CoreLogic Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

CoreLogic Reviews

Updated Oct 10, 2019

Found 767 reviews

3.1
CoreLogic CEO Frank D. Martell  (no image)
Frank D. Martell
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management seems to be out of touch with the workers especially when it come to salary(in 49 reviews)

• "Selective opportunity to work from home; hypocritical view(in 19 reviews)

1. "Great company"

I have been working at CoreLogic full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great people - Awesome culture - Interesting projects

Cons

- Currently in transition to CoreLogic - May experience org restructure

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of why the company was created in the first place: to build great products with a great team

CoreLogic2019-04-14

"Lots of Logic. No Core. Just Be Realistic About Working Here."

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Irvine, CA

I worked at CoreLogic full-time for more than a year

Pros

I know there's pockets of discontent and bliss at every company, especially in one that's international and 6k+ people. That was my thought going in after looking at the reviews on Glassdoor. So I took a chance and my immediate coworkers were great, but guarded. Also, the trade-off in a large company is you exchange A LOT of bureaucracy for the resources available: we onboarded a lot of neat software (not cheap) to... make our lives easier and reduce "friction" in information flow, and improve analytics. So there's a current in the right direction. Also the company is doing some awesome stuff in Data Science, and Visualization. There's discretionary PTO + bonuses (if you negotiate for them upfront). There was always some kind of workshop too. A smaller company might not have all that. A big company also has a lot of talent, sometimes hiding under the radar to avoid politics. So good networking opportunities. There's a good program for vets to transition their leadership skills into the corp. life. Strong work/life balance and opportunities for charity work with coworkers and with voluntary PTO days. I know these reviews can make the whole company look a certain way, so take all this as one data point in the set.

Cons

Like the title says, there's a reason there's an exodus. I had 6 bosses in the course of 12 months. The people that were pulled into our area to "back-fill", left within 6 weeks ... every time, for 12 months straight. Sounds like WWI behavior, if you know your history. This is the 5th company I've been at in 16 years; I've never seen that kind of exodus. That being said. there are a lot of excellent people, with... stellar work ethics and top-tier technical acumen, many where I worked with and was able to learn from. But the inability to coordinate across teams plagued every project. To be fair: I was only in one area but it connected across a lot of places. The products are really good and there's some cool tech being built, but the bureaucracy and guarded politics is suffocating. My guess is that some of the "politics" is just survival in corp. America. Just know that going in, like any large company. Also be advised, it's an open office with all the "collaboration" and noise. So: while all this may be a "con", it's a great opportunity some some clever leader to right a book about someday for "cultivating healthy culture". It's just going to be a while.

Advice to Management

(1) The name "Bluetooth" in technology, honors someone who united disconnected, tribal factions into one country. No one's expecting world-leader status, but until that get's reformed here the company will suffer the consequences of that kind of culture. (2) You don't have to be like the founder, that's fine. Be you. But for crying out loud show your face and show some interest in the problem of the exodus. The... Rally Call was good (for those inside), but you seem too far removed from the realities on the ground. The execs aren't going to give you bad news since no one wants to be the messenger. Maybe you do know, but no one knows that. For example, one of the branches closed (185-ish ppl). Fine those things happen; but not a peep about it at the Townhall a couple days after. Major disconnect.

CoreLogic2019-10-08
  3. "Apple Of Realestate Technology"

Current Employee - Senior Leader/Director in Irving, TX

I have been working at CoreLogic full-time for more than a year

Pros

> State of the art technology - Always ahead of the curve in embracing new tech. > Great offices/ office locations > Flexible work schedule > Unlimited PTO > Better compensation package

Cons

> Like any Real estate related firm - sensitive to market changes > Overwhelming work -- it's better to be busy though

CoreLogic2019-10-10
  4. "Stable"

Current Employee - Tax Specialist in Irving, TX

I have been working at CoreLogic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Stable job, Very family orientated and, good benefits

Cons

Pay is a big con if your looking for a job that appreciates their employee's don't come here

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employee's better, day and night shift and definitely give better raises and please have help available on all shifts. There is never a supervisor available when one is needed and your team leads definitely need training on how to talk to and help their team all around

CoreLogic2019-10-08
  5. "Great Culture and People, Room to Grow"

Current Employee - Principal Product Management in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CoreLogic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company cares about people and provides a flexible environment. Great campus in Dallas. Diverse people.

Cons

Working through technical debt. Leadership recognizes challenges and competitor pressure - needs to move faster.

Advice to Management

Move fast, invest in technology and allow leaders with right skills to innovate.

CoreLogic2019-09-09
  6. "Great company depending on management and location"

Former Employee - Professional, Quality Management in Rochester, NY

I worked at CoreLogic full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Always fun activities going on each month

Cons

Management depends on location and team Minimal advancement opportunities

Advice to Management

Stop the office politics. Management shouldn't have the choice to stop someone from moving to a new position if they are a perfect fit just because you don't have someone to replace them. Sorry, you aren't the president.

CoreLogic2019-09-21
  7. "fantastic place to be now"

Current Employee - Scrum Master

I have been working at CoreLogic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Best team mates and leads ever

Cons

none can be said right now

Advice to Management

Keep up the job

CoreLogic2019-09-06
  8. "Stay Clear, do NOT work for this company - Brink of massive failure"

Current Employee - Senior Professional in Irving, TX

I have been working at CoreLogic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of PTO - you will need it because you wont want to come to work. Some of the people are good - not their fault leaders cant get it together You don't have to work that hard - come in late, leave a little early, wander around alot, surf internet, pretty easy.

Cons

Leadership turning a blind eye to reality. In total denial that the company is performing well - Frank (CEO) and key execs are working day and night to manage to a profit number and growth number - cutting employees, programs, innovation, investments, etc to get there. It cannot sustain itself - people are leaving in mass, anyone who is smart and talented are getting picked up quickly. Leadership doesnt really... care either - they just say things like "every company goes through this type of change" - TOTAL DENIAL. No Leadership, no direction, zero innovation, no care for the customer (customers hate us right now), no investement in employees, no career roadmaps, HR is a total mess, Execs fired left and right - especially if you challenge the status quo. Big cuts this month to make numbers, no clear direction as to where we are going. I'm just waiting on the offer to get out of here!!

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, they are telling you with their words and actions. Turning a blind eye isnt helping. Quit trying to only focus on the number - numbers will come if employees are happy!! Its a culture of complacency and you need to fix it....quit waiting around to make decisions.

CoreLogic2019-10-10
  9. "Pros and cons"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at CoreLogic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people, some good management...

Cons

Communication is lacking with cross functional teams, no more remote work...

CoreLogic2019-09-04
  10. "CAT modeller"

I worked at CoreLogic full-time

Pros

International work environment, challenging projects

Cons

No personal growth or training

CoreLogic2019-09-18