- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Circus World Displays (More than 3 years)
- Good education fund.
- Good and friendly co-workers.
- Employee discounts are good.
- Extremely low compensation. I have been here for almost 5 years and got promoted once, yet my salary has barely risen to be noticeable due to the huge rise in the cost of living. Take the median job salary on Payscale.com and minus 5-10k.
- The owner(s) of the company have trust issues in their employees.
- Bonuses are promised on interview but goals are kept secret. Goals are completely unrealistic. Expect to only reach 40-60% of your goal year after year.
- The company always toutes the Dale Carnegie rules and learnings but it becomes clear when it comes to rewarding employees, they throw those concepts out the window.
- Poor work life balance. Have to make up time when missed for appointments. Company says they have great work life balance because the business is not open on the weekend.
- Very Political. Any inquiry you have about an issue, it gets addressed very broadly and you are told to refer to your manager for more details. Truth be told, managers know about the same as employees.
- Frustrated managers because of company expectations trickles down to employees.
- Building in need of a serious make-over and update
Advice to Management
- If you truly care about your employees. You will reward them with fair compensation. They are not a means to your end. The cost of living is rising and we are feeling the sting.
- Please make corporate goals realistic
- Update the building. Looking and beige and dirty white walls all day is excruciating .
- Be nice to your employees and genuinely act interested in them.
I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (Less than a year)
Benefits for full time employees, established company, paid training and courses, company events a few times a year.
Micromanagement to a level that completely cripples the company's ability to do anything. No empowerment at all. Leadership does not lead by example (do what I say don't do what I do). Reviews are not done on time, some people have gone more than 2 years without a performance review or a cost of living increase let alone an actual raise. Lots of turnover.
Advice to Management
Listen to your employees! Don't ask for their opinions and then be surprised when they are unhappy that you completely disregard what they have said. Bring your salaries up to at least average for comparable roles. Give staff the opportunity to develop, you can't grow into a leadership role if you have no ability to make a decision.
-good for graduate (get your one or two years of expérience and move on)
- team events (you will be talked into going if you say no)
- Team members aside from management are amazing to work with. They are nice and will become family and most even hang out after leaving here (Survivors who live to tell and end up at companies who value them)
- Favorites. There are many employees at this company who are the favorites. If your not one you dont have à chance.
- Board of directors two brothers. They don't see eye to eye frequently also they have little expérience outside of this company. One of them micromanages, thé other sets unrealistic deadlines. I worked directly under one.
-Your life must be only CWD. They are mindful of who leaves at 5 on thé dot. If you aren't willing to work late you won't succeed. Many meetings will be booked after 5 or you wont get à meeting. Most positions are salary too so you lose money. They designed It that way. Not à good company to work at If you have à family.
- They steal ideas. Not innovative. If another company is doing It thats what they will do. Not okay with new ideas and won't give you space to make your own decisions. You will be micromanaged. You cannot move forward as they won't show up for meetings or respond to emails.
- More Interested in how you format correspondance than thé information inside.
- You are being watched more than any other place. How many times you go to bathroom, etc. Cameras throughout building. They love to spy and doubt everyone.
-Wages and reviews: your wage will only go so far. I had à review 2 years late and they waited and waited and was let go with no backpay right before. I only stayed bécause even with only cost of living increase I would of had à large backpay. Your review is à low priority and they say you will get backpay but thats If they dont let you go or you quit first.
Advice to Management
Let it go let it go... Let your employee make their own décisions.
Stop calling it à board of directors when clearly no one but family will hold that position.
Did anyone else notice most reviews of current employee is in November 2014. Most likely HR pushing towards trying to improve image. Even this is micromanaged.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?