Clarius Mobile Health Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Clarius Mobile Health Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2019

Found 11 reviews

4.5
Clarius Mobile Health CEO Laurent Pelissier (no image)
Laurent Pelissier

"Former Engineer"

I worked at Clarius Mobile Health

Pros

Good manager, people are respectful, interesting high quality product, good hardware technology,

Cons

Nothing I can think of, overall a good company

Clarius Mobile Health2019-04-12

"Not bad"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Clarius Mobile Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Pretty chill - CEO keeps you up to date with company status

Cons

- need better management - better financial planning

Clarius Mobile Health2019-03-19

"Great colleagues and a great place to work"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Burnaby, BC

I have been working at Clarius Mobile Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The product is amazing. If you join the app team, you will immediately see your impact in the next release cycle. - Clarius has a ton of images. This is an amazing opportunity for aspiring data scientists to have an impact in the biomedical field. - The management is extremely understanding and sensitive to the needs of employees.

Cons

Since Clarius is a startup, you might be asked to develop software in addition to data science projects. This might not be appealing to advanced degree holders who are only interested in machine learning related projects.

Clarius Mobile Health2018-05-28

"Perfect Company for Aspiring Leaders"

I have been working at Clarius Mobile Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Clarius is coming out of startup phase and entering into a real player into the portable ultrasound world. It's technology clearly outperforms competition and it's ongoing projects aim to maintain leadership in the medical imaging space. Though a young company, it has some experienced talent that has cumulative experience of probably 200+ years in the ultrasound industry, and this comes from just a few key employees. That being said, there are many potential leadership roles, as well as new engineering roles that will need to be filled over the coming years as the company continues to blossom. Just announced they received another $6M in funding after 1 year of sales, so things are definitely looking good!

Cons

Great leadership, but needs additional personnel to deal with planning of upcoming large scale projects.

Clarius Mobile Health2018-05-16

"Big potential & big challenges"

I have been working at Clarius Mobile Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

inspiring company to be apart of lots of work to do that is very intellectually challenging great team of people to work with everyday - everyone is smart!

Cons

it's a startup, personally i think its a great thing, but...if you haven't been involved in one (do some due diligence before jumping in!) otherwise you might be afraid of doing lots of different roles at the same time and not having corporate norms to guide you.

Clarius Mobile Health2018-05-08

"Great Opportunities and Atmosphere"

I have been working at Clarius Mobile Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Diverse team with a lot of really bright people from all over the globe. Great opportunities for progression if you are a hard worker. Top management is receptive to input from anyone. Discussions are very productive since anyone can voice their opinion and be heard. Super friendly atmosphere. Having worked in a range of workplaces from multi-nationals to Mom & Pop shops, I can truthfully say this place is the best yet. Very flexible with accommodating work-life balance. Opportunity to work on a wide-variety of tasks rather than a small group of mundane tasks. Tons of collaborative work. I disagree with an earlier post that says otherwise. You can't complain about not working from home and be collaborative at the same time. Be present and actively engaged with others and there is tons of collaboration. I personally have had to work from home numerous times and it has never been an issue. The company works incredibly fast and is very focused on continual development.

Cons

There was a small hiccup in 2018 but the company has learned from it and is stronger than ever.

Clarius Mobile Health2018-04-25

"Concerning Direction"

I have been working at Clarius Mobile Health full-time

Pros

Fascinating Technology Cool industry Decent salary Passionate CEO There were some toxic managers who have since been 'removed'.

Cons

Zero culture, or understanding of what workplace culture even is No work life balance Employees are not encouraged to collaborate or mingle Zero opportunity to work from home Toxic managers

Clarius Mobile Health2018-04-11

Clarius Mobile Health Response

April 25, 2018Chairman and CEO

I am sorry to hear we are failing to meet your expectations in terms of workplace culture, work environment and opportunity to work from home. Working from home is not always possible, it depends on what you do. It looks like the relationship with your manager isn't adequate. I very much encourage you to try and have a frank discussion with him/her about your unhappiness at work and what you would like to see changed. If that is not possible, at least bring this up with HR to see if we can improve things for you. This negative review may be your "last resort" but without knowing the specifics, it won’t be much help and you will remain unhappy at work... A company with “zero culture” doesn’t exist. At Clarius, we are building a culture of respect, open communication, flexibility and friendly relationships. We obviously also value hard work. While senior management sets the general tone for the Culture, really, the Culture comes from the people we hire. Everyone, including you, participates in the Company Culture. It’s not just all the events and lunch breaks or perks we organize for our people that creates the culture – it’s the everyday interactions and how we try to stick together as a group to help each other out - how we are all focusing together on improving Healthcare by introducing unique amazing technologies and providing amazing service. In your case, I think we probably failed to convey that internal open communication is most efficient to get your concerns addressed. I encourage you to do this – communicate your concerns, communicate with HR. If after that we still fail to listen and address your issues, maybe the job is not for you and you sure should find something else to do – life is too short to be miserable at work. Thanks, Laurent

"Awesome"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Clarius Mobile Health

Pros

Very knowledgeable people. You can learn a lot. Nice working environment. Fast growing.

Cons

Low wages but hope it will change soon as the company is growing fast.

Clarius Mobile Health2017-09-24

"Engineer"

I have been working at Clarius Mobile Health full-time

Pros

Small startup and full of energy, R&D on leading medical technology. Lot of freedom to to explore leading technology into application

Cons

still small and need to strengthen the organization

Clarius Mobile Health2016-11-06

"Well Manage Company"

Current Employee - Technician

I have been working at Clarius Mobile Health full-time

Pros

Clarius is a start up medical device manufacturer. The company is well funded, young and innovative. All of the staff is knowlegeable and well trained. An ISO 13845 accredited facility.Focus on product quality. More room for growth. Superb communication between management and staff. The company of the future.

Cons

The only cons is the company still small but it can grow into exponential rate.

Clarius Mobile Health2016-06-03