Convergys Customer Service Representative II Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Mar 28, 2018

Found 168 reviews

Convergys CEO Andrea Ayers
Andrea Ayers

"Convergys is a Flexible Employer"

Current Employee - Customer Services Representative II in London, ON

I have been working at Convergys full-time for less than a year

Pros

Comfortable seating at a clean and personalized desk space Dress in business casual apparel or just jeans and a tshirt Learn to specialize in communication Learn about IP telecommunication networking People networking Employee Appreciation monthly events Benefits and flexible hours

Cons

Overly tight quotas and metrics Repetitive telephone assembly line stigma Verbal abuse against agents by callers Racism against agents by callers

Convergys2016-09-27

"Easy Money"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II

I have been working at Convergys for less than a year

Pros

good pay, easy job, plenty of incentives

Cons

late hours, points add up quick

Convergys2018-03-29
  3. "Good Company; Terrible Leaders"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Columbus, GA

I worked at Convergys full-time for less than a year

Pros

Was hired very quickly. Took a motor exam, then interview. Offered job on the spot, and after a background check and drug screen, I started the Monday following my initial interview. Had a seven week training, hit the show floor, then promoted and took then started another five week training and back to the show floor. Loved the job! Offered great benefits, perks at work provided various discounts on a multitude of items,...

Cons

Cons include having a block to start; meaning you can start between certain hours; mine were 10 - 12. I could have a week where I start 1000, 1130, 1030, 1200, and 1115. Have to pay attention to your schedule. Attendance policy is strict, being even one minute counts against you. Team leaders for the most part were inexperienced. I had to take emergency leave; wasn't informed of the whole process, nor was I told about...

Advice to Management

Become more lenient on a minute or two of being late. Properly train TL's on taking leave of absences and put in stricter policies on favoritism.

Convergys2018-03-11
  4. "Convergys has flexible hours and helps with time off. I love accruing pto and uto. Long as you do your job it's good."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Logan, UT

I have been working at Convergys

Pros

Consistent pay and hours great flexibility and goals to meet daily. Breaks and lunches are spaced nicely make work fast

Cons

Must offer on calls and sitting for long time periods . Breaks are 15 minutes every couple hours

Advice to Management

Has improved raise and bonus requirements to be more attainable

Convergys2017-07-15

"One of the most miserable companies you can work for"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Thāne

I have been working at Convergys full-time

Pros

Company has lot of choices in terms of different processes you can apply for.

Cons

No scope of growth in terms of salary or on knowledge-base. Management is always looking for ways to deduct employee's income but adding different riders to limit their chances for meeting targets. monthly targets are revised every month on month so agents cannot meet targets and earn more money. Management is lax. agents who do malpractices get away with it even after being reported to Higher management.

Advice to Management

WAKE UP and LOOK AROUND as to what's happening in your company before it gets out of hands.

Convergys2017-06-11

"Customer Service Representative II"

Current Employee - Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II in Ogden, UT

I have been working at Convergys full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have enjoyed working at Convergys. The overall company has many good people working for them. I have enjoyed working there due to Management Style and Team Members. Overall they were fair and honest. They have great benefits for you and your family.

Cons

Convergys provided 60 day notice to advised they were shutting down their brick and mortar centers in 3 locations in Utah. I believe they could have done more to keep projects moving forward in these locations. Keeping competition healthy in the community. Instead they gave up in the 3 locations. Sad as many good people were forced to move to other companies when they enjoyed working for Convergys.

Advice to Management

Keeping competitve in the market. Asking the employees (aka as Inside Customer Service) of what Convergys could have done different to keep qualified good employees still working inside their own communities. Stop focusing with moving outside the United States and opening Call Center there and paying lower wages.

Convergys2017-04-17
  7. "Not terrible, not great."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Lauderhill, FL

I have been working at Convergys full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very relaxed, pay is average, decent schedule, paid training and co workers are generally friendly. They have a point system for tardies/absences.

Cons

Pay could be better, computers and software constantly crashing or showing you were late/absent when you weren't and managers take months to get to it fixed.

Advice to Management

Upgrade equipment

Convergys2017-02-15
  8. "Good if you can't get anything else."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Convergys part-time

Pros

No forced layoffs. No mandatory overtime. Monthly bonus based on attendance, customer feedback and low average call time. Shift stays the same until the next shift bid. You will get your first choice if you perform well. As long as you show up they will work with you, you won't get fired.

Cons

Not enough training for either customer service agent or team leaders. Makes it very difficult at first. Low pay. Most customers are nice but there are angry customers every day. System breakdowns. Working holidays. Shift bids mean shift hours change somewhat several times a year based on company needs. They might not offer the shift you have at the next shift bid.

Advice to Management

Provide more training for agents and team leaders. Provide a lot more oversight for team leaders. Quality ratings need to be more consistent. Some team leaders grade harshly, others grade easy, and others grade like they have never been on the phones. Quality is not catching all this.

Convergys2016-12-02

"IRU Lead"

Former Employee - Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Convergys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good stats gets you the schedule you want. Possibility of overtime.

Cons

Shift bids, micro-managing, If you don't like your manager you probably won't stay.

Advice to Management

Leads are the most important to retaining agents

Convergys2016-09-12
  10. "Be a salesperson"

Former Employee - Customer Services Representative II in Longview, TX

I worked at Convergys full-time for less than a year

Pros

The hourly wage is good for this area. The training is very informative and helpful. Lots of time to listen to live calls

Cons

Sales quotas on technical support calls is hard when customers are only wanting help. When going over call measurements and coaching, my supervisor only cared about the sales pitching.

Advice to Management

None, they think doing what the client wants is the only right way to do things.

Convergys2016-09-21