Centro Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 257 reviews

4.0
Centro CEO Shawn Riegsecker
Shawn Riegsecker

"Centro is a Great Place to Work at!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Centro full-time for less than a year

Pros

- super nice friendly colleagues - everyone is respectable and kind - open culture, you can go directly and talk to anyone in the office, even your boss's boss - great culture in the office - amazing minds to work with and learn from

Cons

- no con as such - been working here for a while now and every morning i wake up, i look forward to coming to work

Advice to Management

- keep doing what you are doing, change is essential and you are on the right path

Centro2018-03-23

"Great Place To Learn About Programmatic"

Former Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Toronto, ON

I worked at Centro full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Awesome people; there's definitely a "family" vibe here - A great hands-on learning experience for all things programmatic (if you would've asked me what a "pixel" was 3 years ago, I would have thought you were asking me about the quality of my phone's camera...) - Flexible time off - Great work/life balance - Snacks and bevvies (yay!) - Above average salary - Open-door policy with management (speaking for... the Toronto office; I've never worked in the other offices) - We're encouraged to give feedback on product updates, and share feature requests from clients The people I have worked with both in the Toronto office, and [virtually] within the offices in the US, are friendly and knowledgeable in what they do. There are people here who I will miss, and I wish I could pack them up into my laptop bag and take them with me to my next adventure.

Cons

- Snacks and bevvies (I've gained 10 lbs since being here... thanks a lot...) - Bonuses are not consistent. We're paid well, and a lot of companies don't have bonus structures anyway, but this is still worth acknowledging. - Changes in "structure/management/product focus/etc." is exciting in my opinion, but can understandably be confusing at times. This seems to be the norm at a lot of tech companies. Not quite a... "con", but it's something to be aware of if change makes you uncomfortable.

Advice to Management

Not just to management, but to everyone: - Always be transparent; bad news is better than being kept in the dark. - Be open to change, and be willing to accept that companies face challenges when they grow. No matter where you are - things won't be perfect 100% of the time; understanding of this will help you appreciate the highs, and brace for the lows. - Rather than speaking poorly of a company, be thankful... for the learning experience. - If you feel as though your voice isn't heard when you have a problem, speak louder.

Centro2018-03-16

"Centro is an incredible place to work!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people. They are second to none. I have been able to grow so much professionally and personally from the amazing individuals who work across all our offices. We have amazing benefits, compensation AND lots of snacks ;)

Cons

There is truly nothing that I have to complain about, sure I could complain about how many emails are sitting in my inbox but in terms of the company... I am extremely happy to be here!

Advice to Management

Continue being open and sharing with the organization. I have never really felt "blocked out" by our management and executive teams since they have been very open about the company, issues and changes coming down the pipe.

Centro2018-03-02

"All considering, this is a great company."

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's clear that the company, as a whole, makes an effort to invest in their employees. My experience won't be the same as everyone else's, as I lucked out with an incredible manager.

Cons

Nothing noteworthy here - a lot of the hires can be quite young, so there's a certain amount of immaturity/communication challenges that come along with the territory. This isn't something you can necessarily escape from from a lot of companies so you might as well get used to it!

Advice to Management

No advice - just, thank you.

Centro2017-10-16

"good company"

I worked at Centro

Pros

nice coworkers. okay parking, bathrooms are small

Cons

not much room for growth

Centro2017-08-09

"Ample opportunities for growth for driven and knowledgable people"

I worked at Centro

Pros

- Great culture - Work on the latest and greatest in ad tech - See the products you deliver in action internally and externally

Cons

Not many negatives to cite. Maybe that some of the higher management is too conservative in their approach to team management, communication, and project delivery.

Centro2017-06-18
  7. "Overall Great"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people. Transparent advancement opportunities. Good culture and perks.

Cons

Office is very loud and too small, with limited parking.

Centro2016-12-09

"Not what it used to be"

I have been working at Centro full-time

Pros

- Generous unlimited paid time off and benefits package - Great culture - Coworkers are fun, young and positive - Nice office and a great variety of snacks

Cons

- Politics, politics, politics. - As long as you are friends with your manager you are rewarded with raises and promotions. I have witnessed people who pawn their work off onto others and do nothing but sit on facebook all day get rewarded while others who work their tails off go unnoticed. - Hard to grow your career when they would rather hire externally at a lower pay rate. - Pay is not good and raises are... difficult to get. If you fight for a raise you are lucky to get 2%. - Bonus' are a total joke.

Advice to Management

If you want different results, do something different! Take the genuine concerns of your employees seriously. I am unsure of what the executive team actually does but holding them accountable for their actions and unrealistic forecasts would be a start.

Centro2016-11-19

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Centro

Pros

-Great people -Interesting projects and challenges -Lots of opportunity to learn new things

Cons

-Not great office space -Toronto office is not as great as

Centro2016-10-03

"Awesome people and great environment"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefit and salary and more importantly helpful managers.

Cons

old building and far from Union Station

Advice to Management

Continue your job as niow.

Centro2016-09-06