- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
Nothing, some co-workers are nice
Bad management, micro management, slave mentality, policies change all the time, you get in trouble for little stupid things, you start as a contract and they will just use you. The board of directors are mommy, daddy and the two sons. What a joke! Comisions are really low, they chase you for sales and you make peanuts out of the sale, they get rid of people from one day to another.
Advice to Management
Change your mentality, don't take advantage of people, don't be mean, be a leader not a boss, take care of your employees.
-good for graduate (get your one or two years of expérience and move on)
- team events (you will be talked into going if you say no)
- Team members aside from management are amazing to work with. They are nice and will become family and most even hang out after leaving here (Survivors who live to tell and end up at companies who value them)
- Favorites. There are many employees at this company who are the favorites. If your not one you dont have à chance.
- Board of directors two brothers. They don't see eye to eye frequently also they have little expérience outside of this company. One of them micromanages, thé other sets unrealistic deadlines. I worked directly under one.
-Your life must be only CWD. They are mindful of who leaves at 5 on thé dot. If you aren't willing to work late you won't succeed. Many meetings will be booked after 5 or you wont get à meeting. Most positions are salary too so you lose money. They designed It that way. Not à good company to work at If you have à family.
- They steal ideas. Not innovative. If another company is doing It thats what they will do. Not okay with new ideas and won't give you space to make your own decisions. You will be micromanaged. You cannot move forward as they won't show up for meetings or respond to emails.
- More Interested in how you format correspondance than thé information inside.
- You are being watched more than any other place. How many times you go to bathroom, etc. Cameras throughout building. They love to spy and doubt everyone.
-Wages and reviews: your wage will only go so far. I had à review 2 years late and they waited and waited and was let go with no backpay right before. I only stayed bécause even with only cost of living increase I would of had à large backpay. Your review is à low priority and they say you will get backpay but thats If they dont let you go or you quit first.
Advice to Management
Let it go let it go... Let your employee make their own décisions.
Stop calling it à board of directors when clearly no one but family will hold that position.
Did anyone else notice most reviews of current employee is in November 2014. Most likely HR pushing towards trying to improve image. Even this is micromanaged.
I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (More than 3 years)
Hours are reasonable.
Fast pace, not boring.
Events and bbq's held throughout the year.
Low pay compared to industry standards.
Micromanagement from the Managing directors, who are unable to trust the people they have hired.
Big brother is certainly watching. Security cameras, frequent & random walks through departments by the board of directors.
High turnover, constantly showing someone new what to do, only to watch them leave in a months time.
Majority of management are there because someone quit, not because they were qualified for the promotion.
Fast pace leads to lots of mistakes and things being missed, especially by those in upper management. Leads to a lot of headaches down the road for the real workers.
Advice to Management
Hire managers who have experience doing the job they are there to do, and then listen to them. Allow the experts to show you how things should be run.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?