What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Challenged by horrible current leadership that does not care about the overall well" (in 3 reviews)
- "Terrible work life balance." (in 3 reviews)
- "Upper management is not chosen based on being the 'best candidate' for the job or promoted based on experience and leadership; rather they are selected based on political allegiances and loyalty." (in 3 reviews)
- "Long hours due to shortage of man power" (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Chicago Police Department and is not affected by filters.
- Ethnic Group
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 135 of over 139 reviews
Updated Sept 15, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Chicago Police Department Reviews FAQs
Chicago Police Department has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 139 reviews left anonymously by employees. 38% of employees would recommend working at Chicago Police Department to a friend and 30% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.
38% of Chicago Police Department employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Chicago Police Department 2.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.5 for culture and values and 2.7 for career opportunities.