Colliers International Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2020

3.7
Colliers International Chairman and CEO Jay Hennick (no image)
Jay Hennick
  1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Treasury Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Colliers International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Opportunity to grow with the company. Genuinely values diversity and inclusion. Encourages innovation.

Cons

Sometimes the elevators don't work very well

March 20, 2020Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! So great to hear you also value diversity and inclusion, along with the culture of our company. Elevator maintenance is an ongoing topic and we are working with the building facilities to make improvements. We appreciate you!

2. "acceptable"

2.0
    Current Employee - Office Manager Administration in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Colliers International full-time

Pros

youth ambiance, pleasant, reasonable schedule, flexibility

Cons

documentation not upgraded, clear communication missing

"Amateur operations with terrible workflow, boys club in brokerage, under market pay"

2.0
    Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Toronto, ON

I worked at Colliers International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They'll hire those without real estate experience and train them. It can be fun, almost like high school. You don't need to be particularly educated or carry credentials with pedigree. They value loyalty so if you're not that smart, not that educated, but willing to stick around, you'll outlast the rotation of actual talent that passes through the company for better opportunities.

Cons

Operates like a mom and pop instead of a publicly traded international company. Brokerage is a boys club with rampant sexual harassment, which is accepted in the culture. Brokers treated like gods, supporting staff treated as disposable. Cliquey and gossipy, stemming from senior leadership. The different service groups don't communicate with one another - tons of lost opportunity to sell the full service package to clients.

Continue reading
  4. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Colliers International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good company culture and atmosphere.

Cons

Departments can be siloed and disorganized.

February 21, 2020Director Talent Acquisition

Thanks for leaving a review!

"Great organization!"

Current Employee - Functional Analyst in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Colliers International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Colliers International is a great organization! I work in their IT department which has enabled me several opportunities and great growth. I learn and develop new skills daily as well as have a strong work-life balance. In addition, I truly enjoy my colleagues who have become my work family.

Cons

The downsides of Colliers International is that they often deliver a project without keeping “quality over quantity” in mind. Nonetheless, several exciting new projects launched, specifically in Q4 2019!

February 21, 2020Director Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! I am thrilled to hear you are enjoying your role within our IT department. Your feedback is heard and appreciated.

6. "Liking it so far"

Current Employee - Market Data Coordinator in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Colliers International full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Freedom to work on your own - management does not micro manage - flexible work hours - good work and life balance - great atmosphere of people

Cons

- all result driven - your work will not be acknowledged - management only cares about results, staff does not matter as much as long as they are getting results

January 27, 2020Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking time to leave a review! Glad to hear you are enjoying the autonomy in your job and team enviornment. Please reach out to your human resources business partner to discuss your concerns further as this is something that can be coached/addressed further.

"High turnover rates not addressed"

Current Employee - Property Accountant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Colliers International full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are great to work with and the office is really modern.

Cons

Benefits are horrible and RRSP plan is laughable. Not at all competitive with what other companies of this size are offering. Not much room to grow - very flat organization.

December 20, 2019Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I appreciate your feedback and can advocate that as a company, our highest priority is the commitment to our people. I would love to hear from you to listen and adress any concerns. Feel free to contact me directly.

"Professional, respectful, and always striving to improve"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Colliers International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Employees are treated with respect and as professionals. Generally open communication between leadership and staff. Amazing internal training. Management and leadership are constantly looking for ways to improve.

Cons

Culture can be overly focused on growth and sales. Nature of the work means that internal office culture is underdeveloped. The company is lagging behind in innovation and embracing technology.

November 14, 2019Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you taking the time to leave a review! Great to hear you are accessing the internal training resources available for your learning. We appreciate your feedback in regards to technology, this is useful for usas we continue to expand and further develop in this area. Thanks, again!

9. "Assisstant project manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Colliers International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice inviroment with great potential to grow

Cons

Nothing major to be mentioned

November 8, 2019Director Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

"Poor management and very disappointed- STAY AWAY"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Colliers International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Adopted Colliers name but NOT BE MISTAKEN: Colliers Project Leaders (CPL) is not the same company as Colliers International. It's much smaller and has a different CEO

Cons

- Very chaotic ruled company by the VP’s and senior management - They do PM work only, as an EIT you HAVE NO chances in getting your experience required by EGBC - Average stay for a PM or SPM is 10 months. They don’t last very long as they quit or get fired.. - I don’t understand how they get projects when they have such a bad reputation with clients, every client I talked with is complaining about Colliers Project Leaders (CPL) - Bullying is the norm, senior VP’s encourage competition among PM’s by having other PM’s bully you - I caught the VP’s lying about many things including bonus, overtime, etc..

February 26, 2020Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. What you have described is concerning and does not reflect the culture or values we embrace at Colliers Project Leaders. We would be happy to arrange to speak with you regarding your comments if you would be open to that. Please contact me directly if you’d like to discuss this issue further.

Found 439 reviews