Creative Circle Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Creative Circle Reviews

Updated Mar 11, 2020

3.6
Creative Circle CEO Creative Circle (no image)
Creative Circle
Pros
  • "Ended up with a good full-time position (which is what I was hoping for) pretty quickly(in 22 reviews)

• "Quality screening of potential gigs(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "I was met with rudeness each time I explained to the recruiter or coordinator that I work full time and can't always pick up my phone(in 36 reviews)

• "Usually gigs that you are way overqualified for and ones that your hourly rate is less than competitor agencies(in 21 reviews)

1. "admin assistant"

Administrative Assistant

I worked at Creative Circle for more than 3 years

Pros

friendly staff great place to work

Cons

no cons I love working there

Creative Circle2018-06-01

"A pleasure to deal with"

Anonymous

I have been working at Creative Circle

Pros

The freelance jobs are with cool agencies. The duration of their freelance and contract gigs vary from days to weeks to months, even fulltime. Say no when you aren't interested and they will still consider you for all others. The recruiters are to the point, and great to deal with. They put personality and humour into it, while delivering all the details about a role. I've been working with them for many months.

Cons

They might tack on a larger markup than other agencies, but hey, they call me often with new opportunies that I wouldn't find on my own.

Creative Circle2014-11-20

"Creative Circle, better than being solo"

Current Employee - Freelance Web Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Creative Circle part-time for more than a year

Pros

The freelance positions they locate are with professional agencies. This may lead to better things. They handle marketing, payment and overall communications well. They have found me more work in past year at a higher rate than I was able to myself, which is obviously a good thing.

Cons

Agencies see you as an expensive fix for a problem they are not staffed up for. This is because, as a client said to me, "CC adds a pretty good fee on top of your hourly rate". Be prepared to face pressure on this.

Creative Circle2014-11-13

"Pure slavery and low knowledge of the tech around the interactive industry"

I have been working at Creative Circle

Pros

Lots of contacts and contracts if you are willing to feed these cats.

Cons

Pure rip off. Hire senior developers at junior salary. Not honest about the % they take. No technical knowledge. Unethical.

Creative Circle2014-08-01
  5. "Great Company, Great Culture"

Current Employee - Operations and Recruitment Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone on our team is dedicated and works hard to deliver exceptional service to our clients and candidates. Great compensation, good work/life balance, awesome perks and benefits, fun office environment. Leadership encourages open communication and collaboration where all of us can voice our opinions, discuss areas of improvement, and find ways to grow as individuals and as a team. Employees are constantly being celebrated and showed appreciation. Opportunities to grow within the company. We work hard and play hard!

Cons

No option to work remote in my role.

Creative Circle2020-03-11

Creative Circle Response

March 13, 2020Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate the positive feedback and are proud to have such a great team.

Continue reading
  6. "GREAT Company to work internally for"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good work, life balance - No limit on commission ceiling - VERY strong base - Training was incredible - Great team leadership and organizational communication - Fun, carefree. Work Hard Play Hard!

Cons

- A lot of pressure to grow - Drained at the end of the day

Creative Circle2020-02-24
  7. "-"

Current Employee - Consulting Senior Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good group of peole to work with

Cons

Nothing bad to say about the company

Creative Circle2020-02-04
  8. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Creative Circle part-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy to get work, great experience builder, cool clients

Cons

Percentage of pay goes to agency, agents can be inconsistent with sharing your resume

Creative Circle2020-01-15

"Good place to make money"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked for Creative Circle over 5 years, and if you work hard, you can make a lot of money and build a really large network. I'm really proud of the client relationships I've formed, and you get to work with some of largest and most exciting clients, and we are finding people jobs, so that is rewarding as well.

Cons

There isn't a lot of career development or progression. Most of the higher level jobs are not posted and people are just promoted internally. There are a lot of politics and constant change, so it can create a culture of fear and unrest. Also, being a public company there is a lot of pressure from upper management to hit our numbers.

Creative Circle2020-01-20

Creative Circle Response

January 29, 2020Answers

We appreciate the feedback and are working on improvements in some of the areas you’ve outlined. If you have additional information regarding any unacceptable behavior in your office, please contact HR.

Continue reading

"Highly Recommend CC to Anyone!"

Current Employee - Designer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Creative Circle part-time for less than a year

Pros

The entire Creative Circle team has exceeded my expectations! Julia, Kim, and Emily have contacted me with several opportunities and have been very gracious with their time. They are full of support, resources, and encouragement when it comes to placing you with the right fit. I would highly recommend CC to anyone looking to explore different creative fields and shop around for the perfect fit. It’s allowed me to explore different careers without having to be fully committed. Thank you, CC team!

Cons

It can take a few weeks to get hours from a company once a company has chosen to work with you.

Creative Circle2019-12-10