage bags weekly.

Crocs2018-10-04
  6. "Working at Crocs"

I have been working at Crocs part-time

Pros

Free shoes every couple of months.

Cons

Low pay, constantly on your feet.

Crocs2018-08-15

"Run fast from this job"

I have been working at Crocs

Pros

Good discount. Some free shoes

Cons

My store manager takes smoke breaks every hour for 15 minutes. Then she comes back in smelling nasty. She is never on the sales floor and we think she’s on something because she acts like it. She’s threatened hours and cuts them when we don’t sell croc shine even if we ask customers to buy it. We have homemade signs in the store and it’s tacky. Customers will be complaining because the store manager has a bad... attitude when she is on the floor. When our district manager comes she act a different way but you can’t tell him anything because he already caused drama with the last manager and he brag about it. Our last store manager kept a good store but our new store manager doesn’t do anything to help us. We get a visit and then it’s all our fault because the store wasn’t good enough. The new assistant manager pops pills all day long. Not an environment I want to be in. I’m looking for a new job. Too bad because it used to be fun to be here. I didn’t sign up for rehab y’all.

Advice to Management

Do drug testing and find out what is going on with the people. Bring back our old store manager. She cared and worked. Not enough hours.

Crocs2018-07-31
  8. "Team Lead"

Former Employee - Team Lead

I worked at Crocs part-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay was great. hours sometimes, free shoes on first week, and free shoes during certain times of the year, quarterly 70% off shoes, and 50% normally of everything.

Cons

the manager she was horrible , if she did not like you she would not give you hours so you can quit, very mean to costumers, and made the job less enjoyable.

Advice to Management

Change your management.

Crocs2018-05-19

"Horrible"

Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Crocs full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get free shoes. You get the brand name. Not much to write. As I can’t think of anything except these two reasons.

Cons

No growth, No employee satisfaction, workplace harassment, not safe for women, work like a slave in the kingdom. Threat to termination for insubordination .

Advice to Management

Change upper management. Take employee feedback on regular interval

Crocs2018-04-19
  10. "Sales associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at Crocs part-time for less than a year

Pros

- free shoe on first day - 50% discount - flexible scheduling ( good for school or second job) - good communication with manager of store

Cons

- no commission for sales - very outdated systems, and outdated paper work that can become a hassle when closing or opening

Crocs2018-03-23