Ceridian Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-time Part-time

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends

Pros
Cons
  • The pace of change can sometimes impact work/life balance (in 46 reviews)

• Not enough women in upper management positions (in 24 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Leaders that care"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Having worked in other companies prior to Ceridian, I can only appreciate the leadership team that is consistently walking the talk, seeking for feedback and doing something with the feedback. The working environment at Ceridian, embraces employees of all ages, of all generations and drives a culture of performance and of passion of the customer and the employees. Ceridian is poised for a vibrant future that I want to be part of !

Cons

Coping with the fast growth is a challenging task. Requiring to keep balance with the present and the fast pacing future has its challenges.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing

"A Great Place for Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My favourite thing about Ceridian is that every day looks different from the one before. We continue to grow and change and push the status quo for our employees and our customers and along the way it gives employees like me the chance to grow and change with it. I am really proud of our team and how we continue to work together - it feels like a family to me.

Cons

With high growth can come growing pains. It's important to be able to manage change and the added pressure that can come as we grow through it. To me this is a positive because it's great learning but it can also mean some longer hours and some challenging or nebulous tasks.

Advice to Management

The values and culture evolution have been great but keep looking for opportunities to align the organization on our vision and priorities. With lots of growth and change it can be tough to keep everyone on the same page and rowing the boat in the same direction. We have a great team and we need to keep over communicating to them.

3. "Speak to current and former employees before you join Ceridian. Eyes wide open."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Ceridian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the people are good, solid team players
    Somewhat work / life balance
    Compensation and benefits are fair

Cons

Some Dayforce employees continue to be self-indulgent, unfriendly and behave in an entitled manner. They act like they have the CEO in their back pocket and can get away with unprofessional behaviour. Sad really.

Advice to Management

Listen and watch what's really going on within the silos of the organization. Do not allow unprofessional behaviour to continue.

5. "It was my first real job, and I really appreciated everything there."

Former Employee - Developer in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Developer in Toronto, ON

I worked at Ceridian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly work environment,
    Flexible and reasonable work hours.
    Lots of opportunity for growth
    Lots of events including weekly sport games even though we suck at most of them

Cons

It's a growing company so management processes are still being changed and refined. This can be a little chaotic and counterproductive sometimes.

"Implementation"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility and the ability to work from home.
    Decent but not the best incentive plan.

Cons

Processes change on the fly
    Upper management promises ridiculous deals

Advice to Management

Do not try to con your employees by changing the incentive plan too much...the nps field was a true let down this quarter which we had no control over. YOU WILL LOSE VALUABLE PEOPLE IF YOU CONTINUE WITH THESE ANTICS. Do not take your employees for granted or else you will see attrition.

"Leaders share the love!"

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture. People appreciate each other. Leaders always take the time to show they are human and care.

Cons

A start-up culture means sometimes things happen quickly and you have to adapt.

Advice to Management

Keep showing us the love. Thank you notes, small tokens of appreciation and we love free meals. It would be great if all the offices got the perks that the huge ones do. Love the treadmills, but free fresh fruit/soft drinks regularly would be nice too!

8. "Better work life balance needed at Ceridian"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Ceridian full-time

Pros

Great group of dedicated people working side by side to accomplish common goals. Company is growing and successful. Company pays well and always looked to promote within.

Cons

Too many late nights and after hour work is needed to get standard workload completed.

Advice to Management

More assistance is needed to team members.

"Associate Implementation Consultant - WFM Enterprise"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Ceridian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot in a short period of time. Some people are helpful in sharing the quirks and limitations of the platform. I had the autonomy to gather WFM requirements + configure.

Cons

- Training did not prepare you to the full scale of WFM but it does give you a basic understanding of the platform.
    - One of the former trainer actually harassed me in the kitchen because I received a high grade (he thought I cheated). He refused to look at my study notes and he did not have another test for me to complete when I told him I will write the test in front of him. This was reported to HR on my first official week (post training).
    - Lack of guidance on new hires. This was an associate position but in less than a year, I was expected to work at a senior level. In fact, I did some configuration (i.e. entitlements config) on a project not assigned to me to help out a senior colleague.
    - 70 hour work weeks - unrealistic deadlines and lack of support from upper management especially if they are not the project sponsor of the projects you are working on. I inherited a project that I was supposed to launch in 2.5 months (typical enterprise projects require for at least 1 year to complete). I never understood why people care so much about work-life balance until I worked here.
    - If you have no technical background (doesn't know advanced excel/ SQL), you will have a hard time on this role.
    - The platform isn't meant for configuring large enterprise clients so it froze often or it's incredibly slow to load -- making configuration work more difficult
    - The Implementation Workbook isn't that useful to gather client requirements. A couple of friends and I ended up creating our own templates to gather the requirements.
    - Change management occur on a regular basis
    - They hire employees so quickly even though they may not have the right background. Very high turnover on this department.
    - The implementation team is disconnected from the product team so we had no way of reaching to them when there were product bugs. Upper management didn't know how to address this either. They also discontinued product feedback between the 2 teams.
    - A lot of people are so busy so we end up working in silos
    - For a tech company, Ceridian Dayforce is SUPER cheap in appreciating their employees.

Advice to Management

The implementation consultants spend the most time configuring the product. The product team should invest more time in working with this team to make the platform more user friendly. A lot of clients do not understand how to use /test the platform because the system is not intuitive. If your best consultants have a hard time understanding the platform, don't expect anyone else to understand how to use it without hic cups. Also, really look into people who possess technical and HR background instead of hiring random employees. Training also needs to include more realistic samples instead of giving easy basic training.

"Exceptional People Leaders + Great Software = Best Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Senior Leadership - talented, commuted and people focused.

Great people and great customers - love coming to work every day

Dayforce Software - best in the HCM industry

Cons

It's fast paced and exciting - not for those who like status quo.

Software is disruptive in the market place - not for those who like the status quo.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - keeps getting better every year

"Very average experience overall"

Former Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Toronto, ON

I worked at Ceridian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exposure to some very large clients due to the nature of the business. Ability to move within the company if you stick around long enough.

Cons

Since I worked at the Dayforce division of Ceridian, I found that it appeared that management wasn't sure whether they were a startup (Dayforce) or a multinational behemoth (Ceridian). I didn't have a bad experience but it wasn't ever exciting going to work.

Advice to Management

Choose a path- startup or not- focus is key.