Contiki Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Contiki Reviews

Updated Sep 18, 2019

Contiki CEO Adam Cooper (no image)
Adam Cooper
Pros
  • "Friendships with coworkers, one free lunch and after work drinks per month(in 6 reviews)

• "Amazing company culture, incredible work-life balance, super fun place to work(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Cliques within management team, low pay, lack of career development, micromanaging style of leadership(in 7 reviews)

• "Away from home a lot during peak season (but off-set with home a lot of low season so I had no real issues with it)(in 4 reviews)

"Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Contiki full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working for Contiki for almost 5 years I can say that it has been an adventure. Surrounded by inspiring & fun colleagues ensures that every day I wake up wanting to head into work. With the ever-changing scene of travel I love that Contiki remains on the leading curve and is willing to change it up to stay relevant. Of course the opportunities I have had to enjoy the awesome trips all over the world have been a... pretty great perk!

Cons

If you are in a sales role you will travel more than other roles which fits some lifestyles well!

Contiki2015-08-19
  2. "Reservations specialist"

I have been working at Contiki full-time

Pros

Fun work environment, commission, great discount

Cons

Terrible salary and no raises offered ever

Contiki2019-04-24
  3. "Only good on the surface"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Contiki full-time

Pros

-Fun team activities & parties (incredible Christmas party every year) -Great discounts but (obviously) only applicable on Travcorp products -Good benefits package -They try to hire from within as much as possible, even if the inside hire doesn't posess all the necessary qualifications.

Cons

-Poor incentive structure -Tone-deaf executives -Very low pay. Raises are rare. A lot of people struggle financially at the company and work overtime to try to make a few extra dollars -High turnover -Not many opportunities for promotions - mostly just lateral movements to support departments in The Travel Corporation

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees suggestions. A lot of your employees are extremely unhappy and you neither seem to notice nor care.

Contiki2019-03-12

"Sales"

I have been working at Contiki part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Travel the world for work on conferences, FAMS and trainings Discounted trips for personal holidays Fun, young company Great co-workers Create your own schedule as long as it benefits the company as well Training and coaching provided to ensure you build your potential

Cons

As a travel company, you may be required to be away from home a lot. Not a problem for most but if you have a family, it may not be the right role for you. Plenty of nights and weekends spent working but it can be at parties, campuses , and fun networking events Most of the opportunities to advance require re-locating

Advice to Management

The last year has been one of growth for management. They have started to listen to their teams feedback rather than dictate and it has been a very positive change. I hope to see more of that as the company grows.

Contiki2015-08-19
  5. "Fun but only if you are a favourite"

Former Employee - Reservations Agent in Bondi

I worked at Contiki full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun place to work Good people your team leaders generally care alot about you Friday drinks

Cons

Kind of a high school vibe if you aren't a favorite you don't really matter Super low pay The rotating roster is inconvenient

Advice to Management

Treat everyone equally , Listen to your staff about things going on

Contiki2019-09-18
  6. "Direct Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Direct Sales in Sydney

I have been working at Contiki full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun place to work. Perks such as free lunches, drinks and parties. Team nights and meetings help to bond with your team

Cons

Definitely didnt feel welcome when I started in my role. Favouritism shown from management to certain people, seems hard to get in with the "in crowd" to get career progression, not much useful training or coaching provided. It seems that management don't have much of an imagination when it comes to helping you get better at your job and progress your career.

Advice to Management

Welcome new people so they actually want to work there. Stop showing so much favouritism to certain people and treat people equally. Opportunities need to be shared around and not always given to the same people. Get more creative in coaching and training so people actually learn and it isn't a waste of time. Listen to staff when they want to progress their career and support them - all of them, not just your... favourites.

Contiki2019-05-13
  7. "Great company, average pay"

I have been working at Contiki full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of team events free lunch each month fun environment

Cons

Minimal opportunity for growth Below average pay Not in central London

Advice to Management

Higher pay = higher effort

Contiki2019-03-05
  8. "Good fun, low pay"

I have been working at Contiki full-time

Pros

Great people Fun environment Good if you love travel

Cons

Very low pay, especially for London

Contiki2019-02-20
  9. "On site team member"

Former Employee - On Site Team Member

I worked at Contiki full-time

Pros

Free food Free accommodation Fun team work role All round work on the site Good experience

Cons

Pressure to party every night despite health Overworked Not a very experienced on site manager due to it being a very young crew

Contiki2019-02-07

"Worst Management"

I have been working at Contiki full-time

Pros

Free Drinks Free Lunch sometimes

Cons

Random distribution of work, biased towards favorites within office. Hell lot of politics, non professional working environment

Contiki2019-03-13