Circus World Displays Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Raj Jain and Deepak Jain

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Benefits for full time employees, established company, paid training and courses, company events a few times a year" (in 11 reviews)

• "A great place to work if you are interested in a challenging and fast paced work environment" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sometimes one person is doing 2 people job hurts performance and work/life balance" (in 6 reviews)

• "cause even with only cost of living increase I would of had" (in 3 reviews)

1. "An Engaging place to work that is open minded."

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time

Pros

A great place to work if you are interested in a challenging and fast paced work environment. CWD is a growth based comapny so you are always learning new things and they are open to new ways of achieving their goals. Pay, focus on goals and cool people to work with.

Cons

It’s hard for the company to find solid people, as Niagara Falls doesn’t have the workforce we need.

Advice to Management

Cut some of the smaller time wastes like smaller goals and focus on the big ones all out.

2. "Great place to work in"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, ON

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1.friendly environment and great co-workers
    2. too much learning opportunities courses
    3.feel freedom to do job
    4.it's easy to concentrate on your job without disturbing, meaning high efficiency

Cons

there is not enough office space for more and more employee

3. "Fast-Paced/Energetic/Great learning opportunities"

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time

Pros

CWD has been growing and getting better with each year. Their investment in employees with paying for learning opportunities courses etc. allows people to work towards their own advancement. This company is for you if you are willing to work hard, can adapt quickly in growing environment, enjoy new challenges and learning opportunities and are ambitious and want to grow. No employer is perfect but here they learn from their mistakes and try to make things better. Your ideas are heard and feedback used to improve culture constantly. Great co-workers make coming to work fun. Good work events.

Cons

It is a growing company which means some decisions aren't necessarily right and made too quickly without thinking things through. Also things that impact employees directly sometimes take longer to change like giving more vacation weeks etc.

Advice to Management

You've made great improvements in last few years. Continue to listening to your employees and what's most important to them.

4. "Great co-workers"

Current Employee - Operations Warehouse
    Current Employee - Operations Warehouse

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CWD values an employees opinion and goes to great lengths to keep its staff happy. There are many team building events throughout the year that allow you to talk with people working in other departments you wouldn't normally see every day.

Cons

Communication between departments could be improved to help the company run more efficiently.

5. "The atmosphere is great to work in."

Current Employee - Warehouse
    Current Employee - Warehouse

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of good hard working people that work here. It makes the atmosphere feel positive. Everybody gets along great and works well as a team. I feel very happy that i have this opertuinity.

Cons

I do not have any concerns about working with this company. I feel very fortunate to have this great opportunity with this company.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all the great opportunities you have provided for me. The company works very well as a team and I look forward to many more new and exciting opportunities. I hope the best for your company and your great success.

6. "Great atmosphere to work in."

Current Employee - Returns Processor in Niagara Falls, ON
    Current Employee - Returns Processor in Niagara Falls, ON

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Fantastic employees to work with.
    -Great work / life balance
    - Fun corporate events
    - Fair wages
    - Great work schedule
    - Personal development offered through classes and courses paid for every year

Cons

- More communication to keep employees in the loop is needed

Advice to Management

I appreciate every opportunity you have given me. Your employees appreciate the extra effort you out in for us to better ourselves.

7. "Great Work Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, ON

I have been working at Circus World Displays (More than 8 years)

Pros

-Awesome company events, monthly luncheons, out of office team events, yearly family picnic
    -Benefit package
    -Outstanding bereavement leave if required
    -Our department manager easy to talk to
    -Company owners easy to approach and share personal conversations with

Cons

At times improving work procedures takes a bit to time due to all resources have to check it out.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your team members. Happy team members only produce great results

8. "Design Department"

Current Employee - Junior Graphic Designer in Niagara Falls, ON
    Current Employee - Junior Graphic Designer in Niagara Falls, ON

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Education funded, amazing team, amazing boss, and higher boss, Always room for improving team, self, and design expertise. Great work flow, really interested in the employees satisfaction with their jobs, and their health.

Cons

tight deadlines, completed designs may be rejected to the beginning process (Which is a normal thing in the design industry), strange requests (Which is a normal thing in the design industry), sometimes you need to sell why you design what you did, and explain why and how it will help the sales (This is kinda of fun, but some people don't like it)

Advice to Management

Keep up what you are doing in the design team, and implement it throughout the company (Which you are)

9. "Great work place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, ON

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They sponsor lunches, team events, in-house training courses and family picnics. Room for advancement if interested. You can approach any BOD or management about a concern or suggestion. The value you as a person and are very receptive to your family members.

Cons

They need to start profit sharing since we always exceed our goals.

Advice to Management

Same as Con

10. "It's nice to look forward to going to work!"

Pros

Definitely find this company a "Family" environment. From the first day I had my first interview, I felt welcomed and part of the team. Little things like company picnics to random company sponsored luncheons to show staff appreciation make a huge impact on morale. Having management solicit and implement suggestions from team members shows that you are part of the company and not just a "number"

Cons

Smaller department sizes can lead to staffing issues due to absenteeism, but it is a minor obstacle.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!