Circus World Displays Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Circus World Displays Reviews

Updated 30 September, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Benefits for full time employees, established company, paid training and courses, company events a few times a year" (in 11 reviews)

• "A great place to work if you are interested in a challenging and fast paced work environment" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sometimes one person is doing 2 people job hurts performance and work/life balance" (in 6 reviews)

• "cause even with only cost of living increase I would of had" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Fast Growing Private Company"

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time

Pros

Hands on work experience
    Great feedback system
    Newly Implemented Education Fund available for all employees
    Regular Training for Personal Development
    Young Culture
    Local Business supporting the Niagara Region

Cons

Lack of Resources
    Lack of Direction at times
    Constant Change, makes it hard to follow
    Department Objectives may not always align as a company

Advice to Management

Continue to give positive encouragement and always show appreciation, a company succeeds because there are employees to support it

2. "It"

Pros

- Full time work (unlike all the seasonal jobs you find in Niagara Falls)
    - Benefits - No employers have to offer them and many don't. This was a huge plus for me.
    - Learning opportunity - I have learned so much overall
    - Family (and yes I said family) The people that work here genuinely care about one another. I LOVE my team and there is nothing I wouldn't do to help them, work or personal.
    - BOD's - No one seems to have anything nice to say to them. Dj made an honest effort when I was first hired to learn my name and ensure to stop by my work station to actually ask me "How is your training going, do you like it here so far" When my grandmother died they sent me a fruit basket, when I got engaged they gave me a card with money inside. No companyies have to do anything I just listed but they did because the truly care.
    -Education reimbursement - Not only did I get my tuition reimbursed for the course I took while employed they also offer you a fund to be able to take additional training.
    -Company events & BBQ's

Cons

- People leave and the departments are told you just need to prioritize tasks. We don't need more people we need a better way of doing things. This may be true in some aspects but when your team goes from 10 people to 5 you can only prioritize things so much until tasks are missed. Then we are looked down upon and put on corrective action plans. If we were not doing the work of 3 people our results would be better.
    -There is a lot of micromanagement. Decision can often take along time to be made due to this as they are not always available.
    - Need to be more realistic with time frames. They said "This should only take 30 minutes" But in actuality the task literally takes an hour or 2.

Advice to Management

-Your trying to go on the right path. Keep it up and you will get there
    -Since I have started there has been a lot of improvement.

3. "Great place to build your career!"

Current Employee - Current Employee
    Current Employee - Current Employee

Pros

Positive work environment, team orientated, training for team members,company events, monthly lunches, work life balance

Cons

I do not think there are any cons

4. "Great work place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, ON

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They sponsor lunches, team events, in-house training courses and family picnics. Room for advancement if interested. You can approach any BOD or management about a concern or suggestion. The value you as a person and are very receptive to your family members.

Cons

They need to start profit sharing since we always exceed our goals.

Advice to Management

Same as Con

5. "Great Great Great company to work with"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, ON

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

company's CEOs & employees, company benefits, positive working atmosphere, monthly events

Cons

takes time to take certain decisions,

Advice to Management

For me everything is flowing very proper way, keep it up and keep believe in you and your employees. We love CWD.

6. "Great Company with Great Employees!"

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Fast paced never boring
    - great atmosphere with great employees
    - Genuinely love what I get to do everyday
    - Benefits
    - great company events, rewards, department lunches, contests, draws, parties, monthly lunches on the company etc.
    - Paid training - whether it be finishing a degree, diploma, or professional development the company will support you
    - discount on products
    - everyone has a part in creating great consumer electronics
    - company is constantly growing and there are many opportunities to advance
    - BOD has recently really begun to put forth an extra effort to make the company a better place by having an open forum where everyone in the company has an opportunity to address any ideas or concerns to help improve the company

Things to consider:

- to really be successful at this company you need to prove you are a valuable asset.
    - being negative is not the way to get through in this company. It is definitely picked up on and can hinder your experience and and ability to progress in the company.

Cons

- Company is lead by 2 managing directors who may not always be on the same page all the time. This can cause some bottlenecks in projects. Adapting to both different managing styles can also be a challenge, as their pace and processes are very different.
    - management needs to have a bit more authority to make decisions

Advice to Management

- Have a little more trust in your employees to make decisions that will better the company and products
    - Keep investing in employees professional development

SIDE NOTE: Most of the negative reviews are from former employees for a reason. Also we were encouraged to write HONEST reviews. No one is forced to do anything. I stand by review! This is a great company to work for in a great area.

7. "Great, forward thinking company, positive and team oriented"

Pros

Great overall environment.
    Everyone genuinely tries to work together to "make it happen".
    Company provided training.
    Good benefits - department lunches, contests, and employee recognition.
    Owners have strong sense of business longevity and work to ensure success as they take the responsibility of ensuring jobs and growth for their workforce seriously.
    Lots of room for growth - promote from within.
    Company working hard to reduce employee turnover rate.
    Great on-boarding process.

Cons

Fast paced environment with lots of running projects that can sometimes lead to blips in project management.

Advice to Management

Continue efforts to find balance of mature and emerging talent, allowing for seasoned decision making and aggressive growth, marketing efforts, and product development.

8. "CWD is an amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Representative

Pros

Ever since starting at CWD, I've been very happy with not only the job, but myself. Working here, I feel very accomplished with the tasks I work on. Everyone is very helpful and great to work with. The amount of work events thrown for us is great, too! I have nothing to say but good things about working for CWD.

Cons

This has nothing to do directly with the company at all, but living so far away makes for a long drive to and from work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

9. "It's nice to look forward to going to work!"

Pros

Definitely find this company a "Family" environment. From the first day I had my first interview, I felt welcomed and part of the team. Little things like company picnics to random company sponsored luncheons to show staff appreciation make a huge impact on morale. Having management solicit and implement suggestions from team members shows that you are part of the company and not just a "number"

Cons

Smaller department sizes can lead to staffing issues due to absenteeism, but it is a minor obstacle.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

10. "Receptive to Ideas, Always Listening and Learning"

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time

Pros

Everyone in the company is very receptive to good ideas, whether they come from the top or the bottom. It really feels like a team that is working to be the best they can be by consistently working smarter to get better together.

Cons

There are times when it feels like some roles can be given more direct authority/control on decisions, but I have worked in other organizations which were much worse about this.

Advice to Management

Look for more opportunities to empower proven individuals to make clear decisions without requiring manager confirmation