Conductor Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2020

4.4
Conductor Co-Founder & CEO Seth Besmertnik
Seth Besmertnik
Pros
  • "Conductor has an amazing culture that puts it's people first(in 12 reviews)

• "Great people, communication with team is easy(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "As with most acquired companies there are growing pains associated with a parent company and the changes that come with growth(in 7 reviews)

• "With the WeWork acquisition there are some teething issues with initial onboarding (email logins etc)(in 7 reviews)

1. "Best in class technology, but more importantly a best in class organization."

Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Conductor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Conductor has an incredible culture. People love working here - you rarely see tech companies this size with so many employees that have been there 6,7,8,9 even 10+ years. The product is far and away the best solution in the market, has the best third party recognition in the space, and Conductor's never-ending focus on innovation makes it very difficult for competitors to keep up. The work is stimulating, there's no shortage of brilliant people to learn from, and leadership truly puts it's employees and customers first, always. Leadership has done a great job creating a fun atmosphere that embodies the work hard, play hard mentality. Company values are clearly communicated, and its great to work somewhere where they put such an emphasis on transparency. CEO Seth would give the shirt off his back to any employee, always leads by example, and truly cares about every person who works here. Truly a people-first leader, and inspiring to work for. Overall, a great organization to be a part of.

Cons

We have the best solution in the industry, but we do an okay, not great job getting enough people to know it. Would be nice to see more emphasis on marketing and lead generation, to bring those functions up to par with product and services. Like most companies, unproven folks who come in from the outside often make more more than proven performers. This can sometimes lead to questionable disparities in pay for similar roles.

Continue reading
  2. "Great Company, Great People"

Former Employee - Market Development Representative

I worked at Conductor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company culture is great, the people are very friendly and helpful. If you work hard you'll be rewarded, very quickly especially compared to larger, bureaucratic companies.

Cons

I guess commuting to the city? Other than that nothing.

"Market Leading Product, People First & Growth Opportunity"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Conductor full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

* Huge market opportunity- Anyone with a website needs it be found. * Amazing growth paths- I've seen people start in entry level positions that have grown to managing teams, become top individual contributors and more. I have personally progressed my career 4 roles during my time here. * Market leading product- Competitively dominant product that is genuinely helping people achieve their goals. The platform has pulled away (in the lead) from any competitive products at this point, and the forth coming releases will literally change this industry. The future is bright. * Fantastic team- A very smart and driven bunch that does not take status quo as acceptable. Some of the things I have seen the team accomplish this year (in the product and with our customers) I never thought would be possible. * Customer first culture- Everyone in the company receives 100% transparency into customer satisfaction (we see all NPS scores) for a true "all hands on deck" culture to help our customers succeed. *Culture (in general)- Just a great group to be with everyday. *Services- The support & services team have taken on monumental tasks and generated some of the best results that I have seen in my digital marketing career as a whole in terms of impact. *Sales- A world class account development org with a true, value driven sales approach focused on bringing on the right customers/ partners and truly helping them succeed.

Cons

*Need more hours in the day to grab the market opportunity in front of us :)

4. COVID-19

"Good intentions, poor execution"

Former Employee - Customer Success in New York, NY

I worked at Conductor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People - no doubt that the culture of the business is its strengths. Customer support is a big win but comes at a cost. Customer can push for free services.

Cons

lack of customer success organization and leadership. Can't be a customer-first organization when there is no leadership that is customer focused. continued amount of top talent that is leaving the company. it is rumored that the company was able to secure some covid-relief $'s but there was really not impact to the business. seems like another case of a company take $s to help out their balance sheet when there are small businesses that needed that money. the base of the platform is linked to a relationship with SEM Rush which will expire in a few years. The data and insights within Searchlight will be limited if that partnership is dissolved. Conductor is far from a true SaaS company or platform. The lack of product/platform features is made up with agency type services.

Continue reading

"Great Place to Learn & Grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Conductor full-time

Pros

The best people I've ever worked with and best product in the industry by far. Challenging and fun, exciting and collaborative even when we are all working remote now. Always putting employees and customers first. Completely founder led company after our WeWork exit. Extremely excited for the future and feels like the rocket ship is just about to take off.

Cons

None I can think of

6. COVID-19

"Lots of growth, changes, and challenges - but strong outlook ahead"

Current Employee - People Team in New York, NY

I have been working at Conductor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Conductor has gone through a lot of changes over the last 18 months. With the spinout from WeWork we were able to bring back a lot of our operations and processes back in-house. Excited to see that now Conductor is owned by its employees. Seamless transition into remote work during the COVID-19 pandemic. Had to switch gears really quickly in terms of priorities, budgets, etc. and the leadership team & individual contributors were able to get everyone acclimated to it very quickly.

Cons

Still some communication barriers - but working on this as a priority across the org. Lots of new leaders on the team but due to the many changes we have experienced as an org.

"Awesome growth/learning opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Conductor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunity to experience different challenges + overcome obstacles at any level. Lots of career advancement opportunities

Cons

Lean working environment; not having enough bandwidth to complete everything

Continue reading

"Amazing place to work at!"

5.0

I worked at Conductor full-time for more than a year

Pros

The environment at Conductor is incredible. You come to work happy everyday. The culture is what I value the most and here it is extremely uplifting everyday. The company as a whole tries its best to be transparent to their employees. The people around you are all nice, fun and sweet. Everyone is a joy to work with everyday.

Cons

I dont have any cons!

"People-first fallacy, inexperienced management"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Conductor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun young company, happy hours are considered a benefit. Unlimited PTO, but good luck being able to take more than a single day. The people are great and try to take care of each-other throughout the company’s turbulence.

Cons

Conductor is a shell of its prior “Customer first, People first” company. I’ve been at the company for over two years and have watched the company and management’s decisions get worse Year over year. Since the spinoff from WeWork they’ve taken advantage of their younger staff and work them like dogs without proper compensation. This is all because a number of folks quit, there were lay offs and they refuse to backfill. There’s a difference between working harder through tough times and completely taking advantage of your people.Management doesn’t want to acknowledge the feedback about lack of bandwidth because that means they’ll have to spend money they don’t have. Sales has way too much influence on the business. The CEO is personally a great guy but needs to hire a proper C-suite to make the business decisions before the company is driven into the ground. The company itself is having an identity crisis of whether its a technology platform or an agency which is at the crux of their problems.

Continue reading

"Poorly Handled Layoffs and Fake People First Culture"

2.0

I worked at Conductor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Seth the CEO is good at hear. Unfortunately does not have a good team around him to guide in decisions and was caught up in the WeWork mess. - If you hustle, there is a lot of opportunities to grow your skills and learn new areas of business - Investment in sales enablement and training

Cons

- Due to WeWork mess, they needed to right size the company which makes a lot of sense and needed. They over hired because WeWork demanded Conductor to grow. However, there were rumors for almost 2 months that no one knew if there were layoffs and it caused a lot of toxic behavior in the office. There was no acknowledgment from HR nor the leaders of how bad the rumors were and effort to have empathy for employees. There was also a big showcase in favoritism. A select few were given almost a 2 months heads up and then completely underperformed or not even show up to work while receiving their salary. They had additional time compared to those that were totally blind sided the day of the layoffs and then they still received severance. if you do something for one, you need to do for all out of being fair. In addition, HR was fully aware of this favoritism and did not act at all. They laid us off before the holidays with only 2 months given that a month was thrown away because no one would be hiring over christmas and first half of January. To make things worse, everyone in the office saw the group that "got the email" walk to a conference room where they fired us. Then they made us walk all the way back to our desk in front of the whole company to pack up. This was a very horrible and humiliating experience having the whole company watch me literally get fired. It was handled so poorly and with a lot of lack of respect. - The is tremendous amount of favoritism and gossip - Leadership needs better consultants and team members to make better strategy decision. They are very disorganized at the moment - Because of them giving hand outs to who they like most, there are people in very senior roles with no business being there.

Found 154 reviews