Cloudwick Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Big Data Engineer"

I worked at Cloudwick full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent company to get started in Big Data field
    Very intensive training
    CEO is very down to earth and a great support. He knows how to take the company to the next level
    Great growth opportunities

Cons

Not any big cons. Just there are some dishonest hires who take advantage of the company and write bad reviews. I am shocked to see one or two bad reviews. They are probably some disgruntled employees who were let go and taking their anger out. Company is too easy sometimes to hire people without verifying. Need a better process of scanning such cheaters who take advantage of company's excellent training program. I have seen with my own experience in this company and have spend some time with such people. Shame on such people who get trained, get great opportunities and this company even provides them housing and so many other facilities but these morons are still not satisfied and spread misleading messages.

Advice to Management

Have a more rigorous way of scanning new hires who can cheat the company.

"Awesome Company, Management and Work"

Current Employee - Big Data Engineer in Newark, CA (US)

I have been working at Cloudwick full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some people confuse this with a consultancy because it started as a staffing company 7-8 years ago, but it has come a long way. It is operating as an established partner service partner with almost every big name in the Big Data industry - Cloudera, Databricks, Datastax, Hortonworks, AWS to name the top few; has its own funded products and projects.
    1. Small teams or individual level projects.
    2. Hardworking employees who are passionate and up to date with the latest technologies in Big Data.
    3. Growing number of internal projects and their own products / solutions.
    4. Pragmatic management and great leadership.
    5. Competitive salaries, transparent payrolls. Shorter appraisal cycles than any other company I have heard.

Cons

I did not come across any major con or any false promises which were made by the management. It is operating as a very competitive and individual focused start up. If you are an asset to the company, the CEO will make sure you are paid well and your growth does not stop. If you are not, well then you would not resonate with it. I have seen people work on new projects every few months and others who have found their comfort zones in supporting legacy projects and like to stay in them. Those people cannot really complain about the work or money.

Advice to Management

Doing a good job. Try and recruit a more diverse crowd.

"awesome company"

Current Employee - Hadoop Engineer in Newark, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Hadoop Engineer in Newark, CA (US)

I have been working at Cloudwick full-time

Pros

get to learn lot of things

Cons

small teams which is good we et to work on lot of things

Advice to Management

---

"Big Data Engineer"

I worked at Cloudwick full-time

Pros

It is one of the best companies to work for specially if your goal is learn big data and its industry.
    They provide one of the best training and really take the pain to make you learn. It depends upon person to person how much knowledge he or she could soak. But they provide tools for you learn and progress.

Cons

Some people take this as a guarantee that once they are in Cloudwick, they can now relax. But as mentioned in the Pros, it is entirely upto the individual that how much he learns and takes every opportunity provided by this company more seriously. Some folks blame the company in the end but they are accountable for their own actions. They can really make this company as a ladder to their success. This company does not have any big cons, in fact one of the best consulting companies around in the field of big data.

Advice to Management

Great CEO and other management group. Stay like this.

"Excellent company to work for"

I worked at Cloudwick full-time

Pros

You learn so much here specially when you are a newbie. It is not like a typical desi consultancy. it is a door to lots of opportunities. The company has lot of potential and growing quickly. Interview From my experience the it is way better than the other consultancies. The lady who initially interviews seems to be very professional and is detailed in explaining the company and the process . From the start of the interview itself, I had the feeling that I am choosing the right place. The CEO is a great guy and overall my experience was really good working here. I had to leave due to personal reasons.

Cons

There are not many cons for this company. One of the cons is that sometimes your resume is not picked up or reviewed and can be embedded unless it is an experienced resume and catches their eye or you know someone in the company who could forward it to the right people. They receive many resumes and that might be the reason for this..

"Hadoop Engineer"

Pros

Great place to learn and grow yourself in the field of Big data. Cloudwick has many got talented and hardworkng employees.

Cons

I don't see any. Everyone working hard for the growth of company

"Very Good"

I worked at Cloudwick full-time

Pros

Good training, marketing & projects

Cons

not that I could think of

Advice to Management

None

"BigData"

I have been working at Cloudwick full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good training and great team members

Cons

New training sessions got declined

"Great place to start career"

Current Employee - Big Data Engineer in Newark, CA (US)

Pros

Lots of learning which is fun. Cool products and technologies you can read up on. Don't let others scare you: it's not as hard to understand as people say it.

Cons

The company is still small and growing, not much of internal business processes that you might see.

10. "Cloudwick Review"

I have been working at Cloudwick full-time

Pros

Excellent training and great people working there

Cons

Low pay compared to same job at other companies