Citizens Bank Reviews

3.3
Citizens Bank CEO Bruce Van Saun
Bruce Van Saun
Pros
Cons
  • "Sales goals were sometimes unrealistic(in 113 reviews)

• "Upper Management sometimes disconnect with what retail life really looks like(in 108 reviews)

1. "Model Risk Manager Salary"

Current Employee - Model Risk Manager

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great environment and culture. Have great benefits as well.

Cons

Nothing really. Overall great company to work for.

August 13, 2019Project Manager

Thanks for posting, and for running those financial models! Keep up the great work.

2. "Great Data Science Team"

Current Employee - Data Science Intern in Providence, RI

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time

Pros

Good communication, strong teamwork and dedicated to digital transformation

Cons

More traditional firm, slower on technological updates

3. "Even in tough times this is a great place to work!"

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The culture at this company is fantastic. We care about our Colleagues, Community and Customers - and these aren't just words. As COVID hit the first priority was ensuring that the colleagues were safe and then we made sure we continued to deliver for our customers too. If you want to work for a company with a heart, come here.

Cons

Technology isn't the best and can be frustrating. That said we have just heard of a roll out of new technology upgrades and equipment that I hope will improve this.

Continue reading
  4. "Early Career Colleague"

Current Employee - Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Citizens is an amazing place to start your career. As a recent college grad, I was nervous starting work in the financial services industry. The early career development I have been given so far is something that can not be matched. It is so valuable and being able to work with people my own age has been nothing short of a completely smooth transition. I am kept busy day to day, have access to senior leaders at all times, and have made friends along the way. I couldn't be more grateful to start my career at Citizens.

Cons

You will be challenged to manage your time but it is all part of the learning process

5. "Citizens Bank"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good culture, fair salary and benefits.

Cons

Branch environment can be difficult

6. "Communication from the top leadership on down needs improvement"

2.0
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Cleveland, OH
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing people on the front lines Flexibility Non-Proprietary platform for insurance products

Cons

Limitations on Managed Accounts platform Management showed very poor communication Need more support for the advisors if they want to recruit and retain top talent Difficulty communicating with back office support when opening new accounts

7. "Great culture."

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time

Pros

Community outreach. Great relationships. Busy.

Cons

Training is disjointed. Expect to hit the ground at 100mph even when unsure of processes. A bit of a disconnect from top to bottom.

August 3, 2020Project Manager

Thanks for sharing a review with us! We totally agree — the culture and outreach to the communities we work and live in makes working here special. Keep up the great work serving our Pittsburgh customers, and have a wonderful day.

8. "Sales in a Slowly Dying Industry"

Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time

Pros

PTO + Vacation Work/Life Balance Decent place to work without requiring degree High Turnover creates quick path upward Typically fast pace if you are a good manager Opportunity to grow colleagues and coach 1 on 1

Cons

Customers given incentive to do all account openings online by the same company micro-managing your daily sales. Retail Banking slowly dying therefore pressure keeps mounting with less and less opportunity. High Turnover creates instability and burnout Very disorganized with new initiatives - Flavor of the Week Upper Management sometimes disconnect with what retail life really looks like Pulled in 100 different directions everyday

9. "Good Culture"

Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company says they care about their employees and backs it up with their actions. The total compensation is competitive.

Cons

It's a sales job at the end of the day. There are constant sales pressures that make you lose site of focusing on what's best for the customer. Technology is under revamping so this both a pro and con. They are trying but the process is rough.

July 21, 2020Project Manager

We're happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and appreciated our supportive culture. Thanks for sharing your comments with us — thoughtful feedback like this helps us improve. A lot of analysis and thought goes into our sales goals, and most of our colleagues hit their goals each month. We'd love to hear more about your thoughts on how to revamp training. Please call us via Right Call at 1-877-495-4727 to share more information, so we can better our process!

10. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Johnston, RI
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time

Pros

Johnston campus is beautiful, competitive salary

Cons

Technology is behind, culture is lacking

July 21, 2020Project Manager

Thanks for posting a review! We're happy you like working here and are enjoying the Johnston Campus — it's so scenic in the summer! Know that we've doubled our investment in technology and are on a journey to transform our tech across the company. Many of these improvements will make things easier for our colleagues, so stay tuned. Have a wonderful day!

Found 2201 reviews