- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (More than a year)
1. Investment on employees - Everyone get funds to cover education/training anywhere from $1,000 to $5,000 per year.
2. Strong and Stable financially - Products are sold in all mass retail stores : BestBuy, Costco, Walmart, Babies R Us, Buy Buy Baby etc.
3. Opportunity of Growth - Employees can receive multiple promotions within few years, it's great to see employees jumping up the corporate ladder much faster in this company than other similar companies.
4. Great co-workers - They conduct multiple interviews to ensure every new employee is a good fit. They will let go a very poor performer. The end result is that you get to work with awesome group of people.
5. Region - You can live anywhere in St. Catherine or Niagara Falls and it won't take more than 10 minutes to drive to office. Peaceful region.
6. Job Security - As long as employees are performing and co-operating there are no surprise terminations. With Performance Review that company have in place, it is much easier for employees to understand the possibility of termination much before it actually happens.
1. Compensation - Low to Average range compensation. However, if you are great in your job you may get raise and promotion quite fast (1-2 years).
2. Extra Hours - Many salaried employees need to put in extra hours to cover up for open/vacant positions. No overtime payment for salaried employees.
3. Employee Shortage- There is always shortage of employee because of location. Sometimes one person is doing 2 people job hurts performance and work/life balance.
4. Minimalist office space - No carpet floor or fancy vending machines; More like a warehouse feeling
5. Aggressive company - Management is very passionate about business, and that translates to higher expectations from employees with aggressive approach from management to hold employees accountable. People with low ego and high performance tend to last longer.
6. Bonuses - Some departments will never receive the bonus even though it may make up to 20% of their salary. So, if you have bonus line item in your offer letter, please ask your hiring manager in more detail. There are chances you will never see bonus during your tenure.
Advice to Management
1. Change the vision from "We believe all people should be empowered." to "We believe all people should feel empowered." The difference in "be" and "feel" is huge. It requires less judgement from our side, and asking question to the people for empowering them.
2. Move to Toronto area. Please open satellite office asap to accommodate growth and employee shortage. At this point, the only reason that is stopping growth is human resource, so it is very easy decision if you want exponential growth.
3. Remote Working - Please make your work environment more flexible (similar to other tech companies) by allowing flexible remote working for some departments.
4. Time Management - Managers need to hold themselves accountable for starting meetings on time. Many a times the meeting starts 5-10 minutes later than scheduled time, and sometimes it takes much longer than required. Need more focused meetings to boost productivity.
I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (Less than a year)
1.friendly environment and great co-workers
2. too much learning opportunities courses
3.feel freedom to do job
4.it's easy to concentrate on your job without disturbing, meaning high efficiency
there is not enough office space for more and more employee
I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time
CWD has been growing and getting better with each year. Their investment in employees with paying for learning opportunities courses etc. allows people to work towards their own advancement. This company is for you if you are willing to work hard, can adapt quickly in growing environment, enjoy new challenges and learning opportunities and are ambitious and want to grow. No employer is perfect but here they learn from their mistakes and try to make things better. Your ideas are heard and feedback used to improve culture constantly. Great co-workers make coming to work fun. Good work events.
It is a growing company which means some decisions aren't necessarily right and made too quickly without thinking things through. Also things that impact employees directly sometimes take longer to change like giving more vacation weeks etc.
Advice to Management
You've made great improvements in last few years. Continue to listening to your employees and what's most important to them.
Pays more than minimum wage
3rd party training cost reimbursements
Will hire on with a contract position for a specific role, but then request that you do things outside of your job description.
Constant pressure to write Glassdoor reviews.
Only allowed 3 sick days before you are considered a risk and they start building a case against you.
Lack of "on job" training for various positions.
Management is not held accountable for their poor actions that affect the entire department.
Yearly assessments, for raises, are sometimes considerably late (up to one year late).
Requested to complete various tasks without information, training, or guidance on how to do it, then reprimanded when it is not the way they expected it.
CEOs do not get along, which causes tension and clashing of ideas and departments.
Departments often suffer from lack of communication with each other.
Advice to Management
Stop hiding things from some employees, but telling others - they're going to find out either way.
Stop making employees worry about their job by saying "don't worry, your job isn't at risk" over and over
Stop making comments about the weight of employees and telling them they need to make healthier life decisions
Stop making people feel bad for using GOVERNMENT ISSUED sick days
Start taking action on HR complaints
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?