Found 908 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about City of Hope
4 months ago
Hello! I recently moved from NYC to Anaheim, CA. Any recommendations on which hospitals to work for or avoid? I am looking into Kaiser, Providence, Memorial Care and City of Hope. I have 6 years of ICU experience and I also have my FNP..waiting for CA NP endorsement.
6 months ago
I was offered a job at Kaiser for on call and a job at city of hope full time for $1 less. I’m conflicted on which job to choose. Which hospital would offer me better opportunities in the future and which would be the better choice overall? I appreciate any input.
a year ago
Clinical Medical Assistant
I’m a certified MA currently working as a temp doing surgery scheduling. I was hired through a third party and placed at City of Hope. I love the company and everything they have to offer but I am still not sure if they will be hiring me on permanently, even though they are constantly singing my praises and repeating “just wait”. Point being…I’m a mom and a homeowner and can’t afford to “just wait” I need solid answers. Will I have a permanent position? Do I need to look elsewhere?
Got a burning question about City of Hope? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with City of Hope employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "People were nice and supportive" (in 76 reviews)
- "they provide a good benefit" (in 49 reviews)
- "The campus is beautiful and some of the newer buildings are really nice to work in." (in 30 reviews)
- "Good pay compared to other institutes in the area" (in 26 reviews)
- "great coworkers; that's about it" (in 23 reviews)
- "Individual departments have poor management and employees don't have a voice in improving workflow." (in 40 reviews)
- "Parking is terrible so you may have to walk 15 minutes to get from the parking lot to your office." (in 22 reviews)
- "Upper management is absolutely abusive to many of their supportive staff." (in 22 reviews)
- "low salary and compensation package" (in 20 reviews)
- "Poor communication, too many meetings, too many managers." (in 19 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of City of Hope and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Jan 20, 2013ElectricianCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsHope, BC
good benefits great opportunities gret place to live and work
no cons awesome place. cant complain about anything
- 4.0Sept 30, 2023Registered Nurse, BSNCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsAtlanta, GA
The patients are what keeps me there! They are grateful, more so than at other facilities. Everything under one roof so facility tries to meet the patient needs-scans, homeopath, nutrition, chiropractor- all on campus. The facility is nice, non hospital feeling. Hotel on site for sick patients who need to stay close. Overall employees are kind to other teams. It’s more so that way than at other facilities. We were recently bought out so it’s becoming less family and more business. We used to have free lunches now and again or other treats. That is no longer. Good deals for employees if they need medical care here. Pharmacy co pay minimal fo employees
Have had five bosses in 3 years and am now on fourth director. They give you more responsibilities but no time to do it. Don’t listen to how staffing shortages are very challenging. Patients may have an hour or longer wait lately bc of the need for staff. MAs are under used. Management /leadership is often in staffing so are not leading. Do not feel supported or listened to.1
- 2.0Nov 7, 2023EducatorCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
The pay is good, and the fellow team mates are great to work with every day.
The manager and supervisor are degrading when you reach out or don’t agree. The supervisor doesn’t care about your input and fails to communicate clear directive. You can’t go to your manager in reference to the behavior from supervisor because the favoritism.
- 4.0Nov 20, 2023Medical Coding educatorFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Excellent pay scale Generous education reimbursement Flexible schedule
Abysmally slow onboarding (over one month) Unresponsive HR department Lack of structured policies
- 5.0Nov 24, 2023Postdoctoral FellowCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearDuarte, CA
Salary Benefits Health insurance Environment Internationalization
No cons to report about City of Hope
City of Hope Reviews FAQs
City of Hope has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 1,007 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at City of Hope to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
73% of City of Hope employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated City of Hope 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.