Clarion Medical Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great, dynamic organization"

Current Employee - Product Sales
    Current Employee - Product Sales

Pros

I have been with the company for 4 years and believe that the Senior Executive team is honest and transparent. They truly know how to balance their drive for a sales/profit driven organization with their strong people focus and desire to create a positive team environment. In the past 2 years they have done more for their employees than I have ever seen any company do in this industry. They have engaged an outside company to measure employee satisfaction and have implemented measures to address any issues that came up.
    It is not an environment for slackers. It is a high performance organization and if you are not willing to roll-up your sleeves and get the job done, perhaps this is not a company for you. But if you are a skilled industry professional and a person motivated by success, this company will reward you generously in every way: financially, intellectually and personally.

Cons

Some sales tools/resources are still missing to fully enable the sales force but it is moving in the right direction and getting better every quarter.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you have been doing in the past 12 months. Your are on the right track to growing a very successful organization with happy employees.

2. "Account Manager"

I worked at Clarion Medical Technologies full-time

Pros

Wide variety of products to choose from, reps work together

Cons

Lack of transparency, constantly changing portfolios

Advice to Management

Have a support system in place and be transparent about company changes

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON

Pros

Company is involved in bringing innovative new technologies and services into the Canadian Healthcare market

Cons

It is a distributor so there is always a risk that some of distribution contracts can be cancelled but this has not been an issue so far.

Advice to Management

Always keep you eye on the market and make sure we are bringing the latest and newest proven products into the market

"Big changes in the company culture"

I have been working at Clarion Medical Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great innovative and unique products that truly make a difference to patient's and doctor's. The company has worked hard to change the culture and create a great work environment, both for the inside and outside team, like it had been in the past No micro-managing and leaders trust the employees. A huge change compared to 2 years ago. Those who are not happy and engaged are now the small minority. Love what I do and who I work with now.

Cons

Smaller company means less resources, especially an active and passionate sales organization like this one. A lot of information/products to know and a lot of self-learning expected. Not like a big medical company that gives lots of regular training BUT also not like a big medical company that over-manages and cuts layers of people regularly.

Advice to Management

Keep on the same path that has allowed you to re-shape the company's culture and gain loyalty from your employees.

"Sales Consultant"

Pros

I've worked for several other companies (small to large) and although the company isn't perfect its a good company. They are constantly looking for new technologies. At times they are too new for some technologies but I'd rather be first than last. The company cares about its customers. My co-workers are nice and try to help as much as possible. The managers don't micro-manage and give me enough freedom. The pay and benefits are good.

Cons

Sometimes too many products. Requires a lot of time to learn all the different products.

Advice to Management

More sales training would be great.

"Great Company, Great Future"

I have been working at Clarion Medical Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Since I started at Clarion my experience has been fantastic. I read some of the negative reviews and wonder are these people working for the same company. From top to bottom the people here are a joy to work with. Given it's a smaller company everyone has a voice and can make a difference if they have the right attitude. A number of people take this opportunity and thrive. Others don't and end up being negative on this site. It's a fast pace environment and a growing company with a number of opportunities. The work is challenging in my area and it appears challenging to those I interact with as well.

Cons

This company has been around for a long time and continues to grow so there are always some areas of improvement. Has there been turnover. Yes. Has the turnover been voluntary or involuntary? I believe it's mostly involuntary due to performance or attitude and the executives are just trying to clean up things to make it better for others and are succeeding in this.

Advice to Management

Keep on the same path. Continue to listen to employees and customers and recruit the best talent into Clarion while weeding out any remaining negative and under-performing people not trying to make a difference I see in some of these reviews.

"Culture problem"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Clarion Medical Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Met some great people along the way.

Cons

The culture in this company is the worst I have ever seen. It shows in everything that you will read in the reviews: from employees being asked to post comments to increase their score to employees being let go for voicing concerns about internal processes and how to improve things to employees who have no empowerment to get things done because they fear consequences. Their customers even refuse to do business with them! The culture in this company stems from a few of the key shareholders who instill fear into their teams. They can fire and blame many people but the fact that the problems continue to persist shows that things will continue to spiral downwards until management changes. When I say management, I mean the C-suite who want foot soldiers rather than people who care enough to offer ways to improve things; people who ask you to work weekends and late nights but then punish you for taking time to see your son's school concert; people who don't engage their workforce to drive results but nurture an environment where everyone is afraid to do the wrong thing. Until the executives face the fact that they are the problem, they will NEVER solve their issues.

Advice to Management

Stop blaming others for their toxic behaviour and look at yourselves as the owners of the culture. Your behaviours drive the culture!! Time to take a hard look at yourselves and get feedback on how to instill an work environment that nurtures team work and empowerment. The success will come after that happens.
    Unfortunately. Your egos are your biggest roadblock. Good luck!!

"My experience at Clarion"

Current Employee - Employee in Cambridge, ON
    Current Employee - Employee in Cambridge, ON

I have been working at Clarion Medical Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love to work for Clarion. Been in the industry for several years and with different employers. Clarion is small enough to care for it's employees. You are not just a number here. Your ideas and feedback are important and listened to. The culture has changed over the last year or two. Some 'toxic' people are finally gone. The mood is positive, the atmosphere is friendly and professional and we finally see a lot of collaboration across departments.

Cons

The workload is definitely high and being quarterly focused, month-ends and quarter-ends are busy. Resources have been an issue in the past year due to reorganization but there is light at the end of the tunnel with re-hiring the right people with the right attitude.

Advice to Management

Better product launch processes. Continue to bring new products and develop your employees. I've never seen a company that invest in personnel development as much as Clarion.

"Administration"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, ON

I worked at Clarion Medical Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits and perks are great. They provide great service for the products they sell.

Cons

No leadership. Management has lied about merging with US company when in fact, they were bought out by Alpheon. Huge turn over.

Advice to Management

Do a 360 on your Managers and listen to what the employees are saying

"Don't promote from within"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Cambridge, ON
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Cambridge, ON

I have been working at Clarion Medical Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

Very little to say here.

Cons

Disorganized, arrogant management group. The entire office staff is constantly stressed and feel like they're under a microscope. No matter how hard you work here, you will never get promoted from within. If you want to advance in your career, apply elsewhere ASAP. Even customers have a negative view of this company resulting from constant staff turnover, mismanagement and unfulfilled promises.

Advice to Management

Create a vision and then make a plan. Stick to your plan, don't change gears reactively every month or every quarter. This approach doesn't work.