Criteo Employee Reviews about "career path"

Updated Apr 27, 2020

4.1
Criteo CEO Megan Clarken
Megan Clarken
Pros
Cons
  • "career opportunities: yes, if your French(in 23 reviews)

• "the career path could probably be improved but I know that they are working on it(in 14 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "career path"

Return to all Reviews

"Low valued : warning lack of employee protection"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales in Barcelona
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good integration especially when you come from outside Spain Friendly people aged 25 - 35 yo Cultural diversity Lot of personal-time (everyone is gone from the office at 6pm)

Cons

- Unexperienced management: lack of transparancy and rationality when taking organisational decisions , do not receive and apply feedbacks, low level of knowledge regarding their markets and sales methodology - No career path - Low internal promotions - No inspirational leadership - Lack of employees protection: people dismissed within 2 hours notice, psychological strains (HR convocations without subject notice), temporal dissmissal for invalid reason regarding law (example: you broke the elevator screen and we've seen that in camera)

August 4, 2020Criteo People Team

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We believe that our team members are at the heart of what we are at Criteo, and our international and dynamic team members make us unique. We focus on bringing in both external hires who bring outside expertise, skills, and experience, as well as creating internal opportunities for appointment to roles in management. We work hard to ensure those who are in our manager roles have the right training and development to be effective leaders. This includes a focus on creation of a coaching and development culture. In our New Business organization we’ve been working to create a clearer career path for our team members to build and grow their career at Criteo, and we know we can always do better. We aim to take fair people decisions, and have open feedback conversations as well as manage the performance of our team members in a consistent way, and where transitions occur, we aim to do so with fairness and integrity.

2. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Barcelona

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- amazing, young, dynamic people - everyone is super friendly and helpful - good career development - international opportunities - company feels structures but still has a start-up feeling - amazing offices with a lot of benefits (massage, sport classes, breakfast every day, health insurance, etc.)

Cons

- the career path could probably be improved but I know that they are working on it

March 29, 2019Criteo People Team

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. It’s so great to hear that you have positive things to say about working at Criteo. Thank you for your review and for being a part of the Criteo family!

"Keep quiet and get your salary"

2.0
    Current Employee - Barcelona in Barcelona

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good salary and benefits Easy to get promoted if you know how to play politics or speak French If you don't have to be treated fairly and just get your paycheck, it might be the company for you.

Cons

-management is lacking professionalism in basic skills (although I do not blame them, as they never needed them) - code of conduct does not exist in some teams - team leads are given responsibilities but cannot make any decisions and yet still behave as managers and remind you about hierchy - no career path and no clear goals in most of the teams - senior employees are leaving or are unmotivated to help other team members and care only about their jobs and targets - lack of confidentiality in HR team, they are just gathering information for the managers (none of the meetings are confidential, if you are working in Criteo now, please remember this) - lack of cooperation between teams - employees are treated like children instead of professional advice and support - feedback is not welcomed, specially if given to French employees and ignored in many cases - employees who are the manager's friends are receiving special treatments everyday and nobody is reacting, because it is a closed circle of self-supporting and covering tracks (very visible recently - did you think we don't notice?) - junior profiles are hired because it is cheaper and easier to control, people come to have fun in Barcelona and do not complain, after a while they leave - specific people only are "asked" by the managers to add a positive review of the company (October) Criteo is creating an illusion and a bigger lie every month. All employees are playing along and clapping as we all want to keep our jobs. Things are getting worse with each quarter, targets are unrealistic and there is no support from management. People skills are missed, because what is important is "projects". People are fired as if they did not mean anything. Meanwhile some managers can spend budgets on their friends and their needs or take sick days whenever they want without documentation.

March 4, 2019TA Programmes Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate you sharing your personal experience at Criteo. We know, like any company, that there are areas we need to focus on to continue to improve employee experience. The People and Leadership teams continuously work on different initiatives to ensure that opportunities for internal roles are fair and open to all, and that we have diverse perspectives at all levels within Criteo. We remain focused on building career paths that are compelling for our team members in Barcelona and instilling a culture where team members can be open and express their perspective. If you’d like to discuss your feedback confidentially and in more detail, I will absolutely make time to listen. You can send me an email directly to s.chindalur@criteo.com. Thank you. Regards, Shruthi Chindalur – Regional Managing Director, EMEA MM

4. "Great atmospear"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tokyo

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are so corporative and nice. Well work life balanced. Nice office environment and free food everyday.

Cons

It is hard to find career path from current position. No room to growth. Company is working hard find better solution about this, but those don’t sound practical and adaptable. So manu people leave company 1-3 years.

5. "Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Solutions Engineer in Moscow

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Product, people, culture, salary, buns.

Cons

Not very clear career path.

"Criteo Barcelona"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Barcelona

I worked at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

- very good option to start a career in the web/digital industry and in a very international environment - overall good managers - great office and employees

Cons

- young management team that often has no other experience than Criteo: some freshness in the ideas is sometimes needed - now hiring pretty much only junior people - career path limited in the Barcelona office (team lead positions but quasi non existant opportunities for product/specialist/senior/strategy positions in Barcelona)

7. "Criteo AS"

5.0

I have been working at Criteo full-time

Pros

Dynamic company, good salary, project management

Cons

Weak career path for now, management recruitement

"criteo"

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

proven tech, smart people, great London office, opportunity to work in major international cities, good benefits

Cons

one product business, little career path opportunity for commercial people, senior commercial people have little reputation and cannot unlock deals with the biggest accounts

Continue reading
  9. "how to work for Criteo?"

5.0

I have been working at Criteo full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. colleagues are smart and skillful 2. the working environment is relaxed 3. Criteo's remarketing product is very competitive in the industry

Cons

1. no very clear career path development in Criteo 2. the retention rate is pretty high

10. "Good Culture vs. Good Tech vs. Mediocre Management"

Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Once a year you have the chance to go France to attend annual party no matter which office are you from. Good tech on retargeting which is competitive with FB and Google.

Cons

No systematic training. No clear career path.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 English Reviews