I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (Less than a year)
1.friendly environment and great co-workers
2. too much learning opportunities courses
3.feel freedom to do job
4.it's easy to concentrate on your job without disturbing, meaning high efficiency
there is not enough office space for more and more employee
I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (More than 3 years)
The people here are great
This company is unlike any that I know, and not in a good way. I am also very perplexed as to who the people are here that have been giving such high reviews.
To break it down for you, this company is run by a family, with two disagreeing brothers as the managing directors. That right there is a major issue for why things are difficult. They rarely agree on issues that they should clearly be aligned with.
One brother, is completely set in his ways and old fashioned, refuses to allow staff (who are incredibly skilled to do the work they are hired to do), to improve and create content that would benefit the brands. He would rather people follow suit to exactly what he wants, and anyone who challenges a new way/modern thinking in terms of "less is more", is quickly terminated. His respect for his employees is shown in his own punctuality with meetings, and the higher than thou attitude that is reflected in communication between team members. Having to report to him requires lengthy and time wasting write-ups or agendas, and going over every detail as to why something didnt work.
As for the other brother, he is more up to speed and eager to create change, however his overall micromanaging, incredibly high expectations, contradictions and constant comparing to other companies creates a less than ideal work environment. Being challenged and having high goals is necessary for any person and business, but constantly being made to feel as though nothing is "perfect" and in turn feeling guilty is incredibly unhealthy.
There is a problem with some departments being understaffed, which leads to people taking on elements of other positions (without pay increase) to cover all bases, which again in turn can become stressful and unfair. Constantly being watched either by the cameras in every corner of the buildings, or the monitoring of what is on your computer screen, gets tiring very quickly.
There are some great products coming out of this company, however some become irrelevant and behind the times in technology, within a few short months compared to the competition. This is largely due to the fact that there is some sort of disconnect with product release dates, which are never met and often weeks or months past original times. This would be understandable once and while, but having this happen with every single product is concerning.
Advice to Management
Let go a little bit.
I worked at Circus World Displays full-time (Less than a year)
- fellow employees are wonderful to work with
- not working at CWD
- every day, employees walk into a beige building with bars on the windows
- both managing directors asked current employees to write positive reviews on this site
- the one managing director uses big words he hears from educated employers and ends up sounding unprofessional
- the BOD is formed of a mom and dad and their two sons, good luck with that
- the BOD micro manages the death out of everyone
- hr went from 5 employees to 1 at the end of 2014
- turnover was 40% for 2014
- once an employee leaves, they are badly talked about by managing directors or asked to work from home for their last two weeks so they do not talk to other employees
- wage is low, hence why young professionals are hired
- recruitment process drags on
- to get ahead, you have to stay late. If you like to go home right at 5:00PM (because almost 9 hours isn't enough for them) and see your family - you wont make it at CWD. It shows them you are not putting your "all" into the company
- many meetings are wasted on overly discussing employees growth. That employee falls behind on their work and ends up staying late putting most action items from meeting on the back burner.
- computer usage monitored like its some sport to the BOD
- cameras in every office, which the BOG watched from their phone to make sure other employees are not on their phone. Huge trust issues.
Advice to Management
- pointless, as they will ask someone to write a positive review so they don't have to focus on the negative ones.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?