Clean Harbors Employee Reviews about "great people"
55% would recommend to a friend
(97 total reviews)
Alan S. McKim
67% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The pay was good and not bad" (in 99 reviews)
- "great people and they have supervisor that care about there employers" (in 96 reviews)
- "Good benefits and time off" (in 93 reviews)
- "Good training and integration programs of their business model and paper flow for companies they have purchased." (in 45 reviews)
- "Good safety environment." (in 27 reviews)
- "Did away with 401k, wages are stagnant, no push back against poor management" (in 106 reviews)
- "Upper management does not appreciate nor understand the work that is done." (in 53 reviews)
- "Some of the jobs are very demanding and require long hours and out of town work." (in 53 reviews)
- "No raise in 3 years." (in 42 reviews)
- "No work/life balance" (in 34 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Clean Harbors and is not affected by filters.
Found 97 of over 2K reviews
Updated Nov 27, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "great people"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0Apr 1, 2022TechnicianFormer Employee
Mostly great people to work for and with
The work is grooling and terribleClean Harbors Response2y
Thank you for your feedback.
- 3.0Jul 16, 2021Program ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Great opportunity to work in various environments with various people and materials. Real skill builder position. Allows you to work and grow independently. Success is based off of how hard you work.
Sink or swim position. You either do really well, or really poorly. If you get proper training you'll do well but the key word is IF. You will need to tell upper management when youre sinking or else no one will know. Requires a lot of communication on your part.Clean Harbors Response3y
Thank you for the feedback. Training is very important. Please check out our Training Center to see all the training offerings.
- 5.0Jul 11, 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsNorwell, MA
CleanHarbors to me is very family oriented and have great people to work with. I love how they work with you and teach you what you need to know. This Company offers a lot of training and is fast moving. Makes it worth coming to work everyday!
Finding the time to remember why we are as good as we are as Clean Harbors.
- 4.0Apr 22, 2022District ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearRed Deer, AB
Very organized with lots of great people.
Very rigid and difficult to make improvements,Clean Harbors Response2y
Thank you for posting. Good luck in your next steps.
- 5.0Dec 10, 2020SupervisorCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsCorpus Christi, TX
The benefits are good. The pay is decent . And the people are great.
Sometimes the work slows downClean Harbors Response3y
We love our people! They make us a great company!
- 3.0Feb 15, 2022DispatcherCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
The people here are great at helping and answering questions.
Sometimes it’s sink or swim.Clean Harbors Response2y
Thank you for taking the time to post, There are tremendous opportunities for growth and development at Clean Harbors, if you want it. As an employee here, you will gain more knowledge about the industry more than you expect, and plenty of great co-workers to help you along.
- 2.0Jul 15, 2014Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
My department has been great for needing personal time and most of the people are great.
CEO does not care about employees or rewarding said employees. the process have changed becoming more time consuming with no added benefit to employee or the company. No raise will be provided for 2 years but executive upper management get their toys and bonuses.2
- 5.0Jun 17, 2016Welder Fitter Or MaintenanceFormer Contractor, more than 5 yearsEl Dorado, AR
great people and they have supervisor that care about there employers
The health hazards and not getting the job