Coast Capital Savings Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Sep 22, 2020

3.7
Coast Capital Savings President and CEO Calvin MacInnis
Calvin MacInnis
Pros
  • "Very positive and inclusive work environment(in 17 reviews)

• "I have met nothing but great people in my few years here(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "top heavy(in 5 reviews)

• "Many staff are working long hours(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Very fast pace IT dept

Jan 22, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Experienced front line managers, most of which have worked in the front lines for years and understand technology. Sr. management (below execs) not so much. - Very fast pace changing environment due to national expansion and aggressive (in a positive way) Exec level expectations & IT transformation targets. - IT dept has had now several years of very healthy funding from Execs, allowing for unprecedented funding for training, retooling & hiring. - Massive ongoing transformation of various platforms to Cloud & related services - Sr. Exec overseeing IT is passionate, supportive and with a strong vision to modernize Coast Capital into a leading digital banking system in Canada - no small task. - You will succeed in the IT dept if you are a fast learner, energetic, believe in the vision of where things are going, are a supportive team player. If you just want to work 9-5, and do repetitive manual tasks, this is not the IT dept for you. - Pay is well above average

Cons

- Performance reviews across different IT depts do not reflect employee's hard work, or lack thereof. Management too frequently give an average rating, do not take the time to properly provide goals or mentor staff (some do, but many dont) - Aggressive timelines with leading edge changes on a grand scale make it hard to have a good work life balance. Many staff are working long hours. Great for people in their 20's and early 30's, tough for people in their late 40's and 50's, especially with kids. -EPMO management does not seem to take survey results seriously & constantly filter bad results in their reporting. There is still some dead weight & complainers in EPMO and IT in general, but hiring in the past couple of years has improved significantly. - HR has a few really outstanding people (not supporting IT), but when push comes to shove, they are not on your side. They are there to protect the company.

Continue reading

Coast Capital Savings Response

Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your detailed feedback. We’re happy to hear about the pros but it’s also really helpful to consider the cons and advice to management. We appreciate your candidness and we look forward to determining ways to address and improve upon the areas mentioned.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee

IT PM

Sep 22, 2020 - Project Manager in North Surrey, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Close to home for many

Cons

Long hours for many in the organization

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Too much micro managing

Aug 13, 2019 - Member Services
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and benefit package

Cons

Long hours...extremely busy office. Micro managing.

Continue reading
    4. 3.0
      Current Employee

MANAGER

Nov 6, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people and culture , community. Location

Cons

Long hours, not paid for them

Coast Capital Savings Response

Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that your experience aligns with the culture of care we have been working to create for our members, community, and our employees. It is a very busy time at Coast as we expand nationally. However, I encourage you to talk with your leader, as it is important to have a healthy life/work balance.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews