Found 25 of over 104 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "good people to work with" (in 14 reviews)
- "Flexible, Minimal difficulty, friendly coworkers" (in 4 reviews)
- "Staff if friendly and I like my fellow coaches" (in 4 reviews)
- "Its a family friendly work environment and a beautiful location." (in 4 reviews)
- "Benefits are better than most companies." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Concordia University Wisconsin and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "people"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0Feb 28, 2018Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 5 years
Truly mission-minded and conservative. Beautiful campus. All indoors.
Seems male-dominated and rigid in their beliefs. Rarely see women or people of color at the top.1
- 3.0Aug 10, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Good environment to work with nice people. Beautiful location right on Lake Michigan. Wonderful students all very friendly.
Very low pay with someone with a college degree. Pay raises are ridiculous. If you're looking for a high paying career this is not the place.1
- 2.0Apr 6, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Most of the people are very kind. Everyone seems to work hard. Tuition reimbursement for family
The pay is very low. I hold a master's degree, was offered paltry salary. Little appreciation for achievement or innovative thinking. Potential discriminatory hiring practices. If you are not a Lutheran male, and go to the proper church, kiss your advancement opportunities good bye.1
- 2.0Apr 9, 2021Resident AssistantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearMequon, WI
I met so many great people through this job and was able to connect with communities within our school.
Underpaid, under appreciated, overworked, poor management
- 5.0Jul 6, 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Concordia is a special place. People care here. Of course we care about the students, but coworkers also care for each other and the school community. It is a wonderful place to work.
Pay is below normal but benefits are way above standard so it equals out.
- 4.0Oct 3, 2014Anonymous ContractorCurrent Contractor, more than 5 yearsMilwaukee, WI
The company hosts chapel every morning for staff, faculty and students. Very faith based. They also have bible study weekly with a free lunch. Exercise programs and many opportunities to volunteer in the community. The quality of the people is great. Flat organizational structure so it is easy to send ideas up the ladder for guidance.
Everyone has three jobs so plan to work hard.
- 3.0Jun 28, 2018Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 5 years
I met some of the sweetest people while working for Concordia, and, many of them became great friends that I continued my friendships with after I left the university. You won't find that many nice people in the same workplace anywhere else.
If you're not a VP or Senior VP...good luck. Many members in upper level management are making six figures while those that are doing the grit and grime of the day-to-day are struggling financially. But, don't ask for more money when you're first hired, or even down the line if you're not upper level management, because HR will tell you there isn't any room to move you up the pay scale. I also agree with others when they say upper management is a boy's club. There is a strong lack of females and people of color and other ethnic backgrounds making larger decisions. The men at the top seem to be very well protected and compensated...even if they aren't doing the work to deserve the salaries they have. Favoritism is strong. Get on your bosses good side and stay there. Keep your head down, and you'll do just fine.3