Criteo Account Strategist Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Oct 2, 2019

3.7
Criteo CEO JB Rudelle
JB Rudelle

"Moving too fast -putting product development/Wall Street over its people"

Current Employee - Senior Account Strategist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- smart people - good pay & fairly good benefits

Cons

- culture is OK- used to be much better but they cut funding for social events and perks that build community/satisfaction - management is extremely out of touch - horrible lack of communication about really important changes in our business and compensation plans

Advice to Management

- COMMUNICATE with your employees and be TRANSPARENT - invest in your people. Without them, you are nothing

Criteo2019-10-02

"Not customer centric at all but good benefits company"

Current Employee - Account Strategist in Barcelona

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

- salary/bonus plan is good for Barcelona - office location absolutely amazing (Torre Mapfre right at the beach) - nice extra benefits (office massages, insurance, fruits all day, trainings, 27 days paid annual leave ...) - young dynamic and international teams - intelligent and helpful managers (from what I know at least)

Cons

- very sales pushy (no real care for client satisfaction) - no transparency, sometimes even within the company - bad communication between teams - although leader of the retargeting, some products are pretty doubtful - no flexible work time and no work from home - little emphasis on employees' happiness (pressure can be strong, some employees are depressed)

Criteo2019-09-09

"Excellent company to work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Strategist

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Leadership is strong, supportive and there is a clear vision within the company.

Cons

No major cons; I sincerely enjoy working for Criteo.

Criteo2019-08-07

"Reaching your targets isn't as important"

Former Employee - Account Strategist in Barcelona

I worked at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great employees (excluding management) you can learn from. Dynamic and independent way of working. Salary is OK compared to other companies in Barcelona.

Cons

Most of the management have grown internally very fast and you can feel the lack of knowledge on the industry and also of experiences in other cultures and ways of working. You also achieve more recognitions when you can write down your name in projects. It doesn't really matter the impact of these but you must have your name there to grow. Overachieving targets weights much less compared to internal "visibility"...

Advice to Management

If you really want to change the company you must hire management from other companies. Bring some fresh air and new ideas.

Criteo2019-08-10

"Fantastic company, but the local offices need new, more energic leadership."

Former Employee - Account Strategist in São Paulo, São Paulo

I worked at Criteo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, environment used to be very good, global leadership mostly transparent about the challenges.

Cons

Local leadership went through massive changes that made the company a lot weaker, with people that , while having a great track record, don't seem to have the drive to help the company go back to state of growth. In contrast to the global leadership, the local heads seem to not wanna be as open about the difficulties and challenges, and lack a sense of urgency.

Advice to Management

You need new blood on the local leadership. Keeping people who are resting on a successful past is not gonna change the current scenario. Making the company grow when starting out and managing to make it keep growing when you have a mature market simply require very different skill sets.

Criteo2019-05-11

"Good environment, bad management"

Current Intern - Account Strategist Intern in Barcelona

I have been working at Criteo

Pros

The people who work at Criteo are amazing. Very good work environment, people from all over the world and a lot of talent

Cons

Hard to stay, it is a factory of interns that come and go. Apparently nobody cares much about your growth, much less that you stay in the company.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to talent and make it grow

Criteo2019-04-26
  7. "Interesting internship but they don't motivate you to stay"

Former Employee - Account Strategist Intern in Paris

I worked at Criteo full-time for less than a year

Pros

- job with client facing, responsibilities - passionate colleagues

Cons

- product is too narrow - intern retention is not their priority

Criteo2019-04-21
  8. "Employee Engagement, Excellent Colleagues, Great Products"

Current Employee - Account Strategist in London, England

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Market leading products Excellent place for ambitious individuals Start up mentality in terms of projects & local initiatives Able to provide best service to clients

Cons

Tough market place for AdTech at the moment Performance evaluation needs to be more frequent

Advice to Management

Keep and reward the start-up behaviours.

Criteo2019-02-08
  9. "Criteo - Possibly the best place to work..."

Current Employee - Account Strategist in Barcelona

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for Criteo offers plenty of Pros. I would say the biggest and most important pro would be the Criteo team and Culture. There is a real culture of getting things done. If you have an idea you normally get the freedom to actually try this out, or set this up. The Barcelona office consist of a lot of young, highly motivated people. This brings an incredible energy with it and makes it a lot of fun to go to... work every day. The teams are also quite close, so there are yoga sessions in the summer, beach volleyball evenings and amazing Friday afternoon drinks. The other Pros are related to the work itself. It is often quite challenging and I have learned a lot during the 1 ½ years of working here. Even though the work is challenging, we do get the tools to get the best out of it. We have an amazing training team who supply us with work and non-work related skills.

Cons

As you can read in the Pros section, there is a go-get attitude across all levels of the company. So, this has the consequence that Criteo is unstructured in its processes’. Couple this with a fast paced market and quickly adapting company; it results in a lack of structure (and a bit of a start-up vibe). This could be a challenge if you are used to working in a more traditional market or company.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture no matter what the costs. The people are really what makes Criteo great!

Criteo2019-02-07
  10. "Criteo is a fantastic place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Strategist in Moscow

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Criteo is a fantastic company part of which I am happy to be. I have been working here for almost two years and every day I fall in love more with this place. Criteo does not stand still. The company is constantly improving offering high-tech solutions for its customers, a high level of service. Criteo especially appreciates its employees, supporting team spirit, providing excellent and comfortable working... conditions, development opportunities and trainings and most importantly you can express yourself here. What makes Criteo such a perfect place for me are people, people all over the world who work here. Despite the distance that separates us, the company regularly provides the opportunity to meet and share experiences, and also, once a year, organizes a global event, at which the power and spirit of Criteo is especially felt. Locally each office has its own atmosphere with positive smiling people, cookies, yoga and the feeling that you are in the right place.

Cons

I proudly share with my friends about Criteo without any negative feedback, and I will certainly recommend to be a part of this company.

Criteo2019-01-31