Chemtrade Employee Reviews about "plant"

Updated Jul 27, 2021

Found 15 of over 112 reviews

3.8
Chemtrade CEO Scott Rook (no image)
Scott Rook
Pros
  • "Just joined Chemtrade a few months ago, and I'm positively surprised(in 9 reviews)

• "Staff are always willing to do their best to make the plant/orders work(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Older buildings for some plant sites(in 10 reviews)

• "Work-life balance is a challenge(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "plant"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for

Aug 21, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Good management team 2. Manageable workload

Cons

1. Older buildings for some plant sites

2. 3.0

Poor management

Jul 27, 2021 - Coordinator in Valleyfield, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Staff are always willing to do their best to make the plant/orders work

Cons

Regional manager gives you a lot of the plant manager's job, since no plant manager. No appreciation whatsoever nor sympathy.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to work

Jun 15, 2021 - Chemical Process Operator in Fort Saskatchewan, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Rrsp matching, high wage, good premiums, lots of overtime, Gain experience in a lot of different aspects.

Cons

Small outdoor plant, No free merchandise, Lots of small jobs to do that you wouldn’t have to at bigger plants

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Technical Personnel Review

Jul 26, 2019 - Electrical and Automation Engineer In Training in Brandon, MB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive compensation and excellent benefits. Supportive, team based environment on plant sites and at the corporate level. Lots of opportunity to expand personal working knowledge, while contributing noticeable benefits to the company.

Cons

Minimal training budget. Decreasing stock price since 2018.

5. 4.0

good company

Sep 22, 2020 - E&I Technician in Shreveport, LA
      Business Outlook

Pros

they listen to their employees when they should. good pay

Cons

plant is shutting down but its more economy and location based

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Every Job Has It's Challenges, But I Am Enjoying Working Here!!!

May 28, 2019 - Maintenance Supervisor in Celina, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture of Safety- There is a focused vision of a culture of safety. Emphasis on NOTHING being above proceeding in a safe manner. Incredible opportunity to lead from the front. We are always pushing for individual to be forward leaning rather than waiting for someone to tell them what to do. We are a "manpower efficient" operation. Teamwork is a must. Surrounded by Opportunities to Excel- There is a dedicated effort to increase the material condition and operational capabilities of the plant. There are always opportunities for individuals and teams to excel! Benefits package is really great. 401K 6% match! I actually look forward to going to work everyday! Is it perfect? NO, but I have heard absolute horror stories of situations from friends of mine working at other companies that I have not had to deal with here. Make me feel pretty good about my job! The surrounding area makes it easy to get to work. There are a number of different directions you can live. You want to live in the country (like me) no problem. City life, no problem!

Cons

Shortage of Manpower- I am really having a hard time finding qualified maintenance Technicians to apply, but I am building a Maintenance Team designed to work and learn together, building on our strengths and improving on individual skill set weakness by cross training and education. Always 100 items to complete and sometimes 99 of them are priorities, but it really exercises critical thinking skills!

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 3.0

N/A

Jun 5, 2019 - Technical Planner/Scrum Master
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits if you are a family.

Cons

In terms of pay, its on the lower scale of chemical plants.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Strongly Recommend Chemtrade!

Apr 7, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong commitment to environmental health, and safety from the CEO to the plant managers. The company is willing to shut the plant down to do the right thing.

Cons

The company grows through acquisitions so it requires you to be flexible.

11 people found this review helpful

Chemtrade Response

Sourcing Specialist

Thank you very much for your excellent review! We appreciate your input and we are really glad to hear that you enjoy working at Chemtrade. It’s very rewarding to learn that our employees recognize our commitment to workplace health and safety. Thanks again!

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Loved my job

Apr 28, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed what I do

Cons

Plant closed is only reason I'm leaving

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

People First

Jan 18, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is a high level of autonomy with management type roles as the company values entrepreneurship and reducing bureaucracy. Chemtrade employees are highly engaged and vested in helping to create a great company. It is small enough that disengaged employees are few and far between. Safety is a core value held by all management. Richmond plant specifically has new site management that are strong leaders, good people, and technical experts in their field.

Cons

We work really hard. The high level of engagement results in long hours. The job is fun and I enjoy it, but work life balance is a struggle sometimes, particularly with travel. As this is a young company, lack of corporate programs/guidance can be frustrating at times.

3 people found this review helpful

Chemtrade Response

Sourcing Specialist

Thank you for sharing such a thoughtful feedback! We are happy to hear that are having a great time working at Chemtrade. It’s really encouraging to read that you enjoy Chemtrade’s fun and safe work environment. We want you to know that we continue to implement programs, systems and processes that provide the tools and structure necessary to support our Value of putting People First.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews