Circus World Displays "cwd" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Circus World Displays Employee Reviews about "cwd"

Updated Jul 19, 2019

3.2
Circus World Displays CEO Raj Jain and Deepak Jain (no image)
Raj Jain and Deepak Jain
Pros
  • "CWD is a growth based comapny so you are always learning new things and they are open to new ways of achieving their goals(in 15 reviews)

• "Benefits for full time employees, established company, paid training and courses, company events a few times a year(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Stress can often be high in the wake of a fast paced and ever-growing/ever changing environment(in 7 reviews)

• "both managing directors asked current employees to write positive reviews on this site(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "cwd"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "An Engaging place to work that is open minded."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, ON

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time

Pros

A great place to work if you are interested in a challenging and fast paced work environment. CWD is a growth based comapny so you are always learning new things and they are open to new ways of achieving their goals. Pay, focus on goals and cool people to work with.

Cons

It’s hard for the company to find solid people, as Niagara Falls doesn’t have the workforce we need.

Advice to Management

Cut some of the smaller time wastes like smaller goals and focus on the big ones all out.

Circus World Displays2018-09-30
  2. "Fast-Paced/Energetic/Great learning opportunities"

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time

Pros

CWD has been growing and getting better with each year. Their investment in employees with paying for learning opportunities courses etc. allows people to work towards their own advancement. This company is for you if you are willing to work hard, can adapt quickly in growing environment, enjoy new challenges and learning opportunities and are ambitious and want to grow. No employer is perfect but here they learn... from their mistakes and try to make things better. Your ideas are heard and feedback used to improve culture constantly. Great co-workers make coming to work fun. Good work events.

Cons

It is a growing company which means some decisions aren't necessarily right and made too quickly without thinking things through. Also things that impact employees directly sometimes take longer to change like giving more vacation weeks etc.

Advice to Management

You've made great improvements in last few years. Continue to listening to your employees and what's most important to them.

Circus World Displays2017-05-07
  3. "Great co-workers"

Current Employee - Operations Warehouse

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time for more than a year

Pros

CWD values an employees opinion and goes to great lengths to keep its staff happy. There are many team building events throughout the year that allow you to talk with people working in other departments you wouldn't normally see every day.

Cons

Communication between departments could be improved to help the company run more efficiently.

Circus World Displays2017-01-11
  4. "Great place for start"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Niagara Falls, ON

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am working in CWD as a warehouse associate on 8 months contract. This is a great place to start career because in CWD they help you to find your career path and provide with a career growth.

Cons

Willing to get more Operations experience that would be closely connected to my education

Circus World Displays2015-09-04
  5. "CWD is an amazing company to work for!"

Customer Experience Representative

I have been working at Circus World Displays

Pros

Ever since starting at CWD, I've been very happy with not only the job, but myself. Working here, I feel very accomplished with the tasks I work on. Everyone is very helpful and great to work with. The amount of work events thrown for us is great, too! I have nothing to say but good things about working for CWD.

Cons

This has nothing to do directly with the company at all, but living so far away makes for a long drive to and from work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Circus World Displays2015-06-05
  6. "Customer Support Representative"

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Niagara Falls, ON

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time for less than a year

Pros

CWD is a fantastic company to work for. When I started this job, I was coming from a completely different field. Although my experience with this kind of job was minimal, it did not take long pick up as the training was fantastic. The entire team was more than willing to accept me with open arms, and were quick to answer any questions I had. There are constantly company events and catered lunches to show the... employees appreciation. There also provide frequent training and courses to ensure the employees are always informed. CWD is the perfect balance between a professional atmosphere, and a fun place to work. The management makes you feel like part of a team, and not just an employee. The company is filled with opportunities for promotions, which makes you feel like you have a career and not just a job. After 9 months with CWD , I couldn't imagine working anywhere else!

Cons

I can honestly say that I am yet to find a downfall of working for CWD.

Circus World Displays2015-06-03

"You must suffer for expérience... Right?? I think."

Administrative Professional

I worked at Circus World Displays

Pros

-good for graduate (get your one or two years of expérience and move on) - team events (you will be talked into going if you say no) - Team members aside from management are amazing to work with. They are nice and will become family and most even hang out after leaving here (Survivors who live to tell and end up at companies who value them)

Cons

- Favorites. There are many employees at this company who are the favorites. If your not one you dont have à chance. - Board of directors two brothers. They don't see eye to eye frequently also they have little expérience outside of this company. One of them micromanages, thé other sets unrealistic deadlines. I worked directly under one. -Your life must be only CWD. They are mindful of who leaves at 5 on thé dot.... If you aren't willing to work late you won't succeed. Many meetings will be booked after 5 or you wont get à meeting. Most positions are salary too so you lose money. They designed It that way. Not à good company to work at If you have à family. - They steal ideas. Not innovative. If another company is doing It thats what they will do. Not okay with new ideas and won't give you space to make your own decisions. You will be micromanaged. You cannot move forward as they won't show up for meetings or respond to emails. - More Interested in how you format correspondance than thé information inside. - You are being watched more than any other place. How many times you go to bathroom, etc. Cameras throughout building. They love to spy and doubt everyone. -Wages and reviews: your wage will only go so far. I had à review 2 years late and they waited and waited and was let go with no backpay right before. I only stayed bécause even with only cost of living increase I would of had à large backpay. Your review is à low priority and they say you will get backpay but thats If they dont let you go or you quit first.

Advice to Management

Let it go let it go... Let your employee make their own décisions. Stop calling it à board of directors when clearly no one but family will hold that position. Did anyone else notice most reviews of current employee is in November 2014. Most likely HR pushing towards trying to improve image. Even this is micromanaged.

Circus World Displays2014-12-28

"Don't Settle!"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Niagara Falls, ON

I worked at Circus World Displays full-time for less than a year

Pros

- fellow employees are wonderful to work with - not working at CWD

Cons

- every day, employees walk into a beige building with bars on the windows - both managing directors asked current employees to write positive reviews on this site - the one managing director uses big words he hears from educated employers and ends up sounding unprofessional - the BOD is formed of a mom and dad and their two sons, good luck with that - the BOD micro manages the death out of everyone - hr went... from 5 employees to 1 at the end of 2014 - turnover was 40% for 2014 - once an employee leaves, they are badly talked about by managing directors or asked to work from home for their last two weeks so they do not talk to other employees - wage is low, hence why young professionals are hired - recruitment process drags on - to get ahead, you have to stay late. If you like to go home right at 5:00PM (because almost 9 hours isn't enough for them) and see your family - you wont make it at CWD. It shows them you are not putting your "all" into the company - many meetings are wasted on overly discussing employees growth. That employee falls behind on their work and ends up staying late putting most action items from meeting on the back burner. - computer usage monitored like its some sport to the BOD - cameras in every office, which the BOG watched from their phone to make sure other employees are not on their phone. Huge trust issues.

Advice to Management

- pointless, as they will ask someone to write a positive review so they don't have to focus on the negative ones.

Circus World Displays2015-01-13
  9. "A place where you can make a difference"

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- A Toronto-like company in Niagara. Didn't need to leave home to do what I love. - People here are awesome to work with. Friendly, funny and unique. - Room to grow. The company is growing every year and believes in internal promotion, There are a lot of opportunities for someone to learn and move up even cross department. - Culture: great company events, contests, draws, parties, monthly lunches on the company,... example: costumes and department treat or treating on Halloween. - Training (paid training) has always been a part of CWD, if the employee inquired. Now they are even developing and suggesting training programs for employees to take advantage of. - Recognition programs - Half price on all CWD products, plus CWD bucks to use towards those already half price products. Stuff like: Home Theater speakers, docks, wireless technology, turntables, baby monitors, security systems.

Cons

Not cons, things to consider: - Face paced: team members must be adaptable, flexible, open minded, organized, manage & prioritize tasks - Be ready to work, show your value and contribute. No person here floats. - You can make a difference at this company if you try. You do need to put an effort in and give solutions, instead of complain. - Do not expect to come out of college/university and make the amount an... experienced professional in your field does. Also, Niagara region does not pay Toronto wages. - I'm sure like everywhere there are people who like to "hate the man". Stay away from Negative Nancy's they'll drag you down. - Company is lead by 2 managing directors who may not always be on the same page all the time. This can cause some bottlenecks in projects. Adapting to both different managing styles can also be a challenge, as their pace and processes are very different.

Advice to Management

- Keep on the path of investing in your employees and making CWD a social place. - Get rid of silly rules that make people grumble like coffee before 10am. Leave that with their managers. - Make sure everywhere has an understanding of where we are are going as a company and why. Invite them to share in that vision. - I suggest sprucing the buildings up a bit more

Circus World Displays2014-11-14
  10. "Exciting and Interesting Work Environment"

Current Employee - Online Marketing Assistant in Niagara Falls, ON

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working at CWD for 3.5 years, when I come into work I am excited to get started. Pros: - Work is fun and not repetitive, problem solving is rewarding - some examples of unique fun tasks: Setting up contests and product giveaways, handling brand social media, advertising on external websites (low opportunity for jobs like this in Niagara) - Meetings allow to express ideas that are valued - CWD is... always willing to improve your knowledge (webinars, seminars, conferences etc.) - Prestigious work space, dual monitors for everyone (some get 3) nice wood desks, fast computers - Great discounts on cool products - Lots of dinners and lunches - Fun company events quarterly - Company paid business trips all over the US and Asia - CWD is focused on the growing online retail industry, a growing industry - I get to create my own role (certain aspects) and not just listen to demands of a higher up. - If there is a task or process that doesn't make sense, my opinion is valued enough to change it and get results.

Cons

- When people ask me what I do its hard to explain since the job is so unique (internet marketing) - Work flow coming in from different directions, everyone's goals are important to them so each task is deemed urgent, since these tasks aren't tracked they seem like favors and don't help your personal end goal - Certain job roles are set up for success more then others - Time management, some days are a roller... coaster of email responding and troubleshooting - Certain tasks are deemed #1 priority one week then are forgotten the next week

Circus World Displays2014-11-12