Circus World Displays Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Circus World Displays Reviews

Updated 6 December, 2018

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Benefits for full time employees, established company, paid training and courses, company events a few times a year" (in 11 reviews)

• "A great place to work if you are interested in a challenging and fast paced work environment" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sometimes one person is doing 2 people job hurts performance and work/life balance" (in 6 reviews)

• "Company is lead by 2 managing directors who may not always be on the same page all the time" (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great Great Great company to work with"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, ON

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

company's CEOs & employees, company benefits, positive working atmosphere, monthly events

Cons

takes time to take certain decisions,

Advice to Management

For me everything is flowing very proper way, keep it up and keep believe in you and your employees. We love CWD.

2. "Great Company with Great Employees!"

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Fast paced never boring
    - great atmosphere with great employees
    - Genuinely love what I get to do everyday
    - Benefits
    - great company events, rewards, department lunches, contests, draws, parties, monthly lunches on the company etc.
    - Paid training - whether it be finishing a degree, diploma, or professional development the company will support you
    - discount on products
    - everyone has a part in creating great consumer electronics
    - company is constantly growing and there are many opportunities to advance
    - BOD has recently really begun to put forth an extra effort to make the company a better place by having an open forum where everyone in the company has an opportunity to address any ideas or concerns to help improve the company

Things to consider:

- to really be successful at this company you need to prove you are a valuable asset.
    - being negative is not the way to get through in this company. It is definitely picked up on and can hinder your experience and and ability to progress in the company.

Cons

- Company is lead by 2 managing directors who may not always be on the same page all the time. This can cause some bottlenecks in projects. Adapting to both different managing styles can also be a challenge, as their pace and processes are very different.
    - management needs to have a bit more authority to make decisions

Advice to Management

- Have a little more trust in your employees to make decisions that will better the company and products
    - Keep investing in employees professional development

SIDE NOTE: Most of the negative reviews are from former employees for a reason. Also we were encouraged to write HONEST reviews. No one is forced to do anything. I stand by review! This is a great company to work for in a great area.

3. "Receptive to Ideas, Always Listening and Learning"

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time

Pros

Everyone in the company is very receptive to good ideas, whether they come from the top or the bottom. It really feels like a team that is working to be the best they can be by consistently working smarter to get better together.

Cons

There are times when it feels like some roles can be given more direct authority/control on decisions, but I have worked in other organizations which were much worse about this.

Advice to Management

Look for more opportunities to empower proven individuals to make clear decisions without requiring manager confirmation

4. "Customer Support Representative"

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Niagara Falls, ON
    Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Niagara Falls, ON

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CWD is a fantastic company to work for. When I started this job, I was coming from a completely different field. Although my experience with this kind of job was minimal, it did not take long pick up as the training was fantastic. The entire team was more than willing to accept me with open arms, and were quick to answer any questions I had. There are constantly company events and catered lunches to show the employees appreciation. There also provide frequent training and courses to ensure the employees are always informed. CWD is the perfect balance between a professional atmosphere, and a fun place to work. The management makes you feel like part of a team, and not just an employee. The company is filled with opportunities for promotions, which makes you feel like you have a career and not just a job. After 9 months with CWD , I couldn't imagine working anywhere else!

Cons

I can honestly say that I am yet to find a downfall of working for CWD.

5. "Room to Grow, Positive environment"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Niagara Falls, ON
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Niagara Falls, ON

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to gain experience.
    Fast paced, rarely do you ever have a chance to be bored.
    Suggestions for improvement are taken seriously and implemented to better the company when it makes sense and meets business needs.
    Encouragement to move up in the company and seek out what part of the business suits your skills.
    It is a very positive environment.

Cons

Things can be delayed, yearly reviews being one.

6. "Great Learning Experience and Opportunity for Advancement"

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time

Pros

This company is great for learning. I have learned so much since starting here and get to use a lot of creative thinking each day. Definitely a great place to work.

Cons

The MDs are extremely involved in the day to day business which is great and gives them a huge sense of ownership in the business. The only downside to this is often slows down processes while waiting for approvals or feedback.

Advice to Management

Implementing a different approvals process would ensure everything moves along smoothly and effectively.

7. "Creative and Forward Thinking"

Current Employee - Assistant Product Manager in Niagara Falls, ON
    Current Employee - Assistant Product Manager in Niagara Falls, ON

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Creative and Forward Thinking!
    Teamwork Approach
    Always Striving for Excellence
    Stable and Considerate
    Poised for Massive Growth
    Standard Operating Procedures

Cons

The company is currently in a high growth period so restructuring presents its challenges. Too many balls in the air sometimes. I think all companies struggle with these issues. Strive for faster more educated decision making.

Advice to Management

Continue to align the company to your vision
    Allow yourself to grow and build trust in your employees.

8. "Great Leadership and Growth Opportunities"

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time

Pros

Overall a great place to work where the corporate culture is positive and employees are focused on bringing success to all aspects of the company.

- They promote from within
    - Great work life balance
    - Really cool products
    - Focused on growth for the company and for employees
    - Good facilities/building management
    - Great benefits (Health, Gym, Training, Education)

Cons

- Horizontal Organizational Structure can led to delays in decision making

Hard to find other constructive criticism. The company has worked hard to address any employee concerns and are always willing to receive suggestions for improvement.

Advice to Management

Provide managers with more decision making authority to improve efficiency and increase productivity.
    Continue to be employee focused and work on sustainable growth.

9. "Rapid Growth Organization"

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time

Pros

Lots of room for growth, fantastic culture, company events, luncheons, give-aways etc.

Cons

Growing pains: Company is running on very lean staffing. Stress can often be high in the wake of a fast paced and ever-growing/ever changing environment. Days can be long, and pressure can be high at times.

"There is no management, only micro-management."

I worked at Circus World Displays full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the employees are actually pretty great, and smart, and creative

Cons

Micro-management
    No trust for employees
    BOD can access all video cameras via their cell phones, so you are being monitored 24/7
    Very high turnover rate
    Asked upper management to write reviews on this site
    Upper management are the only ones who get many benefits the company promotes as perks, like RRSP contributions and additional vacation time
    Processes make no sense, and the BOD is very resistant to change
    Employees are expected to stay late on a regular basis
    The employee education fund has been put in place so they can get current employees to learn how to fill positions of those employees who have quit. They will not pay you to do two jobs, but they will pay for you to learn how to do the second job, and allow you to continue with your new title and twice the work load. As a bonus, they do not have to hire anyone else who will inevitably quit on them

Advice to Management

Learn to trust your employees
    Better yet, sell the company to someone who knows what they are doing if you ever want to see it succeed