Coast Capital Savings Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Feb 28, 2019

3.4
Coast Capital Savings President and CEO Calvin MacInnis
Calvin MacInnis
Pros
  • "Healthy, inclusive work environment with an eye of the future(in 14 reviews)

• "I have met nothing but great people in my few years here(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "top heavy(in 4 reviews)

• "Company is shifting to more and more of a focus on sales as opposed to its roots of helping people(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Former FSR"

4.0
    Former Employee - Financial Service Representative in Surrey, BC

I worked at Coast Capital Savings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

awesome environment flexible room for advancement great management great benefits

Cons

upper management is focusing more on sales

Coast Capital Savings Response

Director, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review and we are glad you like the people, culture, and advancement opportunities here at Coast. We have exciting times ahead as we go national and we are so glad that you are on board to grow with us.

"Awful work environment and awful employer."

1.0
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Victoria, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Coast Capital Savings full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The salary is decent in comparison to the banks.

Cons

The company is truly failing as an employer. They say they welcome feedback but the second that you provide any you are targeted as ‘negative’. They continue to increase barriers to execution and sales is basically the sole focus - but they like to put a corporate spin on that and call it a “culture of care”. Upper management is fake and corporate about everything, and the only way we now differ from a bank is in that our systems are worse. They can’t even release bonus structures until over a month into the year. Targets change annually and are released with a complete lack of clarity. They said they would remove barriers to execution yet the day to day job is becoming more and more demanding by the week with endless micromanaged tasks being added to our already full plates.

Continue reading

"EPMO needs help. The team is not empowered. People are demoralized"

1.0
    Current Employee - ETS in Surrey, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Coast Capital Savings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Bonus, Decent Discount, Decent Pay Coast the organization has decent culture

Cons

1. Employees are entitled to contribute to the anonymous 360 employee survey. The epmo management had not only not listen nor act accordingly to the feedback, they would even go as far as labeling the team’s feedback as “FAKE NEWS” and calling out team members to “STOP HIDING BEHIND THE COMPUTERS TO COMPLAINT”. The management’s answer for brushing off these constructive feedback is to continuously brag about how many projects the team has delivered, and if the team can’t appreciate that then perhaps Coast is not a good fit for the “complainers”. Needless to say, the team felt demoralized, intimated and threatened… 2. One of the widely known sensitive topic of the epmo management is that they get extremely angry and panicky if anyone exposes unfavorable project statuses to the executives. It's an unspoken rule that all project communications to Execs must be "filtered" or "approved" by the management. The culture to manipulate project status is quite extraordinary... 3. No one understands why all major projects have go-live dates pre-determined by the upper management team with zero inputs from the epmo team, Stakeholders and the Architects. During delivery, unexpected scope comes up and the management would not hesitate to throw the team under the bus for scope creep...

Continue reading

"Management focus is climbing their career ladder"

2.0

I have been working at Coast Capital Savings

Pros

Dedicated staff, people in the ranks want to succeed. CEO is out of his office and with staff, very assessable.

Cons

Sr Management is hungry for power, manage upwards with little regard to lower levels and the impact of their decisions on day to dat working staff. Limited opportunities for women in upper Management especially within IT.

Coast Capital Savings Response

Manager, People Solutions

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear of your experiences as we are committed to creating a fair and equitable environment for all of our employees. We value and consider all feedback and use it to find ways to continuously improve. For example, through our “Leaders Who Inspire” training program we are investing in our managers to strengthen their skills in motivating, leading and growing their teams. In turn these skills will help build opportunities for all employees at Coast Capital Savings. And thank you for your advice, we always want to remain true to our roots of helping Canadians with simple financial help™.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews