Criteo Employee Reviews about "french"

Updated Jan 22, 2020

4.1
Criteo CEO Megan Clarken
Megan Clarken
Pros
Cons
  • "career opportunities: yes, if your French(in 23 reviews)

• "the career path could probably be improved but I know that they are working on it(in 14 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "french"

Return to all Reviews

"Nice people, on a sinking ship!"

Former Employee - Account Strategist in Barcelona

I worked at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Nice people, some good events

Cons

- insanely pushy management - sometimes pushing solutions that are not for client-benefit, rather only benefitial for the teamlead's or manager's benefit - micro-management at its best - heavy workload (very large portfolios) - bad administration - career opportunities: yes, if your French! - dying business (model) Honestly, it's a sign if young talent keeps leaving the company and wanting out asap.

August 4, 2020Criteo People Team

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on your experience. We work to assess performance of our employees in a fair and consistent way through our evolving Perform & Develop approach, and as we assess internal promotions, as well as appointments to new roles – we work to appoint the right candidate for any given role, taking into account all strands of diversity. To retain our position as a leader in technology advertising solutions, we’re a target driven business, but we work to support every team member in achieving or even over-achieving their objectives. As we move through a transition to a multi-product Company we’re shifting to become more customer centric, and we know we have strides to make here, and our new strategy puts the Customer at the centre of that.

"No Company Direction"

Current Employee - Sales Director

I have been working at Criteo full-time

Pros

Generous vacation policy and the people I work with are generally pleasant

Cons

Leadership is clueless in how the day to day operations work. In the last 2 years the entire executive team has turned over but the CFO. French leadership doesn't not understand nuances of US market from both a client and talent perspective.

October 28, 2019Criteo People Team

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. Any restructure is strategically planned to ensure that teams are set up to best support the company objectives. Our turnover is on par with industry levels and we continually review departure reasons to learn where we can make improvements to the employee experience. If you have concerns you would like to share in confidence, please do reach out to me directly. Regards, Denis Colin, EVP People

"Great company in the past, that changed after horrible bosses are promoted or hired"

Former Employee - Technical Solutions Engineer in Singapore

I worked at Criteo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Smart colleagues - Great benefits

Cons

- Directors are lacking of direction, presence and listening skills - Zero transparency - Unfair promotion policy, it was preached that people need to be involved in successful global projects. When you did just that, you still won’t get promoted. Well unless you’re French or able to speak French.

March 14, 2019Criteo People Team

Hello, Firstly, thank you so much for taking the time to submit your honest feedback. We sincerely appreciate very bit of feedback as it creates an important opportunity for us to learn how we can improve the employee experience. We are sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience at Criteo. We are definitely working hard to make Criteo a place where everyone feels supported and your feedback will be escalated. We hear your concerns on promotion, retention and transparency in the workplace. We remain committed to develop our managers into greater leaders and instill a culture where each team member can openly express their perspective. The Leadership and People teams will also continue to implement initiatives based on employee feedback through company-wide surveys as well as through local listening sessions. While we are still in a transition phase, which comes with its challenges, we are doing our very best to make the employee experience a great one. Thank you, Criteo People Team.

"Diamond in the dirt"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Barcelona

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-great people -free breakfast -amazing health benefits -good product

Cons

Well where do I begin? Two years ago Criteo was a different company. The company truly embraced "go go go" and you felt that you work for a true innovative and strong organized company. Now.... The company has abandoned their "quality over quantity" policy and have changed it to "quantity over quality". Hey, if you can hire people for the half price just because they've barely tasted the corporate world.. why not? Want a promotion? you better be best friends with the manager, oh and make sure you start a bunch of meaningless projects so that upper management sees you. Want a senior position? Got a french passport? Hey, let's just raise everyone's target when over 50% of sales reps can't reach their current target.. makes sense, right? The company begs for feedback from their employees almost on a weekly basis. you'd expect things to change and for the feedback to be taken seriously, right? WRONG.

March 4, 2019TA Programmes Manager

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. Criteo recognises that we have amazing talent who have helped to drive us to where we are today. We also continue to transform the business, and are excited about 2019 as we have a clear vision for the future of Criteo, as well as within Mid-Market. The Leadership team in Barcelona, as well as our People team, continuously work to implement initiatives based on employee feedback through company-wide surveys as well as through local listening sessions. We strive to roll out new programs tailored to improve our team members’ experience based on that feedback. We also work to ensure opportunities for internal roles are fair and open to all, and that we have diverse perspectives at all levels at Criteo. If you’d like to discuss your feedback in more detail, I will absolutely make time to listen. You can send me an email directly to s.chindalur@criteo.com. Thank you. Regards, Shruthi Chindalur – Regional Managing Director, EMEA MM

"Keep quiet and get your salary"

Current Employee - Barcelona in Barcelona

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good salary and benefits Easy to get promoted if you know how to play politics or speak French If you don't have to be treated fairly and just get your paycheck, it might be the company for you.

Cons

-management is lacking professionalism in basic skills (although I do not blame them, as they never needed them) - code of conduct does not exist in some teams - team leads are given responsibilities but cannot make any decisions and yet still behave as managers and remind you about hierchy - no career path and no clear goals in most of the teams - senior employees are leaving or are unmotivated to help other team members and care only about their jobs and targets - lack of confidentiality in HR team, they are just gathering information for the managers (none of the meetings are confidential, if you are working in Criteo now, please remember this) - lack of cooperation between teams - employees are treated like children instead of professional advice and support - feedback is not welcomed, specially if given to French employees and ignored in many cases - employees who are the manager's friends are receiving special treatments everyday and nobody is reacting, because it is a closed circle of self-supporting and covering tracks (very visible recently - did you think we don't notice?) - junior profiles are hired because it is cheaper and easier to control, people come to have fun in Barcelona and do not complain, after a while they leave - specific people only are "asked" by the managers to add a positive review of the company (October) Criteo is creating an illusion and a bigger lie every month. All employees are playing along and clapping as we all want to keep our jobs. Things are getting worse with each quarter, targets are unrealistic and there is no support from management. People skills are missed, because what is important is "projects". People are fired as if they did not mean anything. Meanwhile some managers can spend budgets on their friends and their needs or take sick days whenever they want without documentation.

March 4, 2019TA Programmes Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate you sharing your personal experience at Criteo. We know, like any company, that there are areas we need to focus on to continue to improve employee experience. The People and Leadership teams continuously work on different initiatives to ensure that opportunities for internal roles are fair and open to all, and that we have diverse perspectives at all levels within Criteo. We remain focused on building career paths that are compelling for our team members in Barcelona and instilling a culture where team members can be open and express their perspective. If you’d like to discuss your feedback confidentially and in more detail, I will absolutely make time to listen. You can send me an email directly to s.chindalur@criteo.com. Thank you. Regards, Shruthi Chindalur – Regional Managing Director, EMEA MM

"Experiences people DON'T go"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Barcelona

I worked at Criteo full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Breakfast - View - Office - Location - Salary ( Well not anymore apparently) - The product is amazing.

Cons

OH GOD, where do I start? Well, when you build a company based on the french management cover by some American startup management there will be a problem one day. Here we are. The middle management have to be fulfilled by competent people, not the people that have been here since the beginning and have created a kind of untouchable bubble. The fact is that if you want to manage sales team, prove yourself first instead of being promoted because you joined the company at the right time. This is where the problems start. Then when you hire people with skills, do not manage them like kids and do not expect that they are going to follow every single sales advice you give. You have to learn as well from everyone. You are not better because you're manager and you don't know everything about sales (please listen to people). With this (French) management bubble, people gravitate to being on their side, you can feel a real hypocrisy atmosphere. IN CRITEO BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU SAY, the walls have ears and to be promoted, apparently is good to be a wall ;) So there is a problem with a company that run a french management covered by an American management expectation.

March 4, 2019Staffing Coordinator

Firstly, thank you so much for taking the time to submit your honest feedback.  Every bit of feedback creates an important opportunity for us to learn how we can improve the employee experience.  We are working hard to make Criteo a place where everyone feels supported and to ensure opportunities are fair and open to all. It’s a key focus of leadership to ensure that we have diverse perspectives at all levels. Criteo recognises that we have amazing talent who have helped to drive us to where we are today. While we continue to transform the business, we are excited about 2019 and the clear vision for the future of Criteo. This includes strengthening a culture of belonging - which we believe is core to the values we embrace in Mid-Market. Thank you. Regards, Shruthi Chindalur – Regional Managing Director, EMEA MM

"Not a good place at any point in your career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Barcelona

I worked at Criteo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Boy oh boy, have I been waiting to write this review. I have been at Criteo for a sufficient amount of time to see the company go from a small BCN office where everyone was each others friend to the giant mess it became today. Only now I realise how many snakes there were (and still are) in the management, how necessary a French passport is to be promoted and how little I should have expected from this company at all. Let me kick this off with a few positive points: - You get well paid. Barcelona is a relatively cheap city (though getting more expensive), which Criteo knows very well. They pay you well so you don't complain, sit quiet and do your job without providing any sort of criticism. Be careful - if you get relocated as a new employee and get fired within the first 6 months you have to pay back the relocation bonus. Happened to many times. - Office is amazing. Great views, you get free breakfast (as you do in all Criteo offices), there is ticket restaurant (free lunch), by the beach. - Some employees you can actually learn a lot from and become friends with. Enjoy while they're there - high probability that they will be leaving soon!

Cons

After working for a long time for a company you would expect to be the go to point in case of issues, be acknowledged and be promoted. Not at Criteo Barcelona, here you simply get ignored, nobody cares about your opinion if you are not in a management position (where you only get to if you are French of have French friends). If you intend to get promoted expect to be spending your after works at Barnabier on the "management table", the one where all the managers gather and only people who want to be promoted try to glue themselves on. If you try to get promoted like in any normal company (working hard and being there for your colleagues), you get forgotten - they will do their best to make you get pissed off so that you leave yourself and they don't have to pay the golden handshake fee. To the juniors out there - stay home in your cold countries, do not be deceived by Criteo HR promising your amazing views and spamming their Linkedin profiles with it. It's all a nice cover for the mess that's actually happening inside and you will find out very soon after joining.

March 4, 2019Staffing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We take all constructive feedback seriously. The leadership and People experience team are working together to ensure there are opportunities for everyone and to make this a happy and fair place to work. The fact still remains that we are in a transition phase. While it comes with its challenges, we are committed (no matter what) to do our very best to make the employee experience a great one. Regards, Shruthi Chindalur, Regional Managing Director – EMEA MM

"Obsolete"

I worked at Criteo full-time

Pros

CEO with vision and business sense

Cons

My manager didn't even say goodbye when I left. Extremely micromanaged environment - even small decisions have to be a approved by the manager and the level above. If you are not French, it's extremely hard to get a promotion. Backstabbing environment, where many people are just looking out to impress their managers.

April 16, 2019Criteo People Team

Firstly, thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review. We are disappointed to hear that you have been left with a negative perception of Criteo. We acknowledge that even Managers have areas requiring development and your feedback helps us to identify these areas and continually improve.

"Do not recommend"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Barcelona

I worked at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Golden cage - high benefits and salaries. * Nice offices and facilities. * Nice company events.

Cons

*It's all about people - that's how they sell it, but it's ALL ABOUT NUMBERS. You count to generate revenue, otherwise you're not valuable and you're out. *FRENCH OVER ALL! - they promote even French people to Lead UK Market. All Leadership team is French....how strange taking into account that we're talking about an European Hub with many nationalities based in Barcelona, but on the Top, only French people. They speak french in meetings, even if there are people in the room who won't understand the language. Very rude environment. *POLITICS vs. CAPABILITIES - the better you're at politics, the higher you will get. Do not challenge the wrong person, or you will be left out. *RECRUITMENT is a SALES DEPARTMENT - 100000 of promises to attract people from many countries, cash in hand to make it more attractive to end up getting dismissed most of them for not selling. They don't care if you've just relocated from another country, or you're sick, they care if you sell, and this is why the recruitment team doesn't evaluate if you're suitable for the role, they sell you the role so that you can come and make sure they get their bonus. *PEOPLE MANAGEMENT? - WHATS IS THAT? - Top Management Team build all by promotions of (again) french nationalities, with very poor skills. They want to become Managers so that they stop having targets that put you on an Improvement Plan almost every 2 Quarters. The Middle Management Team is more human, but unfortunately, the culture and the Top Management won't support them. *DISMISSALS EVERY DAY - I've seen more dismissals in 1 year than anywhere else in my whole working experience (more than 10 years on the same sector). Specially if you join as Sales Manager, other positions are more lucky on that. Very high attrition. *CRITEO is FOR YOU IF: you LOVE POLITICS, are FRENCH or SPEAK FRENCH, DON'T CARE about TEAM WORK but only about INDIVIDUAL OBJECTIVES, your PRIORITY is MONEY and NOT PEOPLE.

October 31, 2018TA Programmes Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate you telling us about your personal experience at Criteo. We are a company and team that is fully committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment: English is the universal language in Criteo as we are a global company. The People and Leadership teams continuously work on different initiatives to develop our managers and to ensure a fair workplace, free from discrimination. In a commercial organization, it is true that targets are important, but we strive to put our people first. While we are going through a transitional year of transformation for mid-market and the company, we understand there will be some challenges that we face in certain areas of the business. If you’d like to discuss the issues you have experienced in more detail, I will absolutely make time to listen. Please feel free to reach out to me through Linkedin (https://www.linkedin.com/in/shruthichindalur/) or send me an email directly on s.chindalur@criteo.com. Thank you. Regards, Shruthi Chindalur – Regional Managing Director, EMEA MM

"Data Analyst"

5.0

I have been working at Criteo

Pros

Great office, innovative environment, opportunities to learn and grow, flexible

Cons

Competitive, everyone speaks French at the head office

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 English Reviews