Ceridian Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ceridian CEO David Ossip
David Ossip

1,011 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • work life balance as you have the ability to work from home (which is sometimes needed with the workload) (in 115 reviews)

• Love that there is an option to work from home (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • The pace of change can sometimes impact work/life balance (in 51 reviews)

• Not enough women in upper management positions (in 25 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Leaders that care"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Having worked in other companies prior to Ceridian, I can only appreciate the leadership team that is consistently walking the talk, seeking for feedback and doing something with the feedback. The working environment at Ceridian, embraces employees of all ages, of all generations and drives a culture of performance and of passion of the customer and the employees. Ceridian is poised for a vibrant future that I want to be part of !

Cons

Coping with the fast growth is a challenging task. Requiring to keep balance with the present and the fast pacing future has its challenges.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing

2. "Fast paced company with fast growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Inspiring progress in the market
    -Lots of internal movement opportunity

Cons

-Work can get very busy very quickly
    -Too many priorities to focus on specific tasks

Advice to Management

-Keep your talent close by before people start leaving

"Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - SMB Sales Consultant in Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - SMB Sales Consultant in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Ceridian full-time

Pros

- Great people to work with
    - The managers are very down to earth
    - 0 micro-management
    - Good commission

Cons

The current location need more windows, but except for that I cannot think of any other cons.

Advice to Management

Work does not feel like work at Cerdian but more like a passion and that's because of the helpful people around and how the company is managed. Hence, do not change how things are running at the moment because we are more than happy.

"Ceridian Walks the Talk! ( I love my job and Ceridian!)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Where do I start? I've been working here for over 5 years and I love it. I love working at the office and seeing my friends (yes, friends - not colleagues) and I also love the flexibility of working from home when life or my work load dictates it.

I always tell new hires - love change because that's the one thing that is constant at Ceridian but it's good change! Change to be a better company, change to implement better "makes work life better" guidelines for us and our customers. Change is hard for me but these changes are ones that I fully support.

I have an amazing manager who supports me every.single.day. No matter where she is, I always know I can contact her if need be and the lines of communication are always wide open. She's also incredibly strategic and helps me focus on what truly matters in my role. I was unexpectedly out of the office earlier this year and she, along with Lisa Sterling, were incredibly supportive.

I've worked at other organizations that say they have the employee experience in sight when implementing new policies and procedures but having worked at other companies in the past 15 years, no one walks the talk like Ceridian.

Cons

There are 'cons' at all work places but at Ceridian, I don't see them as that. I see our struggles as an opportunity to be better at transparency, teamwork, etc. I joke that Ceridian is not perfect but nor do I want to work at a company with no challenges. The challenges are what bind us together as a team (one, giant team!) and keep us moving to next goal or opportunity.

Advice to Management

I work at a company that is constantly checking in with employees to see what's working, what's not working, etc. And then, the best part? The execs actually do something about what's not working. The day the execs stop caring about our experiences, our workload, our engagement is the day I probably will stop working here. The good news is that with the current executive team, they will never stop listening and making work life better for all of us!

6. "Innovative & Flexible - A great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Very focused on both employee engagement and customer focus. Lots of attention and thoughtful initiatives put into action in both of these areas.
    - Cutting edge product (Dayforce) that is always looking to push the boundaries and be an innovative HCM leader.
    - Always seeking feedback - multiple small surveys throughout each year as well as one large one. Plenty of opportunities to give feedback, and the company genuinely tries to take the feedback and make changes that people would like to see.
    - Flexible work environment. You can work in the office, at home... whatever works best for you (although many like to come into the offices because of the strong bond with colleagues).
    - Personally, I love working at Ceridian and I highly recommend it to anyone.

Cons

- This isn't a "con" at all for me, but high growth isn't for everyone. It is an important part of Ceridian! I love it, but for those who prefer a more 9-5 type of job then it may not be the best fit. It's fast-paced and you need to embrace change.
    - There are likely comments on this site around work/life balance. That being said, the company knows this and has taken a lot of measures to address.

Advice to Management

It's great that a lot of attention is placed on collecting employee feedback and it's even better that you keep trying to take actions as a result. The continuous efforts to make this a great place to work is certainly noticed and appreciated. It's a special culture here.

7. "Waking up to better Monday's"

Current Employee - Senior Implementation Project Manager in Ottawa, ON
    Current Employee - Senior Implementation Project Manager in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at Ceridian (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, Exceptional support from management, Best of talented colleagues, Feeling as part of the Ceridian family member not an employee number.

Cons

Review PM project loads (Quantity vs. Quality)

Advice to Management

Need better front-end planning in projects prior to implementation

8. "Great place to work at!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Toronto, ON

Pros

Everyone works as a team and constantly striving to get better! T

Cons

Work life balance is something you need to manage.

"The Best Company!"

Current Employee - Senior Implementation Consultant in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Senior Implementation Consultant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Best CEO hands down - his vision is amazing
    - Excellent Managers - always willing to assist you and help you reach your personal goals
    - work life balance as you have the ability to work from home (which is sometimes needed with the workload)

Cons

The workload can be immense but hey no pain no gain - Ceridian upper management values everything you do

Advice to Management

Keep valuing your employees and maintaining the work/life balance which makes this company so great. This culture is priceless.

10. "Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been at Ceridian for seven years. Company has gone through an amazing transformation. I have learned a ton and love what I do.

Cons

Still some old-Ceridian redtape stuff that needs to be made more efficient.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue communicating.

11. "Keeps getting better"

Current Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. Lots to learn
    2. Ability to make a big impact
    3. Limited politics
    4. Amazing colleauges
    5. Above average compensation
    6. Treated like a professional, flexibility

Cons

1. No coasting allowed (but is that really a bad thing?)
    2. We move a little slower than we used to (but adding some rigour, process is a good thing as a company matures)

Advice to Management

1. Continue to communicate
    2. Continue to encourage leadership to foster teamwork across departments