Found 29,312 of over 33K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Citi offers good benefits and if you are a new hire you will get paid much more than an existing employee" (in 2226 reviews)
- "The people you work with can be great and when that happens work can be really fun." (in 1602 reviews)
- "Work life balance is good but it all depends on where you work and at your managers discretion." (in 1524 reviews)
- "The pay is good and the facilties we are provided with are also good enough." (in 1122 reviews)
- "Good culture and not too busy" (in 1009 reviews)
- "The management was poor Very bureaucratic system with poor communication within management vertices and across teams" (in 975 reviews)
- "(in 902 reviews) Sometimes the work can be long hours and stressful depending on which departments you are in" (in 680 reviews)
- "1. Managers in certain pockets can be bad or inexperienced" (in 569 reviews)
- "It's January and we got the news about why are bonuses are low because of the Consent Order from the U.S. Government." (in 476 reviews)
- "Extended working hours are glorified" (in 473 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Citi and is not affected by filters.
- 2.0Oct 27, 2023Assistant Vice President - TechnologyCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMississauga, ON
- Latest Tech stack - Challenging problems to solve - Huge data to deal with which is Great
- POOR work life balance - Dev doesn't get requirements. QA doesn't get handover on time. BA's doesn't know business. Manager doesn't know management - Process is extremely bad which leads to bad team performance - Managers and BA's don't know what they doing - Culture of working hard but not smart. A task which will take just 1 month for rollout will take 4 months because of inefficient process - Managers and heads take feedback but NOTHING is done - They expect to work on Sunday as well many times with no compensation - Late evening/night calls and meetings are normal6
- 1.0Aug 4, 2023Technology ManagementFormer Employee, more than 1 yearMississauga, ON
Citi’s overall compensation is competitive.
Most of Citi’s 1 and 2 star reviews I've read on this site are absolutely true. - Low diversity - Terrible work/life balance - The worst on-boarding experience - No documentation, training, or peers who can provide you information. - no manager 1-1s - No collaboration, teams work in silos, with no vision. - multiple contradictory decision makers. - EPMO and PMO adds zero value in this organization - ICRM is the worst of all. This unit alone adds more risk to Citi, possibly costing the firm 10 time more than any other bank , while bringing in no revenue. - no checks and balances. - unclear roles and responsibilities - no accountability and ownership - major lack of trust at all levels - no one seems to know why they do what they do. - Sr Management in the USA advise employees to just do what you are told. - numerous compliance courses to complete every month that no one seems to adhere to. - ICRM violates they own policies and HR is complicit. - the whole organization works like paper pushers8
- 2.0Nov 7, 2023Customer Service RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsMississauga, ON
Lots to learn, great knowledge on financial services, remote
- low pay , micro management, very fast paced , very little or no work life balance1
Citi Reviews FAQs
Citi has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 33,431 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at Citi to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
75% of Citi employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Citi 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.