Cirrus Logic Design Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 13 reviews

4.4
Cirrus Logic CEO Jason P. Rhode
Jason P. Rhode
  1. "Good work environment"

Former Intern - Analog Design Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Cirrus Logic for less than a year

Pros

Good teams for an analog intern. Organized intern learning and fun activities. Colleagues are supportive .

Cons

There aren't many new hire positions

Cirrus Logic2019-04-26
  2. "Great place to work"

Former Intern - Digital Design Engineer in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at Cirrus Logic for less than a year

Pros

Great food and coffee Free guitar lessons Fun and laid-back atmosphere Strong team spirit Excellent modern office with gym and dining

Cons

Very limited on-site parking available

Cirrus Logic2018-11-13

"Great company to work for"

I have been working at Cirrus Logic full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good projects driven by strong customer demand and requirements. Good work culture. Good benefits and perks. Happy hours, rock concerts organized regularly. Guitar and fitness classes at work.

Cons

Commuting to downtown may be a hassle. Getting promoted up the hierarchy can take much longer than other companies. Tight deadlines and project schedules.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Plan for resource crunches well ahead of time. Expand chip portfolio. Higher more software folks. Promote manager from within.

Cirrus Logic2017-11-09

"Inconsistent and poor management."

Former Employee - Senior Design Verification Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Cirrus Logic full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have a nice office building in downtown, and the employees get pampered with many perks, including Happy Hour drinks, and tickets to musical events like SXSW.

Cons

The management is terribly inconsistent, fosters favoritism and there is plenty of politics. Good work is not acknowledged. Instead, in many groups, like the Design Verification group, some people in management with big egos target engineers towards their personal agendas. I was not even given a fair performance evaluation. The management can be very sneaky and dishonest. A few years earlier, I was made an offer in... their Tucson, AZ office. When I asked about sustainability of that business in Tucson, I was given a rosy picture. About 3 weeks after I was made that offer, they shut down the Tucson office. I'm glad I had not taken their offer! They have limited product offerings, in only a single market, with only one major customer.

Advice to Management

I would urge you to look at certain groups like the Design Verification group, in which some people get promoted to be managers only because they are technically good. It takes a lot more to be a good manager than technical competence.

Cirrus Logic2017-05-15

Cirrus Logic Response

June 13, 2017Corporate Communications Publisher

We welcome comments from our current employees as well as former employees such as yourself. We do think that the many perks such as the ones you mention are pretty cool and unique, and we’re always looking at new programs to enhance our corporate culture and employee engagement. ...

5. "Cool people, cool products, cool company"

Design Engineer in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at Cirrus Logic

Pros

Great company culture, people always have your back and are immensely helpful. The atmosphere is laid-back. Genuinely great products the company can be proud of. Very good graduate salary. Free snacks!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Cirrus Logic2017-02-26

Cirrus Logic Response

March 21, 2017Corporate Communications Publisher

Thank you for taking the time to give your review!

"Mixed Signal Intern"

Mixed Signal IC Design Engineer (Analog) in Austin, TX

I worked at Cirrus Logic

Pros

Free tix, beer, happy hours etc, to attract interns to join full time should they be offered.

Cons

The worst work-life balance, constant stress from layoffs (3 last year), unresponsive managers, and concentration on just one customer. Tier 2 managers are somewhat lazy, and are only around to make sure they can let people know their fate literally hangs in the balance. Forget Engg, even the HR got laid off here.

Advice to Management

Stick to the people you have, hire less, diversify more, use existing technology, and lessen scope for political layoffs and firings. Also, make the HR get better at continuing relations with past interns. No one cares much for the happy hours, beer and tix, if there's an axe waiting to fall on your head.

Cirrus Logic2015-11-20
  7. "Not sure"

I have been working at Cirrus Logic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work-life balance is the best I've ever experienced.

Cons

Have taken casual dress too far

Cirrus Logic2014-09-15

"Is it too much to ask for a simple Thank-you?"

Former Employee - Design Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Cirrus Logic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay is great. The perks are nice for single people who want to live in the downtown area. Good rewards from upper management and lots of fringe benefits. Easy access downtown to a lot of food joints. Happy hour on Fridays.

Cons

For family guys who don't drink, the perks aren't quite there. Managers need to be trained better. It was literally years between when a manager has said "Good Job", or "Thank-you" even after putting in 16 hour days for a few weeks to meet a deadline. There is a lack of positive feedback. Support from management just isn't there.

Advice to Management

Upper management does a good job of trying to convey a sense of caring about the employee. Cirrus needs to get that level of reward and feedback down at the first level managers. There is too much stress on the first level managers to turn in projects too quickly especially for the one big customer. Branch out, find more customers, and ease the stress of having just one customer that could break the company... completely with a decision to go another way. Stop concentrating on the "downtown" feel for the single guy and think about the guys with families.

Cirrus Logic2014-04-29
  9. "Engineer"

I have been working at Cirrus Logic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company benefits with happy hour every Friday. Lot of nice people to work with and flat management. Coworkers are nice, helpful, motivated and very efficient.

Cons

Can't think of it as of now

Advice to Management

None

Cirrus Logic2013-10-12
  10. "Cirrus knows audio"

Current Employee - Digital Design Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Cirrus Logic full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best part of life at cirrus is the coworkers. All pitch in to make the work and social life great.

Cons

At the time cirrus is a bit single focused. There is a bit of NIH syndrome that hinders smooth developments.

Advice to Management

Management need to keep their eyes open as to where the real value in the company is.

Cirrus Logic2013-05-24