Centro Sales Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 5 reviews

5.0
Centro CEO Shawn Riegsecker
Shawn Riegsecker

"No need to look elsewhere"

Current Employee - Sales Support in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are many perks (tons of good snacks, beverages, benefits, vacation, company sponsored yoga, and meditation). However, the best part about Centro are the people you get to work with. Hands down the greatest group of people who will always "have your back". At the end of the day, like most who have work experience, I care that I am able to be part of something, learn, make mistakes, learn some more, add value.... Everyone has the ability to step up and work hard. Those who do, are recognized and appreciated. Centro encourages mental health and well-being.

Cons

As with any company there are people who are unhappy or bitter, and those people can create negative work experiences, which can be frustrating. Lack of understanding into the development prioritization process.

Advice to Management

Encourage your teams to support open and honest communication. Train everyone on how to handle giving and receiving feedback. If someone does not know they need to improve, then they are not being set up for success. Celebrate even the smallest successes, it will go a long way. Figure out how to help or fix situations where people don't support one another, or believe in what they’re doing.... you're either... on the bus, or you're not.

Centro2018-02-26

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Centro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Centro offers top notch benefits including 401k matching, a 3 week sabbatical for tenured employees, competitive pay, 4 months maternity/1 month paternity leave, (the list goes on...). Most important, Centro offers the opportunity to work with an outstanding group of individuals in a challenging and supportive environment. Yes, the company has gone through changes over the last 8-10 months, but we are in an... industry that is constantly evolving. I commend the leadership team for not allowing us to become irrelevant but rather, pushing the envelope to make sure we stay at the forefront of that evolution. Change can be difficult, but if you're not willing to play a role and push for a stronger outcome, then perhaps it's time to reconsider a career in Ad Tech.

Cons

There is room for improvement when it comes to unifying communications across teams.

Advice to Management

1) Keep pushing that envelope and challenging employees. 2) Increase coaching opportunities with mid-management to better deliver on communications. As a company, we pride ourselves on transparency but its important to ensure that the message is clear and consistent from office to office and across teams.

Centro2018-02-27

"Cares about employees"

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, great culture, great leadership, great people

Cons

None really. Transitioning from a smaller company to a bigger company which has it's share of transition hiccups, but nothing that is glaring.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to find people that don't fit the company goals and mindset. There is some truth to the saying: "addition by subtraction".

Centro2015-12-03

"In all honesty, my favorite job that I've had in my 22 year career. It's just a normal, sane place with smart people."

Current Employee - Sales Leadership in New York, NY

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've had the opportunity to be a thought leader for all parts of the business so long as my main role and focus are also handled vigorously. The values of the company are so solid. Shawn is a very good leaders from a culture standpoint. Very little turnover comparably.

Cons

There aren't any major cons that stand out vs the rest of this insanely fragmented media and tech industry. Any pain point is an industry pain point in my opinion. Products may be a bit slow to develop

Centro2014-04-14
  5. "Very successful company that places high value on work-life balance and client success..."

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Encourages personal growth and development; continues to research and test new opportunities for their clients; software; forward-thinking. Also, Centro continues to hire smart, talented, innovative leaders across the company.

Cons

Somewhat slow in expanding internationally (beyond Canada). Fingers crossed.

Advice to Management

I very much like that Centro is transparent to employees (keep it up). Please continue to hire smart, fun, team-spirited employees.

Centro2014-04-13