Centro Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Centro CEO Shawn Riegsecker
Shawn Riegsecker

"Centro"

I have been working at Centro full-time

Pros

Amazing people with a very well developed knowledge of programmatic advertising; unlimited paid vacation

Cons

Zero flexibility on hours; lack of procedures to execute a collective team goal

Centro2016-06-09

"Programmatic Account Management"

Current Employee - Digital Media Specialist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Really good company culture - Very progressive keeping up with technology

Cons

- I can't really think of anything I to say here

Advice to Management

you guys are awesome!

Centro2016-04-27

"Centro is great!"

I have been working at Centro full-time

Pros

Amazing culture throughout the organization. PTO and perks at Centro are amazing!

Cons

Every job has its tradeoffs but at Centro the pros heavily outweighs the cons.

Advice to Management

Salary is a little low when comparing similar position's at other companies other than that keep up the great work!

Centro2015-08-26

"My job IS as cool as my friends think it is."

Current Employee - Office Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Centro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Centro and fellow Centrons live by their principles. They are dedicated to the growth, well-being and the happiness of each other. It makes a world of difference spending everyday with people you genuinely like and care about. Great perks: *Fresh fruit and healthy snacks *$500 gym reimbursement per year *Monthly Happy Hour *Trip to Chicago for orientation *Hours are 10AM - 6PM Time Off: *10... 'Ferris Bueller' (personal) Days *3 weeks vacation *At your 4 year mark a mandatory paid sabbatical Benefits: Health and Dental 80% coverage

Cons

The hiring process was long... but I guess it's to make sure they pick the right people!

Advice to Management

We will be destined for success if we can keep the same environment as the company continues to grow!

Centro2015-03-11

"Great Cutler, great people and great work environment ."

I have been working at Centro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, no office policies. People are easy to talk, and willing to help each other. High productive team, won't feel like wasting time at all.

Cons

A bit far from subway station.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture, make the reporting structure flat and make the decision more transparent.

Centro2015-01-25

"Happy to go to work everyday!"

Digital Media Specialist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Centro

Pros

Best culture I've ever been a part of. Leave your title at the door - everyone's ideas are welcome and encouraged. We're a big family running a fast-growing company that is headed in an incredible direction. Employees are highly valued and treated with respect. Little bureaucracy. Dynamic and fun environment. Constantly learning and adapting to change.

Cons

Not enough to mention :)

Centro2015-01-16

"Truly one of the best places to work!"

Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Centro

Pros

Centro has all the trappings of a great place to work: great people; exciting work; cool perqs. But, what really makes the company special is its values. Centro not only explicitly states that it believes that lasting success comes from individual growth and well-being (see: the Centro Manifesto) - which is cool - but, it actively lives these values every day. That is truly unique in this day and age, and the... fundamental reason underlying why you should want to work here.

Cons

The biggest challenge about life at Centro is working in a fast-growing, cutting-edge environment. You need to be adaptable, quick on your feet, and be able to work in a place (and industry) where the rules are still being written. This can be exciting to some, but challenging to others.

Advice to Management

Stick to the vision, without compromising the values that make Centro unique, and the rest will take care of itself.

Centro2014-12-17

"Everyone cares"

I have been working at Centro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone cares story: Due to bad weather, some flights for the Christmas party got cancelled. We also have missed the year end presentation from the CEO which was supposed to be very important. The CEO responded with a personal email saying that he will is hoping we still are able to make it to Chicago for the party, and that he will come to Toronto ASAP to give us the presentation in person. Great Perks +... fresh fruit + snacks (peanuts, pretzels, granola bars, cheese) + pop + 3 weeks off + 10 personal days Company Culture: + Self improvement + encouraged to do physical activity with 500$ a year option + 2 free classes a year (from any University) [after 1 year employment] + Happy Hour every month + Holiday party in Chicago where you meet everyone including the CEO + Orientation in Chicago where you will most likely personally meet the CEO Work: + Great support from Test Engineers and sales people ensures Engineers do not do too much manual work/debugging. + Services written with the best practices. [Pretty much copied directly from the book] Hours: + Very casual, most people arrive at the office between 10 and 11, leave between 6 and 7. [We still do work hard]

Cons

The Health and Dental plan could be better. - the Dental plan covers 80% - only ($240) coverage for corrective eye surgery

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, as discussed in meetings we know the next steps to make everyones lives easier, and we are definitely approaching

Centro2014-12-16

"A wonderful place to work, grow and be part of a fast paced start-up like environment"

I have been working at Centro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced environment. The company is still growing at a rapid speed. So a lot of opportunity to grow and learn and make your own future. Great Benefits Average/Above Average salaries Great work life balance Friday Happy hour . .a wonderful opportunity to enjoy a few drinks after work and mingle with co-workers

Cons

Too many amazing things and great people all around. A lot happening all the time. Sometimes its easy to loose focus and get distracted.

Advice to Management

Keep Being Awesome

Centro2014-12-16

"Dedicated hard-working colleagues"

Senior Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Centro

Pros

The best thing are the dedicated, well educated and hard-working people. It makes such a difference to morale when you spend your days with other people who also want to grow and to share their knowledge and vision. Management have been very receptive to employees' opinions and put a lot of trust into employees. The compensation is decent, the holiday schedule is absolutely amazing (Ferris Bueller days,... Sabbaticals, generousness vacation), and the benefits are excellent (pretty much all the US benefits listed on Glassdoor have been mirrored to Canadian equivalents here in Toronto). Somehow our CEO, Shawn Riegsecker, manages to remember the names of hundreds of employees...

Cons

The company as a whole has the philosophy that if it helps you grow as a person, that value will be put back into the company. In return, there's an expectation that you should work hard and be prepared to develop and contribute. This is not a job for the lazy or foolish.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Centro2014-12-17