Clarabridge Reviews

Updated Aug 9, 2021

Found 129 of over 138 reviews

4.0
Clarabridge CEO Mark Bishof (no image)
Mark Bishof
Pros
  • "In addition to renovating our work space and providing standing desks, Clarabridge boasts free snacks and beverages - including fruit(in 13 reviews)

• "Exciting industry of customer experience and text analytics(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "If done by upper management or high-level performers, this behavior is all but tolerated and ignored(in 9 reviews)

• "The great work/life myth that is "unlimited PTO" falls short when free time is spent catching up on unpaid duties that benefit no one but superiors(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Engineering Leadership respects engineers

Sep 18, 2020 - Software Engineer in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've found myself to be well heard and respected in this company throughout my short stay here. The tech is good but still growing, so there's lots of opportunity to make an impact. I like my managers, so overall it's a pretty good company to work for.

Cons

Multiple teams overseas, so it can be hard to work with the time difference. Location could be better.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Clarabridge is a great place to work

Aug 3, 2021 - Business Consultant in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO (which they encourage you to take!), fun culture, summer fridays (half days), inspiring colleagues who share the work they’ve done.

Cons

Leadership has been pretty adamant about returning to the office, despite the threat of the delta variant. HR department is not well run and it can be hard to get information from them. Sometimes BCs have to work very long work weeks, but our managers try to advocate for us and get our hours down to a reasonable amount.

3 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company, great culture, great product/service, great team

Aug 9, 2021 - Senior Account Development Representative in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team culture with perks, work/like balance, well being, good commissions

Cons

HQ is in the US, tend to prioritize those in HQ rather than those in EMEA

4. 5.0

Great Company

Aug 3, 2021 - Associate Business Consultant in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Unlimited PTO - Great Benefits - Easy Promotion Ladder

Cons

Nothing I can really think of

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

My Opinion...

Jul 7, 2021 - Customer Service
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very encouraging Open Communication Good team building activities

Cons

Can take a bit of time until career progression

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Company in DMV

May 14, 2021 - Cloud Engineer in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Upper management encourages learning and advancement. I have learned more in 6 months in Clarabridge than what I have learned in a few years at other companies. The work is very technical, and it will keep you on your toes. Tons of collaboration between teams, providing the opportunity to learn new technology from others. Lots of opportunities to get involved in many projects.

Cons

You have to take time to learn new technology. This may require extra hours after work to learn new skillsets. They give you the tools (ie online learning resources), you have to put the time in.

7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Worst job experience I ever had

May 15, 2021 - Software Engineer in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

If providing free snacks is a Pro then that's all are the pro points. Although I can afford my own snacks. Just saying!

Cons

1. Sexist and extremely partial engineering department. I can't stress enough that I had the worst experience as a fresher in this company with zero confidence boosting work. In fact, the managers are extremely rampant and favoritism exist in Clarabridge's DNA. 2. The management here is so dysfunctional that you might consider leaving the team in 4-5 months of joining. This is an extremely slow moving start up with long projects and less productivity rate. 3. Extremely unfavorable environment to create your own space and grow in career. The team assumes that you know all the technologies and should deliver 200% of your abilities although you just started off. 4. You need to show off more often that ever. Clarabridge believes more in the presentation rather than implementation. For eg if you are a good employee but not a great self praiser you can be fired but if you work less and just know how to show off you can do very well in this company! 5. They pay peanuts! For the work I do now I get paid double the amount than what I did for Clarabridge. 6. You can function well in the company only if you ask questions - but mind you, you'll be very often judged on how many and what kind of questions you ask ultimately declaring you as a dummy who is just not good enough. 7. Lastly, do expect that the HR team will try to disregard all the cons of the company by replying to this post - but no matter how good they try to portray the company, it's an awful workplace with people with huge egos!

5 people found this review helpful

Clarabridge Response

Hr Generalist

We are surprised to hear this was your experience while you were on the Engineering team at Clarabridge. Not only do we foster an environment of inclusiveness and welcome diversity, but we also offer multiple channels of feedback where employees can voice their concerns in a discreet fashion. If this was indeed your experience, we wish you would’ve raised this during your employment and given us an opportunity to properly address it. Our Engineering team is full of many talented people from all different backgrounds, experiences and walks of life - our product wouldn’t be a leader in our industry without them, their passion and hard work. To that note, we are a fast paced and progressive organization, that is performance driven which is also a very important part of our culture and values. While the feedback we receive from our employees does not align with your experience, we will always continue do better and be better for our employees. We wish you all the best.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company even better timing

Mar 8, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company has a straight edge approach with all the tech perks we love. The CXA product has been leading the industry for quite some time which makes it easier to sell and the Engage product is quickly gaining market share in the US. This company is doing phenomenal work and is building a successful business model, regardless of what's going on in the economy I've always had a sense of job security which can't be said for large companies that are in huge amounts of debt or overvalued. If you work well remotely you will succeed here and most importantly learn new skills to add to your arsenal. I genuinely believe we have two special products and if we continue on this trajectory we will become a global household name.

Cons

The company is still small so the resources of larger companies aren't here - I think this applies more to remote workers. If you work at the HQ in Reston I think you have a much easier onboarding. With that said once you navigate through the beginning clutter, you will love it. I think this isn't unique to Clarabridge but just challenges that naturally come with companies getting out of that startup phase.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Great place to work

Mar 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

young team, exciting technology, great culture

Cons

wage transparency, absence of local HR

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great company and unlimited opportunity

Jan 11, 2021 - Account Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A vast amount of products and services to sell. Easier entry into accounts at C level Innovative.

Cons

Lot of processes to follow.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 129 Reviews