Cosentino North America Employee Reviews about "cosentino"

Updated Oct 8, 2021

Found 16 of over 145 reviews

3.4
Cosentino North America President and CEO Eduardo Cosentino (no image)
Eduardo Cosentino
Pros
  • "Beautiful products, great people, good benefits and pay(in 10 reviews)

• "Cosentino is a good company to work for(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Huge disconnect from NA and Spain(in 9 reviews)

• "In general Cosentino is a very good place to work for(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "cosentino"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0
      Former Employee

High School Management Mentality Beware!

Oct 8, 2021 - Account Manager in Fairfield, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun customers in the stone industry. Beautiful showrooms.

Cons

GMs are usually new to managing people. Normally a lower level shop manager who survived the market crash of 2008 but were resold to Cosentino because of debt owed to them. Riddled with bad management and incompetent family members hired by GMs. All paranoid you are after their jobs or will expose side schemes.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good job

Mar 22, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Roseville, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cosentino is a good company to work for.

Cons

Not many advancement opportunities available

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company to work for!

Oct 28, 2020 - Talent Acqusition Specialist in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, really good growth opportunities. Flexible work-schedule. Family owned company

Cons

In general Cosentino is a very good place to work for.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Stone Systems by Cosentino

Jun 9, 2019 - Installation Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are the only thing good about this company

Cons

No work life balance Too many Chiefs telling you what to do and how to do your job. No one works together and they don't know how to run a business. Managment that you do not report to tells you one thing and then another manager tells you another. This is by far the worst installation company I've have ever worked for. I was hired to recruit installer and was fired citing under performance under 90 days even though I was helping do installs since no installers wanted to work for them due below average pay. I was not hired to do installs but pretty much was required to. I would get home around 10pm because most install were 2-3 hrs from Austin. Then I would have to do my work because I was out in the field all day doing installs, or being an expensive uber driver or doing small repairs because of a lack of installers. Cosentino does all the hiring for Stone Systems and there is always a high number of vacancies HIGH TURNOVER at this company stay away. You spend about 55-60 hrs week working so don't sell yourself short

5 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee

Was Part Of The Management Team

Dec 12, 2018 - Former Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

They treated me well on my way out. There are a few really good people in the management team in both North America and Spain.

Cons

Unfortunately, the Cosentino family have their favorites, and many of these people know how to manipulate that position of favoritism. So there are many people in the company that treat people above them one way, and use the people below them as if they know it has no consequences. This applies to people in all levels that have "close ties" with the family members.

8 people found this review helpful

Company Representative

Thank you for your feedback. This company depends on honest and hardworking people to achieve its goals. In fact, that is part of Cosentino's DNA. We will share your concerns with the Management Team.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Happy Employee of 7 Years!

Jan 30, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities of advancement & reward with Cosentino are endless for employees who show the right attitude ,who are Ambitious , Willing to Learn & Adapt to Change , Goal Driven & who are not afraid of hard work.

Cons

Tough Market , not for the faint hearted!

Company Representative

Thank you for your feedback. Specifically, we appreciate you noting the company's culture. And of course, we are happy to have you with us!

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Better than not having a job.

Dec 27, 2017 - Corporate in Sugar Land, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paid sick and vacation time. When the Spaniards leave for there 1 month vacation in the Summer, you can actually get some work accomplished.

Cons

This a family owned company which promotes a meritocracy. Which means no room for growth unless you are tight with the family or you brown noise your way to a position your not qualified for. HR is in complete shambles. The turnover in the department is very high. DPO's (Bonuses) are not always paid in full and there is always an excuse as to why things are not paid out. The HQ in Spain is always requesting meaningless projects to make themselves look like they are accomplishing something. They also look for puppets on the management level. They want “yes” men. If you are combative or disagree in any way, you are treated unfairly. This will lead Cosentino to a stagnate future. Innovation is born from people with outside the box ideas.

11 people found this review helpful

Company Representative

Thank you for your feedback. Cosentino is an equal opportunity employer who does not favor one nationality over another. In fact, it encourages diversity worldwide. Cosentino values its employees and their roles, no matter what location they are working at, and encourages their growth within the company. Further, innovation is one of Cosentino's values. Employees are encouraged to offer ideas on how to make the company (and its employees) more successful.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to work

Oct 27, 2017 - Marketing in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cosentino cares about its people and offers opportunities to develop full potential and professional growth. In my case, I get to apply my knowledge in marketing and communications and also learn something new every day in a multicultural work space. Good work is recognize and appreciated by managers and directors, that motivates employees to give the best at their jobs. Cosentino DNA invites employees to feel appreciated and valued.

Cons

There's a lot of work, sometimes it can be overwhelming, but once you learn how to handle it, everything is worth it.

Company Representative

We are happy to have you part of the Cosentino family!

9. 3.0
      Current Employee

Architect & Design Sales Manager

May 2, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cosentino provides various tools to market products, benefits are average with health, vision, and dental included. Matching 401K (with a max match) with 3 year vesting. Co-workers are supportive, SalesForce is a great tool to organize and plan work flow and manage projects. Provides Company Car.

Cons

Management micro-manages, Objectives change frequently, Corporate Objectives do not match Sales Objectives High Task Orientation rather than Objectivity Not enough product training

4 people found this review helpful

Company Representative

Cosentino strives to ensure our employees are well supported and have the appropriate benefits, education and tools necessary for success. Thank you for your candid feedback.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Happy to be HOME!

Apr 17, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I spent 10 years' with my previous employer and it took me nearly 6 months to find a company worth making that commitment to again. I am so grateful to have found Cosentino! Leadership is flexible, supportive and innovative - they walk the walk! I am wildly impressed with the adaptability, from the top down, with a company of this size. They support a work/home life balance. I highly recommend you watch the DNA video found on YouTube - Culture is not something plastered on the walls here, it is embodied by all!

Cons

I am absolutely thrilled to be with Cosentino - with the open door policy, it is hard to think of a downside... If things are not working management is open to a conversation around doing things different.

Company Representative

Thank you for being a part of the Cosentino Family!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews