Cover image for Cornerstone Physiotherapy

Healthcare

15h

a

Utilization Review Specialist

I don’t know what to make of this. I’ve been out of work and interviewing for 3.5 weeks now. I feel like they go really well, then I get, we will call you and let you know we have a couple other candidates. Then poof nothing. SMH…I am very skilled and would be a great benefit for someone. Has anyone else run into this problem? Please any advice would help. Thanks so much.

5 Comments

Healthcare

80.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Cornerstone Physiotherapy~1450611
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Receptionist

Nov. 8, 2022 - Front Desk Receptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing management, good communication. Great training, clinic ran very smoothly. Cohesive team. Friendly team. Job tasks/expectation were mainly clear. Loved going into work

Cons

Sometimes job expectations were not always clear

2. 5.0

A Very Strong & Capable Team

Oct. 19, 2022 - Physiotherapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cornerstone Physiotherapy, any of their locations, is a very strong and capable team. This is not only because of the two level-headed and experienced founders, Adam & Joon, but because of the supportive network of caring and aspiring Physiotherapists they've been able to procure and cultivate. Everyone at Cornerstone is so talented and insightful, yet so energetic, friendly, and fun. It's special to be part of a team who can wear all hats. Pros: - Very strong, thought out, and structured mentorship program with additional support to those interested in case-load management, vestibular therapy, dry-needling, and the McKenzie Method - Weekly, optional, rounds that focus on special clinical case studies that, sincerely, help to cultivate greater clinical reasoning and decision making skills. High engagement from the team = great learning opportunities. - Clinic uses Jane & Physiotec for book keeping and scheduling. 60/30 assessment/ treatment times in private rooms. - Strategic clinic locations attracts a large volume of quality clientele - Strong & thoughtful leadership team are undoubtably supportive. - Strong referral network. You never feel alone or stuck with a complex cases - Probably one of the best Vestibular Therapy Mentorship programs in Ontario or Canada.

Cons

- Clinic gym space is small; however, this varies widely between locations. Has most things you could probably need outside of an adjustable bench. - Treatment room temperatures vary widely during transition seasons due to building central HVAC/heating. (Management addresses this with fans & heaters as able). - 7am start times aren't for everybody (This is probably negotiable or you can choose to just not book clients in these slots as you're given flexibility to book your own patients).

3. Join the Cornerstone Physiotherapy team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A supportive, positive place to work!

Oct. 17, 2022 - Front Desk Receptionist in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Positive atmosphere - Friendly staff who feel like family - Growing company with new job opportunities arising - Potential to grow within the company with some new positions and responsibilities available - Discount on services - Insurance benefits depending on full-time status

Cons

- Currently no HR to turn to if there are internal issues - Periodic reception and administrative staff shortages result in over-time work (may be a positive for those who want more hours!)

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work.

Jun. 7, 2022 - Administrative Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

A company that really cares about its employees.

Cons

There are none I have come across.

6. 5.0

Lovely Place to Work, Understanding + Communicative Management

Apr. 9, 2021 - Administration in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Training process was thorough, management was always on call if you needed help - Empathetic management who listened and were understanding if you needed to change your schedule, request time off, or were in a stressful situation - An amazing team of individuals to work with who are friendly and approachable - Company team gatherings (pre-pandemic), holiday gifts and birthday lunches - Great communication between management and team members - Accessible downtown location - Improve customer service skills, you're trained to deal with a variety of situations and to be understanding and empathetic on the phone with customers.

Cons

- Remote work unavailable - Salary could be more competitive for administrative staff - Because it is a smaller company (under 50 people), benefits are not available

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great mentorship, amazing team and quality client care!

Sep. 18, 2020 - Registered Physiotherapist in North York, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked as a pelvic floor and orthopedic physiotherapist at North York Cornerstone for 2 years. I really enjoyed working here! Everyone is super friendly and welcoming, and you immediately feel part of the team. They also have great mentorship, and it is a great place to be if you are looking to further your skills as both an orthopedic or pelvic physiotherapist. Courtney Steele, the manager at North York Cornerstone is super knowledgeable, as well as the rest of your colleagues! She runs biweekly mentorship sessions with the whole team, where you can discuss cases and review techniques. She also runs monthly mentorship sessions for all the pelvic floor physiotherapists at all the Cornerstone clinics. I found these to be extremely helpful as you are able to bounce treatment ideas and get feedback for more challenging pelvic cases. I also really liked the focus on quality patient care at Cornerstone; you spend 1-on-1 time with all your clients at each follow-up in your own private office with plenty of natural light and a hi-low bed. Lastly, Cornerstone throws an epic Christmas party each year, with good food and gifts, which make you feel very appreciated as an employee.

Cons

Really no cons, great place to be if you want to further advance your skills as a physiotherapist!

8. 3.0

Good Place to Work

Sep. 30, 2020 - Administrative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great management and owners. The coworkers I had were amazing and made going to work every day fun.

Cons

A lot of workload for pretty low pay.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Motivated team, client centred care and amazing people to work with

Jun. 8, 2020 - Physiotherapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Cornerstone for nearly two years and found it was the job that developed my skills as a physiotherapist the most. I had the opportunity to work in a cohesive team filled with highly motivated therapists and with clinic directors who truly want the most for their patients. They offer mentorship which can be rare in our field and coworkers were always supportive. I valued my time here and highly recommend this clinic.

Cons

I found all my experiences here to be positive. You have to be ready to go all in, learn and be a part of the team to work here.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent camaraderie in an innovative and leading physiotherapy clinic!

Aug. 10, 2019 - Front Desk Receptionist in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cornerstone Physiotherapy is a fantastic place to work! The physiotherapists and administrative staff come together to create a very talented, enthusiastic and friendly team providing excellent physiotherapy services. The clinic directors and management put in extra time and effort to ensure that their employees are well equipped with skills they need to be successful. The clinic directors have worked hard to develop such a great team of like-minded individuals, creating a fun workplace culture and a close-knit family feeling. In all honesty, the respect and caring between all the employees and patients is what sets Cornerstone apart from others in the industry.

Cons

If you aren't used to working in a high volume clinic, it can be stressful at times when managing multiple tasks on your own.

11. 5.0
    Former Employee

An incredible place to work!

Mar. 12, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cornerstone is an amazing place to work! They have a very talented team that is motivated and enthusiastic about providing amazing physiotherapy services. The directors and management are very engaged with their team and are passionate about creating a great culture and a leading clinic within the industry.

Cons

Often a very busy clinic.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews