Combined Insurance Employee Reviews about "great training"

Updated Aug 4, 2020

Found 35 of over 899 reviews

3.5
Combined Insurance President Joe Vasquez
Joe Vasquez
Pros
  • "Great training provided for new sales agents(in 35 reviews)

• "Combined Insurance changes my life through PMA(in 28 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It can take long hours in the beginning- still worth it(in 43 reviews)

• "Door-to-door sales and prospecting is required(in 41 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great training"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Company

Aug 4, 2020 - Insurance Sales Agent in Grande Prairie, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work Life Balance Awesome Co-Workers Great Training

Cons

Nothing to note that is negative

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Opportunity

Sep 12, 2019 - Sales Representative in Regina, SK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training! I get a lot of satisfaction by helping families prepare for the unexpected and protect their financial well being. Very positive team environment. Leaders are always willing to help. Recognition for a job well done is amazing, 2 trips a year to the Caribbean.

Cons

Not for the 9-5 job seeker.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee

Amazing commision structure

Sep 9, 2016 - Sales Representative in Kelowna, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training, both at school for licensing and sales, as well as on going and in the field.

Cons

If you're not motivated you won't make it. Not a job for 9-5 clock watchers.

Social Media Manager

Thank you for reviewing our company and for sharing that we offer an “amazing commision structure and great training.” We pride ourselves on our quality, on-site training school, as well as the ongoing field development we provide for our Agents. Thank you for your constructive feedback. We will ensure to channel that upward to sales management. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good Career for the Right Person

Nov 16, 2019 - Sales Representative in East Hartford, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training, flexible schedule, lots of earning and promotion opportunity. Residual income! Doing something that helps people.

Cons

If you won’t listen, won’t follow the training, won’t go out to work and really give the system an honest best effort try, don’t waste your time and the managers’ time. This isn’t for slackers.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good company; Terrible Leadership

Nov 4, 2019 - Licensed Sales Producer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pros: great training, nice colleagues, fantastic immediate supervisor, committed to hiring veterans

Cons

cons: commission, regional manager is a company man and a real jerk

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great opportunity to build a great career while helping people prepare for unexpected injuries and illness

Apr 16, 2019 - Sales Coordinator in Holbrook, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunity to earn lots of income and fantastic perks. Great company match 401K and discounted Stock purchase plans and terrific medical benefits. Free leads and great training!

Cons

Not many. Just have to be flexible because you work on customers schedules

Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this positive review! We always appreciate hearing from our current employees, and we appreciate your feedback. Our agents have the ability to earn a virtually unlimited income based on the volume of their sales, and we offer a comprehensive benefit program. We strive to prepare our agents for success through an onsite training program and through continued support once in the field. We wish you all the best in your future here with us!

7. 5.0

Awesome Opportunity .. Great People

Aug 17, 2016 - SD Insurance Agent in Rapid City, SD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wes Wickum, Dean Mueller and Kim Lambert are an amazing team. They are very supportive and teach you how to be a success! Great training and leadership. I worked for two other insurance companies and found the training to be lacking. Enjoyed meeting the CEO and other support staff during training. Great compensation and easy product to sell if you keep a Positive Mental Attitude!! I love making great commissions and bonuses. Massive opportunities for the right people, the ones that want to be a success and work hard to make it happen.

Cons

There are none, unless you expect the company to give you a paycheck for being lazy. If you fail, it's because you didn't put in the effort to learn and create your own destiny. Yes ... you have to work hard .. grow up and accept responsibility for your own success!! They give you the tools ... USE them!!

4 people found this review helpful

Social Media Manager

Thank you! It’s great to hear from our current employees, and we especially like hearing that you’ve enjoyed “great training and leadership.” Sounds like you have had a really amazing support team. As you mention, people who excel in their sales career here have the ability to earn a virtually unlimited income, and we have quality products that can make a real difference in people’s lives. It sounds like you have the right attitude to have a successful career here at Combined Insurance. We wish you all the best!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company with support and growth opportunities

Oct 12, 2017 - Sales Coordinator in Greensboro, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working at Combined for almost three years and it is a great company to work for. I was promoted to management after a year and have made a substantially better income here than I have any where else. I have also had the opportunity to travel both in and out of the country with the company to places like Portugal, Cancun, San Diego CA, Las Vegas NV and many others. Just to list a few of the great benefits of this company: Unlimited earning potential. Great benefits including stock options and company matched 401k. Great training. Plenty of support from management. Growth opportunity. And many many more. This is a great place to work for and I highly recommend looking into the opportunity.

Cons

No significant cons that come to mind.

Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this positive review! We always appreciate hearing from our current employees. We agree with you that for the right person, this is a great opportunity for professionals who are willing to do what it takes to succeed. Our full time agents have comprehensive benefits packages, the opportunity for merit-based promotions, great incentives and awards and the ability to earn a virtually unlimited income potential. We thank you again for sharing these pros and we wish you all the best in your future at Combined Insurance!

9. 5.0

Agent

Jan 9, 2018 - Agent in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training. You paid what you are worth. Your work ethic determines your income. If you have discipline and you want to earn 6 figures at a career that is not complicated then this is then place for you!

Cons

Not enough accountability. Agents are not held accountable for poor work habits. Need to help the agents understand their poor work ethics causes failure. If you are lazy and want everything done for you, go somewhere else.

2 people found this review helpful

Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this positive review! We always appreciate hearing from our current employees. We agree that work ethic is a key factor in our agents’ success. They have the ability to make a virtually unlimited income based on the volume of their sales, and it takes hard work to develop and nurture their customer base. We wish you all the best in your future here with us!

10. 4.0

Excellent place to start

Aug 8, 2012 - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training, it's nice when the company has a lot of money invested in you. After the initial two week "sales camp" you are also continually trained and groomed for advancement as you go.

Cons

"Assembly line" style of training, while it is efficient, it doesn't cater to the individual at all. But when you are training so many new agents a week, it would be unrealistic to expect them to cater to each individual.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 Reviews