Creative Circle Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2021

Found 264 of over 747 reviews

3.6
Creative Circle CEO Creative Circle (no image)
Creative Circle
Pros
  • "Quality screening of potential gigs(in 18 reviews)

• "Great pay and work-life balance(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "As good as freelance work can get(in 51 reviews)

• "Anyway, she told me to apply at a lower hourly rate because I wasn't as qualified as other candidates(in 22 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

admin assistant

May 31, 2018 - Administrative Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

friendly staff great place to work

Cons

no cons I love working there

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fine

Oct 5, 2020 - Account Executive in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can make money if you slave away

Cons

Manager is a vulture, cares about themselves not the employees.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee

A pleasure to deal with

Nov 19, 2014 - Anonymous
      Business Outlook

Pros

The freelance jobs are with cool agencies. The duration of their freelance and contract gigs vary from days to weeks to months, even fulltime. Say no when you aren't interested and they will still consider you for all others. The recruiters are to the point, and great to deal with. They put personality and humour into it, while delivering all the details about a role. I've been working with them for many months.

Cons

They might tack on a larger markup than other agencies, but hey, they call me often with new opportunies that I wouldn't find on my own.

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Creative Circle, better than being solo

Nov 13, 2014 - Freelance Web Developer in South San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The freelance positions they locate are with professional agencies. This may lead to better things. They handle marketing, payment and overall communications well. They have found me more work in past year at a higher rate than I was able to myself, which is obviously a good thing.

Cons

Agencies see you as an expensive fix for a problem they are not staffed up for. This is because, as a client said to me, "CC adds a pretty good fee on top of your hourly rate". Be prepared to face pressure on this.

4 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Current Employee

Pure slavery and low knowledge of the tech around the interactive industry

Aug 1, 2014 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of contacts and contracts if you are willing to feed these cats.

Cons

Pure rip off. Hire senior developers at junior salary. Not honest about the % they take. No technical knowledge. Unethical.

15 people found this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Lots of ups and downs!

Jul 11, 2021 - Creative Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great place to start and get feet wet - in depth training, buddy system after training

Cons

- WFH, no laptop/ computer provided even though office workstation is available in physical office, required to remote into personal computer daily - I’ve seen coworkers do over 100% mark-up. Feels cut throat, lots of sloppy things done to hit metrics - maternity leave is bare minimum - long hours (will pay off in $$) but exhausting and will feel drained - little to no diversity

7. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

They take 50% of your billing rate / Poorly Organized

May 28, 2021 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are some nice people who work there but they are not informed or forward-thinking. All interactions are reactive vs. proactive. The onus is on the consultant to drive the process and ask questions. No formal onboarding offered here when it is standard for every other agency.

Cons

Creative Circles take 50% of the billing rate which explains why their rates are so low compared to other agencies. They are not organized on the front end and it is radio silence while you are on a project. As a consultant, I had to drive the process from the beginning, and ask questions throughout the process on how to handle procedures that could have been easily communicated from the get-go. They act like anything you are asking them that it is the first time any candidate has asked them. One hand is not talking to the other. It upsets clients and the consultants.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good People to Work With

Jul 1, 2021 - Graphic Designer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team is very accommodating with individual situations and tries hard to get candidates placed.

Cons

The common problems associated with the gig economy; very limited paid time off, often very limited job security.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Opportunity to make money!

Jun 30, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great commission structure with opportunity to make a lot of money.

Cons

Internal politics run deep, that can often distract people from doing their job

10. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great agency!

Jul 2, 2021 - Public Relations in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Always sending great assignments via email and very responsive.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 264 Reviews