Circus World Displays "full time" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Circus World Displays Employee Reviews about "full time"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Avoid"

I worked at Circus World Displays full-time

Pros

Full time employment in area
    Good co-workers
    If you love structure - this is the place for you

Cons

Like any review read the good and the bad. There are legitimate ones on both ends. Be aware that management strongly pressures employees to write reviews here. Many will obviously write positive reviews about their current workplace. Management will constantly harass you to write a review until you say you wrote one.

I would not recommend working here. It saddens me to say that because I would want the best hires for the people I worked with.

If you decide to work here, know that there is an issue with work life balance. Depending on your role you may have to constantly stay late. Some employees have to do tasks from home on nights and weekends. Heaven forbid you get a company phone.

Terrible work/life balance. They will claim they are flexible but they are not. Management does not understand what it is like to have a family life at all. They do not understand that some people like to spend time with their spouse and kids. They may have family obligations, but those come second to anything work related.

Many will talk about all the great training they provide. This is true, they have many opportunities to take training courses. However work is always more important so any time training classes are organized by the company they are always outside of work hours. They will always be on nights and weekends. If you decline training they will slowly work on firing you for not being a team player. If you decline training courses you will be harassed to take them over and over. They do not understand that some people need to spend time with their families outside of work hours.

Overall environment - just not a pleasant place to work. Staff are great, but there is just an overall weird cloud of negativity. Very high stress environment.

Hiring Process - extremely lengthy and over the top. For entry level positions you might have several interviews, personality tests, and work preview days.

I had a bad gut instinct during the hiring process that I should have listened to. If Tim Hortons down the street is hiring, take that job over any position here.

Compensation - they will pay you as low as humanly possible. They low ball everything.

Advice to Management

Provide more of a work life balance to your employees. For many people this place is a job, and they are not as personally invested as you are (you don't give them a reason to be invested)

2. "My Review"

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

Pros

Full time, Benefits, Bonuses and overtime opportunities. Great environment and I've never had an employer feed me so much.

Cons

It takes to long to get feedback on annual reviews.

3. "It"

Pros

- Full time work (unlike all the seasonal jobs you find in Niagara Falls)
    - Benefits - No employers have to offer them and many don't. This was a huge plus for me.
    - Learning opportunity - I have learned so much overall
    - Family (and yes I said family) The people that work here genuinely care about one another. I LOVE my team and there is nothing I wouldn't do to help them, work or personal.
    - BOD's - No one seems to have anything nice to say to them. Dj made an honest effort when I was first hired to learn my name and ensure to stop by my work station to actually ask me "How is your training going, do you like it here so far" When my grandmother died they sent me a fruit basket, when I got engaged they gave me a card with money inside. No companyies have to do anything I just listed but they did because the truly care.
    -Education reimbursement - Not only did I get my tuition reimbursed for the course I took while employed they also offer you a fund to be able to take additional training.
    -Company events & BBQ's

Cons

- People leave and the departments are told you just need to prioritize tasks. We don't need more people we need a better way of doing things. This may be true in some aspects but when your team goes from 10 people to 5 you can only prioritize things so much until tasks are missed. Then we are looked down upon and put on corrective action plans. If we were not doing the work of 3 people our results would be better.
    -There is a lot of micromanagement. Decision can often take along time to be made due to this as they are not always available.
    - Need to be more realistic with time frames. They said "This should only take 30 minutes" But in actuality the task literally takes an hour or 2.

Advice to Management

-Your trying to go on the right path. Keep it up and you will get there
    -Since I have started there has been a lot of improvement.

5. "Team oriented atmosphere with opportunities to progress"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Niagara Falls, ON
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Niagara Falls, ON

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CWD is a dynamic and fast-paced business. The environment is professional without feeling too stuffy or stuck up. Since it's a relatively young company, there really aren't any "lifers" or know-it-all types around.

New hires are welcomed by the team and usually integrate quickly. Management has made a good effort to encourage a team environment, and holds regular company and department events.

For almost all employees, the hours are 8:00-5:00, Monday-Friday with no overtime expected. The work/life balance is good and nobody is expected to answer cell phones after 5:00 etc.

All full-time employees receive benefits and management is flexible when time-off is needed for appointments and family matters. Tuition reimbursement is available for qualifying courses.

There are opportunities to move up in the company, and most current managers have been promoted from within. It's a great place to gain experience and take on new challenges to grow your skill set.

Cons

-Being a fast-paced environment, change comes quickly and relatively often.
    -Management has high expectations and holds employees accountable (not a con but some people have a hard time with this)