Found 77 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The pay was good and not bad" (in 101 reviews)
- "great people and they have supervisor that care about there employers" (in 99 reviews)
- "Good Benefits and ability to advance" (in 90 reviews)
- "Good training and integration programs of their business model and paper flow for companies they have purchased." (in 42 reviews)
- "Good safety environment." (in 26 reviews)
- "Did away with 401k, wages are stagnant, no push back against poor management" (in 104 reviews)
- "Upper management does not appreciate nor understand the work that is done." (in 53 reviews)
- "Some of the jobs are very demanding and require long hours and out of town work." (in 50 reviews)
- "Inflation is off the charts but you still aren’t getting the raise you were due for 8 years ago." (in 38 reviews)
- "No work/life balance" (in 34 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Clean Harbors and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0May 16, 2021Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
-As much overtime as you want
-Not a job for good work/life balanceClean Harbors Response3y
Thank you for your feedback.
- 4.0Feb 13, 2018Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSeattle, WA
Good benefits, a large company with lots of opportunities, pay can be sufficient and all around they are about you keeping your job.
There a limited amount of knowledge within the company. There is a lot of points the finger or I don't know who to call issues. Hard to have a good work life balance because the pay doesnt reflect how close you have to live to the home base. ( In Washington )1
- 5.0Sept 18, 2022Conservation TechnicianCurrent Employee
Work life balance is great
Management can be difficult at timesClean Harbors Response2y
Thank you for posting. We appreciate your feedback and glad to hear you have a nice life/work balance at Clean Harbors.
- 1.0Aug 3, 2020SupervisorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBridgeport, NJ
When I joined this company I figured it was good because it was thoughout the country if you moved you can just transfer
Lack of communication Hours and pay inconsistent Management tells you to balance work and home life but it’s just talk They call you and expect you to come right into work for jobs they known about just forgot to schedule basically their lack of planning is an emergency for you Expect you to be in call do nothing with your family etc for no on call pay and if no work gets called in you get no pay Most managers treat you as a number not a person1Clean Harbors Response4y
Please reach out to our Employee Engagement Team to learn how you can become part of the solution to address the items you shared. We can do this together.
- 2.0Mar 22, 2018Field Operationn TechnicianFormer Employee, more than 1 yearEdmonton, AB
Opportunities for upward mobility for some whom are willing to put in the work. Comradery amongst team members.
Lack of managerial training, top heavy organization, communication disconnect between upper management and individual branches. Work life balance is often sacrificed in order to fulfill job responsibilities2
- 3.0May 7, 2021Equipment OperatorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearEdmonton, AB
Most coworkers and management are good. Lots of benefits.
Cut lots of money from our pay. For example, worked 14 hours and only got 12 hours paid. No work and life balance.1