Clarion Medical Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Clarion Medical Technologies Reviews

Updated Nov 11, 2019

2.9
Clarion Medical Technologies CEO Samson Ling  (no image)
Samson Ling
  1. "High Engagement"

Current Employee - Human Resources Director

I have been working at Clarion Medical Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Senior Leadership Team, Career Development, Integrity & Accountability

Cons

Needs to be a higher focus on safety

Advice to Management

Keep doing the right things!

Clarion Medical Technologies2019-11-11

"Terrible culture"

Current Employee - N/A

I have been working at Clarion Medical Technologies full-time

Pros

Pay; expense report; work life balance; events you get to go to

Cons

Terrible culture; incompetent management; "high school clique"; no support from team or management; gossiping about other employees

Advice to Management

The company is so called all about "culture" but this has been the worst culture I have experienced in my career thus far. There's a high turn over at this company so my advice would be to look closely at the people in the company because they are the problem; so much gossip and negativity working at Clarion.

Clarion Medical Technologies2019-11-07

"A lot could improve"

I have been working at Clarion Medical Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some managers really care about employees and growth. However they are often halted by senior leadership.

Cons

Minimal vacation time with no signs of changing, pay structure seems to be based on years with the company rather than quality of work. Pretty much no room for growth. Senior Leadership pretends they want to see you grow but provide no opportunity to do so and in fact limit growth when requested. The company is growing significantly but does not reward its employees or commpensate them who are now overworked as... a result.

Advice to Management

Senior leadership should give employees a reason to stay with compensation or vacation time if they are performing above average consistently.

Clarion Medical Technologies2018-11-01

"There's good, and there's bad."

Current Employee - Service in Cambridge, ON

I have been working at Clarion Medical Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have mixed feelings about working here. Clarion is undergoing enormous growth and success which reflects positively on the morale. The company is lead by a vibrant president who cares about his employees as much as he does the business. The total compensation package is one of the best out there: profit sharing, performance bonus, wellness account, 100% paid benefits and competitive pension matching.

Cons

I'm hesitant to give Clarion a high rating because of the disjointed company culture. It's odd that almost half the in-office staff are in leadership roles yet the company is structured in a way where it's difficult for one to develop their career or receive a promotion. There's a clash of personalities between the in-office staff and external sales team. And the worst of it - bashing, gossip and down-talking of... fellow employees and departments.

Advice to Management

A strong compensation package is a great basis for a retention strategy, but in the end employees don’t leave companies, they leave management.

Clarion Medical Technologies2018-08-24
  5. "Account Manager"

I worked at Clarion Medical Technologies full-time

Pros

Wide variety of products to choose from, reps work together

Cons

Lack of transparency, constantly changing portfolios

Advice to Management

Have a support system in place and be transparent about company changes

Clarion Medical Technologies2017-09-17

"Great, dynamic organization"

Product Sales

I have been working at Clarion Medical Technologies

Pros

I have been with the company for 4 years and believe that the Senior Executive team is honest and transparent. They truly know how to balance their drive for a sales/profit driven organization with their strong people focus and desire to create a positive team environment. In the past 2 years they have done more for their employees than I have ever seen any company do in this industry. They have engaged an... outside company to measure employee satisfaction and have implemented measures to address any issues that came up. It is not an environment for slackers. It is a high performance organization and if you are not willing to roll-up your sleeves and get the job done, perhaps this is not a company for you. But if you are a skilled industry professional and a person motivated by success, this company will reward you generously in every way: financially, intellectually and personally.

Cons

Some sales tools/resources are still missing to fully enable the sales force but it is moving in the right direction and getting better every quarter.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you have been doing in the past 12 months. Your are on the right track to growing a very successful organization with happy employees.

Clarion Medical Technologies2016-09-18

"Sales"

Sales in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Clarion Medical Technologies

Pros

Company is involved in bringing innovative new technologies and services into the Canadian Healthcare market

Cons

It is a distributor so there is always a risk that some of distribution contracts can be cancelled but this has not been an issue so far.

Advice to Management

Always keep you eye on the market and make sure we are bringing the latest and newest proven products into the market

Clarion Medical Technologies2016-08-17

"Big changes in the company culture"

I have been working at Clarion Medical Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great innovative and unique products that truly make a difference to patient's and doctor's. The company has worked hard to change the culture and create a great work environment, both for the inside and outside team, like it had been in the past No micro-managing and leaders trust the employees. A huge change compared to 2 years ago. Those who are not happy and engaged are now the small minority. Love what I... do and who I work with now.

Cons

Smaller company means less resources, especially an active and passionate sales organization like this one. A lot of information/products to know and a lot of self-learning expected. Not like a big medical company that gives lots of regular training BUT also not like a big medical company that over-manages and cuts layers of people regularly.

Advice to Management

Keep on the same path that has allowed you to re-shape the company's culture and gain loyalty from your employees.

Clarion Medical Technologies2016-08-16

"Sales Consultant"

I have been working at Clarion Medical Technologies

Pros

I've worked for several other companies (small to large) and although the company isn't perfect its a good company. They are constantly looking for new technologies. At times they are too new for some technologies but I'd rather be first than last. The company cares about its customers. My co-workers are nice and try to help as much as possible. The managers don't micro-manage and give me enough freedom. The pay... and benefits are good.

Cons

Sometimes too many products. Requires a lot of time to learn all the different products.

Advice to Management

More sales training would be great.

Clarion Medical Technologies2016-08-08