Circus World Displays "team members" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Circus World Displays Employee Reviews about "team members"

Updated Jul 19, 2019

Found 77 reviews

3.3
Circus World Displays CEO Raj Jain and Deepak Jain (no image)
Raj Jain and Deepak Jain
Pros
  • "CWD is a growth based comapny so you are always learning new things and they are open to new ways of achieving their goals(in 16 reviews)

• "Benefits for full time employees, established company, paid training and courses, company events a few times a year(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Stress can often be high in the wake of a fast paced and ever-growing/ever changing environment(in 7 reviews)

• "both managing directors asked current employees to write positive reviews on this site(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "team members"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Place"

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time

Pros

Supportive of personal and professional development. Great team collaboration . Company always looking to improve with feedback. Builds team through corporate events. Good training process for new employees. Management is very supportive.

Cons

-Lack of human capital and resources, unable to achieve all goals and projects to the level they can be. -Team members feel pressured to take part in after hours activities (training, events etc). Work life balance is difficult. - Moderate Compensation benefits.

Circus World Displays2018-03-19
  2. "Work Hard, Play Hard"

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time

Pros

- Lots of company paid training opportunities - Great team -Fun atmosphere (Monthly events)

Cons

- Work hours 8:15 am to 5 pm (9 to 5 would be nicer!) - Team members feel pressured to take part in after hours activities (training, events etc)

Circus World Displays2017-11-03
  3. "Growing Company with Great Team"

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time

Pros

Supportive of personal and professional development including educational funding. Dedicated to sustainable growth as a company. Great team collaboration – fellow team members are fantastic. Company always looking to improve with feedback. Builds team through corporate/social events. Good training process for new employees.

Cons

Lack of resources – unable to achieve all goals and projects to the level they can be. At times lack of autonomy makes it difficult to efficiently complete tasks/projects. Rigid processes/ very structured work place – may not be suitable to everyone’s taste.

Advice to Management

Continue current track of listening to employee feedback for improvements. Steps to improve have been appreciated.

Circus World Displays2016-12-12
  4. "Great place to build your career!"

Current Employee

I have been working at Circus World Displays

Pros

Positive work environment, team orientated, training for team members,company events, monthly lunches, work life balance

Cons

I do not think there are any cons

Circus World Displays2015-06-08
  5. "It's nice to look forward to going to work!"

I have been working at Circus World Displays

Pros

Definitely find this company a "Family" environment. From the first day I had my first interview, I felt welcomed and part of the team. Little things like company picnics to random company sponsored luncheons to show staff appreciation make a huge impact on morale. Having management solicit and implement suggestions from team members shows that you are part of the company and not just a "number"

Cons

Smaller department sizes can lead to staffing issues due to absenteeism, but it is a minor obstacle.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Circus World Displays2015-06-05

"You must suffer for expérience... Right?? I think."

Administrative Professional

I worked at Circus World Displays

Pros

-good for graduate (get your one or two years of expérience and move on) - team events (you will be talked into going if you say no) - Team members aside from management are amazing to work with. They are nice and will become family and most even hang out after leaving here (Survivors who live to tell and end up at companies who value them)

Cons

- Favorites. There are many employees at this company who are the favorites. If your not one you dont have à chance. - Board of directors two brothers. They don't see eye to eye frequently also they have little expérience outside of this company. One of them micromanages, thé other sets unrealistic deadlines. I worked directly under one. -Your life must be only CWD. They are mindful of who leaves at 5 on thé dot.... If you aren't willing to work late you won't succeed. Many meetings will be booked after 5 or you wont get à meeting. Most positions are salary too so you lose money. They designed It that way. Not à good company to work at If you have à family. - They steal ideas. Not innovative. If another company is doing It thats what they will do. Not okay with new ideas and won't give you space to make your own decisions. You will be micromanaged. You cannot move forward as they won't show up for meetings or respond to emails. - More Interested in how you format correspondance than thé information inside. - You are being watched more than any other place. How many times you go to bathroom, etc. Cameras throughout building. They love to spy and doubt everyone. -Wages and reviews: your wage will only go so far. I had à review 2 years late and they waited and waited and was let go with no backpay right before. I only stayed bécause even with only cost of living increase I would of had à large backpay. Your review is à low priority and they say you will get backpay but thats If they dont let you go or you quit first.

Advice to Management

Let it go let it go... Let your employee make their own décisions. Stop calling it à board of directors when clearly no one but family will hold that position. Did anyone else notice most reviews of current employee is in November 2014. Most likely HR pushing towards trying to improve image. Even this is micromanaged.

Circus World Displays2014-12-28
  7. "A place where you can make a difference"

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- A Toronto-like company in Niagara. Didn't need to leave home to do what I love. - People here are awesome to work with. Friendly, funny and unique. - Room to grow. The company is growing every year and believes in internal promotion, There are a lot of opportunities for someone to learn and move up even cross department. - Culture: great company events, contests, draws, parties, monthly lunches on the company,... example: costumes and department treat or treating on Halloween. - Training (paid training) has always been a part of CWD, if the employee inquired. Now they are even developing and suggesting training programs for employees to take advantage of. - Recognition programs - Half price on all CWD products, plus CWD bucks to use towards those already half price products. Stuff like: Home Theater speakers, docks, wireless technology, turntables, baby monitors, security systems.

Cons

Not cons, things to consider: - Face paced: team members must be adaptable, flexible, open minded, organized, manage & prioritize tasks - Be ready to work, show your value and contribute. No person here floats. - You can make a difference at this company if you try. You do need to put an effort in and give solutions, instead of complain. - Do not expect to come out of college/university and make the amount an... experienced professional in your field does. Also, Niagara region does not pay Toronto wages. - I'm sure like everywhere there are people who like to "hate the man". Stay away from Negative Nancy's they'll drag you down. - Company is lead by 2 managing directors who may not always be on the same page all the time. This can cause some bottlenecks in projects. Adapting to both different managing styles can also be a challenge, as their pace and processes are very different.

Advice to Management

- Keep on the path of investing in your employees and making CWD a social place. - Get rid of silly rules that make people grumble like coffee before 10am. Leave that with their managers. - Make sure everywhere has an understanding of where we are are going as a company and why. Invite them to share in that vision. - I suggest sprucing the buildings up a bit more

Circus World Displays2014-11-14
  8. "Great place to work from entry level up!"

Current Employee - Employee in Niagara Falls, ON

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive wages with a growing company. Upper management and CEO's know your name and you are treated as a person and not as a number. They often take time to speak to you and value your honest opinion. From day one I was welcomed by other team members and management with open arms and have never felt more comfortable in a career. It is a very fast paced environment, which may not be for everyone but it is... that challenge, I crave. Job satisfaction and seeing the recognition for a job well done helps with self worth and who doesn't enjoy being praised or receiving koodos for a job well done? From entry level to mid and upper management there is room to grow within the company and they look to promote from within. With everything I have learned in my time here, I can honestly say this is the best job I have ever had and I am looking for a long term career here.

Cons

As with any small growing company, there is bound to be growing pangs, but if you take these lessons and learn you are better off and will get farther in life and in your career.

Circus World Displays2014-11-12
  9. "Excellent Learning Opportunities"

I have been working at Circus World Displays

Pros

There are many different positions so there is the ability to start in an entry level and work up. The company believes in internal promotion and allows applicants to come from different departments. As the company is rapidly growing there is room for employees to grow with it. Staff are very friendly and helpful for the most part which makes for a comfortable working situation. Since the company is growing... rapidly, there is a lot of learning opportunities for all team members of the company which makes coming into work each day interesting. The company is also always trying to improve operations to make everyone's job more efficient which allows team members to focus their efforts on more meaningful/interesting tasks.

Cons

Fast paced atmosphere may not be desirable by some people. It is a family owned company so sometimes you need to deal with conflicting requests by management. The rapid growth sometimes means people need to think on their feet as there may not be procedures in place for everything that comes up. This can be a positive for some as it keeps things interesting but can also frustrate others.

Circus World Displays2014-11-10
  10. "A great company that creates what's different."

I have been working at Circus World Displays

Pros

- Company's policies and procedures make sense to me. - Individual differences are respected, valued and admired here. - Physical working conditions are very good. - Management is doing a good job attracting quality team members.

Cons

- Should have training provided by vendor/partner to employees for a 100% product know how. - Company should match current pay scale according to current salary standard on specific roles to retain quality team members.

Advice to Management

Management should continue their AFFILIATIVE style to maintain harmony with employees. People first, task second. Motivating keeping employees happy.

Circus World Displays2014-10-14