Coast Capital Savings Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Jun 16, 2020

3.4
Coast Capital Savings President and CEO Calvin MacInnis
Calvin MacInnis
Pros
  • "Healthy, inclusive work environment with an eye of the future(in 14 reviews)

• "I have met nothing but great people in my few years here(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "top heavy(in 4 reviews)

• "Company is shifting to more and more of a focus on sales as opposed to its roots of helping people(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place, but back office support direct to members sucks."

Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager

I have been working at Coast Capital Savings full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great culture. Great people. Starting to take themselves seriously

Cons

Management doesn’t see a point to creating back office support channels direct to the members.

Continue reading
  2. "Proud to work at Coast Capital"

Current Employee - Member Banking Specialist

I have been working at Coast Capital Savings full-time

Pros

Good company, great benefits, great pension plan if you stay with the company long term. New retail director Chris Maze has done a great job so far. Good company morale, good flexibility. Great retail management within the Metro-Vancouver region (Dennis Kuo, Cherise Nolin, Courtney Roth to name a few) Calvin appears to be a good CEO with a promising outlook. Great VP with Lisa. Coast has done a good job at recognizing efforts of employees, ensuring they have the support of management for career growth as well as rewarding employees who put in effort. Great lending benefits. Strong focus on work life balance, no unrealistic sales expectations. I have met nothing but great people in my few years here.

Cons

More competitive pay for Financial Planners and Mobile Mortgage teams should be evaluated as there appears to be strong enough incentive to leave Coast Capital for a position within a private firm. Higher individual compensation for these crucial roles will cost Coast more upfront, but should negate situations where skilled people leave and bring a large chunk of business with them.

Director, Talent Acquisition

We do have amazing employees that make us proud to work in this organization and we appreciate you acknowledging some of our leadership team. Thank you for your insights regarding the pay structure for some of our roles. At Coast Capital we are continually working on being competitive in the Financial Services industry thought annual benchmark studies with our peers. Thanks again for your feedback.

3. "Started out good"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Coast Capital Savings full-time

Pros

Great culture in most teams and a lot of great people. Good benefits.

Cons

No opportunities for growth. Some teams can have toxic people, which is due to lack of strong leadership. Slow paced. Parking.

"Great company and Great culture"

4.0
    Current Employee - IT Service Management in Surrey, BC

I have been working at Coast Capital Savings full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, great people to work with, challenging fast paced environment with lot of opportunities to learn new skills. Chance to work with latest technologies and applications. Very good growth opportunities.Very good initiatives by leadership team to grow and the opportunities are boundless. I have seen people working for decades and I've seen many people develop and move into promotions. Employee benefits are very good.

Cons

No feedback. The best employer I've ever had. Still need to work on the compensation according current market.

5. "Cool Company"

I have been working at Coast Capital Savings full-time

Pros

Lots of perks. Banking and lending perks, great people, fairly local.

Cons

Management can get caught up in ideas and non-related items that interfere with our goals.

6. "It was a good experience"

I have been working at Coast Capital Savings

Pros

great environment with great people

Cons

Can be difficult to move up

7. "Great company, great people"

4.0
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Surrey, BC

I have been working at Coast Capital Savings part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fairly flexible scheduling, good pay, great people to work with. Good benefits and corporate culture. Expanding company, focused on helping their customers

Cons

Personally I hate sales so the role is very tiresome after 4+ years. Can be hard to move into other departments as roles rarely come up for back office

Manager, People Solutions

We wholly agree we are a “great company, with great people”. #smileyface We strive to provide a fun working culture for our employees that offers flexible scheduling, competitive pay and benefits and great people. And we are glad that you are a part of it! Sorry to hear sales has been so taxing on you! Being in sales is not for everyone so good to know you are exploring other opportunities within Coast Capital that are a better fit for you. We know other opportunities might not always be possible in a part time capacity, but you never know what a good career chat and some networking could result in.

8. "Customer Service Representative"

I worked at Coast Capital Savings part-time

Pros

Great people to work with. Loved the energy and my team. Everyone is very supportive and willing to help you out when you start

Cons

It is difficult to move up within the company. Becoming more about sales and a bigger bottom line.

Manager, People Solutions

It’s nice to hear how frequently people love working with everyone here at Coast. It’s a special place to be and that’s only possible because of the people who choose to work here. Thank you for sharing the challenges you experienced with career planning and development. We appreciate your advice as it’s something that we try to keep top of mind by offering support for employees and managers to ensure these types of conversations are happening with a good frequency, solid dialogue and well-rounded perspective setting realistic expectations. Its positive reinforcement to hear such supports are value-add and we look forward to continuing to build our skill sets in this area.

9. "It`s okay"

Current Employee - Human Resources
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Coast Capital Savings full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Interesting work, lots of challenge, great people to work with.

Cons

Communication from senior management could be better

"Inconsistent"

2.0

I worked at Coast Capital Savings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some great people Not too busy Potential for good bonuses

Cons

The quirkiness they pride themselves for can be really annoying and unprofessional Due to the size of the company, not much chance for career advancement Seemingly obsessed with giving things away for free when people are willing to pay Often seemed directionless

Found 12 reviews