Found 4 of over 140 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Challenged by horrible current leadership that does not care about the overall well" (in 3 reviews)
- "Upper management is not chosen based on being the 'best candidate' for the job or promoted based on experience and leadership; rather they are selected based on political allegiances and loyalty." (in 3 reviews)
- "Long hours due to shortage of man power" (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Chicago Police Department and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Dec 22, 2021Police DetectiveCurrent Employee, more than 10 years
Health Insurance and vacation days
Terrible work life balance. Your days off are always cancelled and they change your starting times at will. You don't get holidays off even if they fall on your day off. Management does not value the employee.
- 1.0Jul 14, 2022DetectiveCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsChicago, IL
Job security as long as you are not proactive.
Work life balance. The entire department is based off of cronyism. It is likely one of the worst ran organizations in the country.
- 5.0May 28, 2023Retired MilitaryCurrent Employee
Action Teamwork Flexing to other districts Professional development Community networking
High crime Safety hazards Work life balance Physicality Overtime