The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about Concordia University Chicago? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Concordia University Chicago employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Low Pay" (in 10 reviews)
- "You can write me off as a disgruntled former employee and severely disenchanted alumnus of the university or find out for yourself; however, I strongly suggest you heed my warning about this sorry excuse for an IT department with unbelievably poor and absentee management." (in 7 reviews)
- "Those that are good employees are overworked and never able to make a real impact due to poor leadership and excessive red tape." (in 4 reviews)
- "Salaries are a little low" (in 4 reviews)
- "If you are not a fan of nepotism, this is not the pace for you." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Concordia University Chicago and is not affected by filters.
- Ethnic Group
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 81 of over 90 reviews
Updated Jun 27, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 1.0Jun 27, 2023Associate ProfessorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsRiver Forest, IL
The benefits are comparatively fine.
The university experience was deeply disappointing due to various significant issues. Firstly, the managers within the university displayed a concerning lack of qualifications, which had a direct impact on the quality of education and support provided to students. Moreover, the presence of corruption within the university was evident, as individuals could secure high-level positions without undergoing a fair and transparent interview process simply by leveraging personal connections with the Provost or President. The salary offered to faculty and staff was alarmingly low, failing to recognize their expertise and contributions. To make matters worse, senior managers displayed unethical behavior, creating a toxic and unhealthy environment for students and faculty alike. Given these serious concerns, I strongly advise potential employees to steer clear of this university.
Concordia University Chicago Reviews FAQs
Concordia University Chicago has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 90 reviews left anonymously by employees. 34% of employees would recommend working at Concordia University Chicago to a friend and 21% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.
34% of Concordia University Chicago employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Concordia University Chicago 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.8 for culture and values and 2.3 for career opportunities.