Coast Dental Services Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Coast Dental Services Reviews

Updated Oct 1, 2019

4.0
Coast Dental Services CEO Derek Diasti (no image)
Derek Diasti
Pros
  • "At Coast Dental we are committed to delivering excellent patient care, dedicated to ensuring growth and opportunity for our employees(in 6 reviews)

• "Upper management has recently changed and making lots of positive changes(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Also there are not a lot of the private practice "perks", like the dentist paying for trips, or taking the staff to dental conventions(in 11 reviews)

• "OMs are browbeaten by upper management(in 10 reviews)

1. "Incredible Opportunity"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Coast Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, work life balance, benefits, culture. You can have it all.

Cons

I do not have 1 single con.

Advice to Management

Keep it up you are doing great.

Coast Dental Services2019-10-01
  2. "great careing place"

Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Coast dental cares about there staff and patients

Cons

i have no cons

Advice to Management

My upper management is excellent

3. "Opportunities!"

Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They do care about all the employees and patients Becoming a family in your office Awesome Doctor's that truly care about there patients Support staff available

Cons

All of the conference calls

Advice to Management

Spend some more time in the actual offices to see the daily grind

Coast Dental Services2019-09-25
  4. "very good enviroment"

Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

very good enviroment to join,most of the upper mangement very motived and helpful. place you can grow your carrier

Cons

No one from the staff is allwoed to take a PTO during the holiday season.

Coast Dental Services2019-09-25
  5. "CONTENT AT CORPORATE"

Current Employee - Patient Quality Assurance Coordinator in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am part of a great team at the Corporate office for Coast Dental. I get to work with great and amazing people. From Corporate to the Field, everyone I have had to communicate with is a Team Player.

Cons

You're not working for Coast yet.

Advice to Management

I do not have any advice, but encouragement. Thank you all for appreciating our hard work and acknowledging the talent here at Coast. You all Rock!

Coast Dental Services2019-09-23
  6. "We Believe in the Power of Teamwork"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

At Coast Dental you will enjoy a professional and personal work-life-balance and thrive in a culture that supports advancement, training and continuing education. This includes a superior compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to work with a progressive and well-respected dental group that is helping shape the future of dentistry. PLUS, the Coast Family is still managed by our founding dentist and... family partnership.

Cons

Coast is always looking for ways to make improvements to their processes - if that is even a con.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work. The changes have been noticed!

Coast Dental Services2019-09-23
  7. "Best Family Run Dental Corporation"

Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Port Charlotte, FL

I have been working at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

In my 20+ years with Coast I have witnessed numerous changes but the primary directive has always been to provide the BEST possible patient care with the most current materials and instrumentation available. As a hygienist, I have also enjoyed being viewed as a health care provider and not just an employee of the dentist in the practice, which is what winds up happening in private practice settings. There are also... many benefits available that are not available in private practice, i.e. 401K, health insurance, paid vacation, etc.

Cons

Many equate working for a dental corporation like working in a clinic because of the numerous dental plans accepted, so some may see this as a con of working for Coast. Also there are not a lot of the private practice "perks", like the dentist paying for trips, or taking the staff to dental conventions.

Advice to Management

I would love to see the CEO, COO, etc. take the time to visit offices outside of the home city area like they did back in the early years of the company. I think it would build "family" more so than the large quarterly meetings.

Coast Dental Services2019-09-24
  8. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Coast Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the "Team" atmosphere! Everyone is willing to help each other!

Cons

With an increase in business there is always a period of time where communication between departments is missed.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to employees

Coast Dental Services2019-09-24
  9. "ZERO LEADERSHIP- ZERO TRAINING"

Former Employee - Office Manager in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Coast Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

NONE- DO NOT WORK HERE_ VERY DISAPPOINTING

Cons

This was the worst week of my career- I was told that I had to do a conference call everyday at 5PM that could last to 6PM- I was told take the numbers and read them while driving in the car- REALLy, explain how you could close the day, - with ZERO training and read and drive at the same time- while picking your child up... NO THANK YOU- I should have listened to the staff reviews because they are horrible... just as the patient reviews are, with good reason.. The patients are just that " patient" As a patient seeing a different dentist, a different hygienist different front staff truly says it all. I have never left a review in my life.. but this was the worst experience of my life- the DM shows you how to do the process the LONG way- checks everywhere to be deposited but because no one is properly trained there is money laying around everywhere..... because they can't enter the information into the OLD dental software with the SLOWEST computers I have ever SEEN. numbers, numbers numbers, you want to increase the numbers- give your staff a few tools to be successful- THIS WAS ThE WORST corporation I have ever been associated in my entire life....... it was the most embarrassing experience of my life!! another OM quit no notice while having lunch- IT is obvious that management and training in the company doesn't exist... Who has an office master check out their patients and schedule the next appointment while scanning- yes scanning x-rays the oldest slowest flat bed scanner I have seen in my life----- you could save time, and process claims much quicker if you send just al little money ( literally less than $200 ) the x-rays are developed, yes developed there in the office. staff on their cell phones while be paid hourly while they say to the OM, stay til the job is done.... even in the dark in a bad neighborhood. LOL now thats funny, unethical- you will never keep an OM, one week, 1 day NEVER- Your reputation is just what the patients and former employees say.. you have a form " voluntary resignation" on your intra office website.... that should have been my first clue. Am I mad- no very disappointed in being misled and saying that I would have the proper training.... hahaha now thats funny- I promise that your corporate office will be very interested in how you are running these offices, or lack there of.... How many people have walked out of Coast Dental as an employeee-- A LOT- Get a trainer if you can find someone , clean up the practice on E Tennessee Street, and all over the state...... Your staff is held hostage by holding the phone the you could simply get a headset for them..... Seriously this was the worst experience of my life------

Advice to Management

Lead by example- TRAIN YOUR PEOPLE !!! Give the staff the tools they need to be succssful!

Coast Dental Services2019-10-02

"Great Opportunity to Promote Within"

Current Employee - Office Support in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A family owned company that invests in their employees to the opportunity to grow and develop in different areas of the business.

Cons

There is always room for improvement within any company. Coast Dental is always striving to be more efficient.

Coast Dental Services2019-08-14