Coast Dental Services Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 7 February, 2019

3.4
Terek Diasti

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The commitment for excellence to provide exceptional patient care is always the number one focus" (in 5 reviews)

• "It was very close to home and I had a very good hyg and dr to work with but the company sucked" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "The culture within Coast is so disappointing because of all of these factors as well as upper management being completely unapproachable" (in 8 reviews)

• "No support from corporate, district and regional managers were only concerned about making money and did not care at all about patient care" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Does anyone in this company care about anything?"

I have been working at Coast Dental Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Stability/hours
    - Help is available when you need it
    - I’ve never met mean/rude office staff

Cons

- I have been working with some of the worst doctors I’ve ever met. Currently working with a doctor that is doing negligent work, is rude to patients (blaming them for his bad work).. I can’t even sleep at night knowing what he’s doing to people. Cementing crowns with open margins, leaving fillings unsealed, and all other work with the highest level of laziness and negligence. He should not be practicing but they won’t fire him because NO DOCTOR WANTS TO WORK FOR THE COMPANY. There are a couple exceptions, but I would never let a doctor working for coast come near me or my family. I knew the company’s reputation was bad, but I didn’t know it was this bad
    - Managers are so overworked.. they basically have to commit their entire life to the company
    - unrealistic expectations as far as numbers go.. we work with Medicaid patients.. they aren’t buying Invisalign.
    - old office equipment. Why are we still using paper????? They’ve been promising digital equipment for years. It’s never coming.
    - deteriorating facilities
    - office staff is blamed if the doctor is not producing. I personally cannot change the doctors behavior or ethics.

Advice to Management

The terrible doctors that you allow to stay are the ones tarnishing your reputation. Does ANYONE do any quality control?? Patients are getting the lowest qualify in care! Once you update the equipment, I’m sure it’ll be easier to find quality doctors.

"pretty much what i expected"

Former Employee - EFDA in Melbourne, FL (US)
    Former Employee - EFDA in Melbourne, FL (US)

I worked at Coast Dental Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

not a single one afaic

Cons

long hours, they don't hire a janitorial service so the DAs must do all the cleaning, lots of HMO patients double booked to compensate for the inevitable numerous no-shows, DAs are expected to work outside of hte scope of duties allowed by the dental board, infection control is a joke, i was there 10 wks but started job hunting at wk 6 and gave notice at wk 8. there had been no office manager on site since my 3rd wk there. very chaotic and i didnt get my last but of travel pay (they promised me in the interview i would only ever work at one office but that ended up being untrue and i was once sent 90+ minutes away to cover in an office where the DA had called out sick. oh and the regional boss came to the office one day and did something screwy with a patients walkout which basically was going to leave her on the hook for hundreds of dollars. this was a single teen mom on medicaid. terrible people, terrible company.

Advice to Management

what management?

"Dental assistant"

I worked at Coast Dental Services full-time

Pros

Close to home. Great hours.

Cons

Toxic office manager that expected the moon and did not provide training. Dentist did not care and his work reflected it.

Advice to Management

Interview better when hiring managers.

"Receptionist"

I worked at Coast Dental Services full-time

Pros

Horrible no pros they shouldn’t even be open

Cons

Overworked and underpaid greedy and don’t care

"District Manager"

I worked at Coast Dental Services full-time

Pros

Field teams work hard.

Cons

Never appreciated and patients are not priority. Management is always blamed for everything. Not able to attract good doctors and let bad ones stay to avoid closing down.

Advice to Management

Be open to new ideas.

6. "Awesome team work"

Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at Coast Dental Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Coast dental for a year now. I love my team. If I ever have any questions my DM is always there to answer and help. If your looking for a great place to work and want to be part of a team/family come join us.

Cons

I really don't have any cons except I came from a paperless office and Wish all offices were paperless.

7. "Office Manager"

Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at Coast Dental Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Support at a corporate level with a name you can trust. Still owned and operated by the Original Founders unlike any other corporation in the business.

Cons

I haven’t came across any in over 3 years!

Advice to Management

Updates, updates, updates!

8. "Love my team!"

Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at Coast Dental Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good salary. Hard work in recognized. Room for advancement.

Cons

Every company has its positives and negative’s. I have learned and grown so much at Coast dental the positives definitely outweigh.

9. "Such a great place to work"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Port Orange, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Port Orange, FL (US)

I have been working at Coast Dental Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have had the opportunity to start my employment with Coast Dental on the West Coast (Calif) managing 2 offices then transferring to the East Coast where I manage a practice in Port Orange, FL overall this company hands down has been very supportive from the hiring process to transferring I have been blessed to have worked with 2 great District Managers, Nancy and now Misty!! Both very great ladies to work under as they are supportive great with coaching for growth on a practice and personal level

Cons

At this point and time of my employment I have not seen any actual "cons"

Advice to Management

Continue to support your staff, from Office Managers, District Managers to the internal staff within each practice.

10. "21 Years Here"

Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at Coast Dental Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay, allows room for advancement and growth, close to home, great team I work with...Like Family

Cons

blackout dates for paid time off around the holidays & medical plan options aren't the best