I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (More than a year)
CWD values an employees opinion and goes to great lengths to keep its staff happy. There are many team building events throughout the year that allow you to talk with people working in other departments you wouldn't normally see every day.
Communication between departments could be improved to help the company run more efficiently.
I have been working at Circus World Displays (More than 3 years)
- Good education fund.
- Good and friendly co-workers.
- Employee discounts are good.
- Extremely low compensation. I have been here for almost 5 years and got promoted once, yet my salary has barely risen to be noticeable due to the huge rise in the cost of living. Take the median job salary on Payscale.com and minus 5-10k.
- The owner(s) of the company have trust issues in their employees.
- Bonuses are promised on interview but goals are kept secret. Goals are completely unrealistic. Expect to only reach 40-60% of your goal year after year.
- The company always toutes the Dale Carnegie rules and learnings but it becomes clear when it comes to rewarding employees, they throw those concepts out the window.
- Poor work life balance. Have to make up time when missed for appointments. Company says they have great work life balance because the business is not open on the weekend.
- Very Political. Any inquiry you have about an issue, it gets addressed very broadly and you are told to refer to your manager for more details. Truth be told, managers know about the same as employees.
- Frustrated managers because of company expectations trickles down to employees.
- Building in need of a serious make-over and update
Advice to Management
- If you truly care about your employees. You will reward them with fair compensation. They are not a means to your end. The cost of living is rising and we are feeling the sting.
- Please make corporate goals realistic
- Update the building. Looking and beige and dirty white walls all day is excruciating .
- Be nice to your employees and genuinely act interested in them.
I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (More than 8 years)
Company is growing and if successful can have large impact and grow within the company. People there are great. Focused on culture, provide rewards and corporate lunches once a month. Safe and clean environment.
Turnover is an issue. High expectations. Compensation package could improve with regards to vacation, lieu time and pay at some levels. It has been improving but recent contracts removed lieu time which means if you work 60 hour week, no compensation or time off but instead built into your pay.
Advice to Management
I think all companies can benefit from valuing their employees more. This is something that would help CWD with the turnover and retention issues. The focus has always been growing the business and I believe that is obviously more important but to take the company to the next level we need more focus on the value of employees.
Full time, Benefits, Bonuses and overtime opportunities. Great environment and I've never had an employer feed me so much.
It takes to long to get feedback on annual reviews.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?