Circus World Displays "team members" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Circus World Displays Employee Reviews about "team members"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Growing Company with Great Team"

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time

Pros

Supportive of personal and professional development including educational funding. Dedicated to sustainable growth as a company. Great team collaboration – fellow team members are fantastic. Company always looking to improve with feedback. Builds team through corporate/social events. Good training process for new employees.

Cons

Lack of resources – unable to achieve all goals and projects to the level they can be. At times lack of autonomy makes it difficult to efficiently complete tasks/projects. Rigid processes/ very structured work place – may not be suitable to everyone’s taste.

Advice to Management

Continue current track of listening to employee feedback for improvements. Steps to improve have been appreciated.

2. "Great Company for Internship or Co-op"

Current Intern - Quality Assurance Assistant in Niagara Falls, ON
    Current Intern - Quality Assurance Assistant in Niagara Falls, ON

I have been working at Circus World Displays as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I've the opportunity to work at this Company as an Intern. Over 4 months at CWD and I would say that I'm glad for this huge experience. CWD provides to the employee the appropriate training besides all of the tools that it is necessary for them. Also, the team members are always there to assist you whenever you need. Sincerely, I do enjoy the tasks that I've done and also the new stuffs that I learn day by day.
    It is great to have this kind of experience because we are able to learn a practical task in a real workplace and to see how everything works, since we learn the theory at the College. Also, I would say that I did increase my knowledge while working at CWD.

Cons

I do not have any cons so far.

3. "Great place to build your career!"

Current Employee - Current Employee
    Current Employee - Current Employee

Pros

Positive work environment, team orientated, training for team members,company events, monthly lunches, work life balance

Cons

I do not think there are any cons

5. "It's nice to look forward to going to work!"

Pros

Definitely find this company a "Family" environment. From the first day I had my first interview, I felt welcomed and part of the team. Little things like company picnics to random company sponsored luncheons to show staff appreciation make a huge impact on morale. Having management solicit and implement suggestions from team members shows that you are part of the company and not just a "number"

Cons

Smaller department sizes can lead to staffing issues due to absenteeism, but it is a minor obstacle.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

6. "Assistant Product Manager"

I worked at Circus World Displays full-time

Pros

Great company to get experience and learn from
    Great corporate culture, team events, training, friendly team members
    Young team

Cons

High employee turn over rates
    Poor employee retention
    Micro managing

Advice to Management

Invest in current employees, instead of hiring new all the time to replace. Keep up the good work in giving young people the opportunity to grow their careers at an excelerated rate.

"You must suffer for expérience... Right?? I think."

Former Employee - Administrative Professional
    Former Employee - Administrative Professional

Pros

-good for graduate (get your one or two years of expérience and move on)
    - team events (you will be talked into going if you say no)
    - Team members aside from management are amazing to work with. They are nice and will become family and most even hang out after leaving here (Survivors who live to tell and end up at companies who value them)

Cons

- Favorites. There are many employees at this company who are the favorites. If your not one you dont have à chance.
    - Board of directors two brothers. They don't see eye to eye frequently also they have little expérience outside of this company. One of them micromanages, thé other sets unrealistic deadlines. I worked directly under one.
    -Your life must be only CWD. They are mindful of who leaves at 5 on thé dot. If you aren't willing to work late you won't succeed. Many meetings will be booked after 5 or you wont get à meeting. Most positions are salary too so you lose money. They designed It that way. Not à good company to work at If you have à family.
    - They steal ideas. Not innovative. If another company is doing It thats what they will do. Not okay with new ideas and won't give you space to make your own decisions. You will be micromanaged. You cannot move forward as they won't show up for meetings or respond to emails.
    - More Interested in how you format correspondance than thé information inside.
    - You are being watched more than any other place. How many times you go to bathroom, etc. Cameras throughout building. They love to spy and doubt everyone.
    -Wages and reviews: your wage will only go so far. I had à review 2 years late and they waited and waited and was let go with no backpay right before. I only stayed bécause even with only cost of living increase I would of had à large backpay. Your review is à low priority and they say you will get backpay but thats If they dont let you go or you quit first.

Advice to Management

Let it go let it go... Let your employee make their own décisions.

Stop calling it à board of directors when clearly no one but family will hold that position.

Did anyone else notice most reviews of current employee is in November 2014. Most likely HR pushing towards trying to improve image. Even this is micromanaged.

8. "Great place to work from entry level up!"

Current Employee - Employee in Niagara Falls, ON
    Current Employee - Employee in Niagara Falls, ON

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive wages with a growing company. Upper management and CEO's know your name and you are treated as a person and not as a number. They often take time to speak to you and value your honest opinion. From day one I was welcomed by other team members and management with open arms and have never felt more comfortable in a career. It is a very fast paced environment, which may not be for everyone but it is that challenge, I crave. Job satisfaction and seeing the recognition for a job well done helps with self worth and who doesn't enjoy being praised or receiving koodos for a job well done? From entry level to mid and upper management there is room to grow within the company and they look to promote from within. With everything I have learned in my time here, I can honestly say this is the best job I have ever had and I am looking for a long term career here.

Cons

As with any small growing company, there is bound to be growing pangs, but if you take these lessons and learn you are better off and will get farther in life and in your career.

9. "Excellent Learning Opportunities"

Pros

There are many different positions so there is the ability to start in an entry level and work up. The company believes in internal promotion and allows applicants to come from different departments. As the company is rapidly growing there is room for employees to grow with it. Staff are very friendly and helpful for the most part which makes for a comfortable working situation.

Since the company is growing rapidly, there is a lot of learning opportunities for all team members of the company which makes coming into work each day interesting. The company is also always trying to improve operations to make everyone's job more efficient which allows team members to focus their efforts on more meaningful/interesting tasks.

Cons

Fast paced atmosphere may not be desirable by some people. It is a family owned company so sometimes you need to deal with conflicting requests by management.

The rapid growth sometimes means people need to think on their feet as there may not be procedures in place for everything that comes up. This can be a positive for some as it keeps things interesting but can also frustrate others.

10. "A great company that creates what's different."

Pros

- Company's policies and procedures make sense to me.
    - Individual differences are respected, valued and admired here.
    - Physical working conditions are very good.
    - Management is doing a good job attracting quality team members.

Cons

- Should have training provided by vendor/partner to employees for a 100% product know how.
    - Company should match current pay scale according to current salary standard on specific roles to retain quality team members.

Advice to Management

Management should continue their AFFILIATIVE style to maintain harmony with employees. People first, task second. Motivating keeping employees happy.