Cover image for Commerce Bank

Found 778 of over 817 reviews

4.2
Commerce Bank President and CEO John W Kemper
John W Kemper
Pros
  • "They have a great work/life balance and recognize achievements(in 48 reviews)

• "Good benefits including 401K match(in 39 reviews)

• Cons
  • "pay is lower than competitors, behind the curve on work/life balance offerings(in 12 reviews)

• "Too much emphasis on sales goals(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

17d

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

7 Comments

Finance

115K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Commerce Bank~1283
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Commerce Bank and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

Great culture and work-life balance!

Apr. 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is great! It's more than words on a paper as I've experienced at other companies. Our EDGE concepts are part of our language and how we treat each other. The people that work on my team Commerce genuinely care about one another. It's so refreshing to know I can be myself and be accepted for who I am and what I offer to our group.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind right now.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

This is my Family

Dec. 2, 2022 - FP&A Analyst in Clayton, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

So many pros! I've been employed by Commerce for over 35 years. I started as a teller trainee and have enjoyed many opportunities to work in various departments and lines of business over the years, learning our business from many perspectives. Commerce provided educational assistance for me to complete my college degree and offers many other learning opportunities as well. I have witnessed extraordinary passion for excellence, and that passion is contagious. My coworkers truly care about our company and our customers. We are encouraged to share ideas from our diverse perspectives. We assume positive intentions with each other. Commerce is a great place to work. My coworkers are like my family. I truly enjoy going to work every day.

Cons

Sure, there are other places out there that pay better than Commerce, but there's more to a job than the money.

3. Join the Commerce Bank team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good pay, not a good company to work for.

Dec. 6, 2022 - Assistant Branch Manager (ABM)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to ask for time off. Adequate training. Friendly, amazing Regional Managers.

Cons

You get marked off target if you don't use their customer based questionnaire at every account opening. Are expected to hit sales goals every month, or you will be marked off target. Have been asking the retail side to help out with call center duties. Not enough pay for the amount they are asking.

5. 5.0

Good place to work

Nov. 21, 2022 - IT Senior Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employees are treated fairly. Benefits and Pay are competitive Good work life balance

Cons

No real cons. Best place I have ever worked

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company and opportunity for growth

Nov. 21, 2022 - Anonymous
      Business Outlook

Pros

Commerce Bank is an excellent place to work. I've appreciated the respect for home and work life balance and the opportunities provided for advancement.

Cons

I have none to offer.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Place to work

Nov. 17, 2022 - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Trustable, Safe, Friendly and Professional Working Environment.

Cons

Nothing till now in my idea (as Cons).

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

I was part of a team acquired by Commerce Bank. It was a very smooth transition.

Nov. 18, 2022 - Management
      Business Outlook

Pros

I wasn't exactly hired by Commerce, but was acquired by them, and have remained with them for many years. The corporate culture is strong and is a focus; culture is not just lip-service. Diversity, equity and inclusion are in the forefront. Likewise, engagement in and with our local communities is emphasized. The benefits are excellent, and the pay-scale is competitive. Senior management tends to be accessible. Communication overall is a strength.

Cons

None. Why a five-word minimum?

9. 3.0

So-so

Nov. 29, 2022 - Senior Mortgage Banker
      Business Outlook

Pros

Long standing relationships. Large bank with small community banking fe

Cons

Conservative and do little to praise employees

10. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great

Nov. 22, 2022 - Branch Manager in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay. Work/life balance. Modern facilities

Cons

Change, direct leadership, Saturday hours

11. 5.0

Personal Banker 2

Nov. 3, 2022 - Personal Banker 2
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employee focused company when you’re under the right manager, plenty of opportunities within the company, higher pay for a bank.

Cons

The only cons I have is with some managers I’ve worked under. Systems run slow, online banking is down a lot. The company likes to add duties to current employees rather than branching out to hire more people for curtain roles.

1 person found this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 778 Reviews
    </>Embed

Commerce Bank Reviews FAQs

Commerce Bank has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 817 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at Commerce Bank to a friend and 82% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Commerce Bank employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Commerce Bank. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

87% of Commerce Bank employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Commerce Bank 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Commerce Bank Job Seekers